Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mirtos

Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:08 AM
My computer crashed, and im having to reinstall everything on it. I dont have a backup of it (the backup drive also died... figures).

I have the portfolios and user files i created over time saved (dropbox), but the question is my license.

I have two licenses, one on a working computer and one on the now crashed computer. im fairly sure the crashed computer was the primary. Do I need to get it emailed to me, when I try to reinstall? Or what should i expect?

Last edited by mirtos; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
mirtos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM
After you install HL you go to License->Send My Licenses to Me... and I think it just asks for your email info again and emails your the licenses. Otherwise I think you can get them by logging into the website.

You can freely roll a license to a new computer every 120 days. So as long as you installed HL over 120 days ago you can easily activate it on your rebuilt computer with no issues. If its under 120 days you will have to send an email to LW support (support@wolflair.com) to ask about getting it rolled over.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks. it might be newer than 120 days... not sure... time is going so fast...when did the mac product come out? not sure.

Last edited by mirtos; April 23rd, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
mirtos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
The Mac release was last year. If it's been less than 120 days, you'll be given a link to a form to fill out to get the normal waiting period waived. It typically takes us only 24 hours to get those approved, after which you'll be off and running again.

Just make sure to use the correct license number on the machine. Otherwise, you'll end up running into annoying problems by inadvertently trying to use the same license number on multiple machines.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Last year? Well, its fine then, I was one of the beta testers. time flies. I will be sure to not use the wrong one Thanks Rob.
mirtos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote