Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chezha

Old March 6th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, I need some help/advice or possibly just directions.

I am quite new to Hero Lab. I do not own all possible books in Hero Lab and if that is the case If I can get the names of books I need I would appreciate it.

I did just download/added the d20 community package from "shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20pfsrd/updates.xml" following the instructions (I hope I did it right anyway).

I am having a hard time with a couple things so far. I am looking for the fighter archetype Armor Master. Also I did find a zip folder posted by the senior member Pezmerga. I just don't know how to install in (or copy the file to the appropriate folder on Hero Lab). There is actually a few more things I need help with but for now this is what I really need. If I can get some directions it would be amazing.
Chezha is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 6th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezha View Post
Hey guys, I need some help/advice or possibly just directions.
Welcome and you should hopefully find allot of help here.

Quote:
I am quite new to Hero Lab. I do not own all possible books in Hero Lab and if that is the case If I can get the names of books I need I would appreciate it.
You only need the books that you desire or you group is using. I am not 100% sure how to answer this.

Quote:
I did just download/added the d20 community package from "shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20pfsrd/updates.xml" following the instructions (I hope I did it right anyway).
We support a bunch of packages so I am not sure from what you posted which one you downloaded or needed. Many of these are for different campaign settings like Eberron or the Community Bestiary which helps DMs run adventure paths. Are you have any issues with the ones you downloaded?

Quote:
I am having a hard time with a couple things so far. I am looking for the fighter archetype Armor Master.
So Armor Master is from Ultimate Combat. What I do to figure that out is search d20pfsrd and then at the very bottom of the page you will see a Copy Right section that tells you which book it came from.

So to use this archetype you will have to purchase the UC package through Hero Lab. Once you re-active your license you will be able to check mark UC in the "Configure Your Hero" window.

Quote:
Also I did find a zip folder posted by the senior member Pezmerga. I just don't know how to install in (or copy the file to the appropriate folder on Hero Lab). There is actually a few more things I need help with but for now this is what I really need. If I can get some directions it would be amazing.
It will depend on what is in the zip file. Is it .user files or .por files?

You may wish to check out the FAQ thread. It has a glossary of terms and a bunch of the most common questions for new gamers. It may help you out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chezha

Old March 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM
ShadowChemosh, thank you so much. The FAQ really is what I was looking for apparently. Also thank you for pointing out that I just needed to look at the source for the archetype. If I have anymore questions I know who to ask
Chezha is offline   #3 Reply With Quote