Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

willuwontu

Old June 4th, 2016, 07:51 AM
How would I modify the unchained Eidolon to be allowed to take an individual ability score increase a number of times = 1 + floor(unchained summoner/6)?

Because apparently it's not a bug that you can only take it once right now (or so support says).

Would I have to remake the ability and change the calculations for it? Or would it be possible through an adjustment?
willuwontu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old June 4th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Well in this case I would say try to contact support again. Cause right now it is incorrectly implemented. With the report I would point them to the actual page where the evolution is mentioned or a link+description to the ability.

Seeing the evolution says
"This evolution can be selected more than once. It can be applied only once to an individual ability score, plus one additional time for every 6 levels the summoner possesses."

As for doing it yourself for now as far as I know you should make a copy and remove the check from it (the "if you already have it" check) I guess. And make your own check until it gets sorted out

Update:
Looking at "cSumAbSTR" for example under pre-regs they do have a check there mentioned you are allowed to take it more often (if you have the appropriate level of course). So it looks like the current implementation is a bug (haven't check the script what might be wrong tho)

Update 2:
Now that I altered their script to set variable allowed to a number (after the call function) by default it works fine for that amount.
Seeing setting variable allowed to 5 before "call CalcEvAllw" it will put allowed back to 1. So something seems to be going wrong inside the call trying to calculate the allowed (it always returns 1 no matter what variable rate is set at)

Last edited by Togainu; June 4th, 2016 at 02:26 PM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old June 4th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Alright, thanks
willuwontu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 5th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Now that I altered their script to set variable allowed to a number (after the call function) by default it works fine for that amount.
Seeing setting variable allowed to 5 before "call CalcEvAllw" it will put allowed back to 1. So something seems to be going wrong inside the call trying to calculate the allowed (it always returns 1 no matter what variable rate is set at)
CalcEvAllw is using a macro of #custspeciallevelcount[Summoner]. Based on the math this macro is always returning 0 giving a 0/6 plus 1 to always return one.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old June 5th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
CalcEvAllw is using a macro of #custspeciallevelcount[Summoner]. Based on the math this macro is always returning 0 giving a 0/6 plus 1 to always return one.
Could it be due to the fact that it tries to calculate summoner levels using the eidolon, and since the eidolon never has any levels it returns 0?
willuwontu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 5th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willuwontu View Post
Could it be due to the fact that it tries to calculate summoner levels using the eidolon, and since the eidolon never has any levels it returns 0?
We can't see Macros only LW can. I would push back to support that they need to look at the logic in the macro. Its not correct...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old June 7th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Okay I sent a message back to support on saturday, no word yet from them.
willuwontu is offline   #7 Reply With Quote