Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Soulkeeper

Old January 25th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Not sure where to ask this.

We currently play 4E, but were looking at Pathfinder as a "potential" flop from 4E. We really aren't looking to change game systems so much as mechanics.

As such, while we are looking to move, we don't want to lose characters, races and classes. My 4E players desire to keep their warforged, dragonmarked healer and defender. I'm not seeing that this is possible in the Hero Labs system, am I wrong?
Soulkeeper is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old January 25th, 2012, 08:55 AM
sounds to me like you're not really looking for Pathfinder, but d20. There is a lot of community created files that have a lot of the things you mentioned.
mirtos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old January 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulkeeper View Post
Not sure where to ask this.

We currently play 4E, but were looking at Pathfinder as a "potential" flop from 4E. We really aren't looking to change game systems so much as mechanics.

As such, while we are looking to move, we don't want to lose characters, races and classes. My 4E players desire to keep their warforged, dragonmarked healer and defender. I'm not seeing that this is possible in the Hero Labs system, am I wrong?
That being said, I dont know if all those are available in 3.5, mostly because i dont play 4E, so if there is any specific 4e stuff that probably wouldnt be in community supported files. And despite how great the files are (and i think they are awesome), since its not "official", we probably cant expect LoneWolf to support them if there are any mistakes. (That being said, I use them for my game).
mirtos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old January 25th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Ya, what I was hoping was someone in Pathfinder, had converted either the 3.5 or the 4e versions of Eberron into the new Pathfinder setting.

Not trying to knock on 3.5 too much, but Pathfinder (imo) really reworked it into a better version.

I grabbed the demo of HL but even after the Lawful_G import into d20, and selecting the Eberron Campaign Setting, I'm not really seeing Eberron in my options. No warforged, no dragonmarks, etc. I may be doing it wrong, or maybe the demo won't allow this.
Soulkeeper is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Prior to being hired onto the company, I focused most of my efforts on supporting Dragonlance, as that was the campaign setting I used. Thus the community files only have a few things included from Eberron, made by other users. The 3.5 Healer class is included (though it is a bit underpowered imo), there are also the various flavors of Draconian (roughly similar to Dragonborn). I don't think there are any warforged analogues, and I am not familiar with the defender class you mentioned.

My recommendation is to get the system you wanted, then program the stuff yourself. There is plenty of help available, through the tutorials in the included editor, a series of videos on youtube (by chiefweasel), and numerous posts on the forum. If you run into problems, post your question and the friendly folks like ShadowChemosh, myself, or Mathias will give you some pointers.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I think Mathias posted some guidance a long time ago for someone who was creating their own version of the Warforged race for Pathfinder or d20. IIRC it's possible to create in Hero Lab, but the Warforged race is complex - I'd post in our Pathfinder forum and ask if anyone has added them for Pathfinder and could give you some pointers.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Here's the thread Colen is remembering: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=warforged
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Here's the thread Colen is remembering: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=warforged
Correct and I have some of the Eberron races converted and available for Pathfinder. I have inputted Warforged, Shifter, and Changling. You can find it on Chiefweasel's site. Follow the link and the bottom left click on "Hero Lab". Then "Pathfinder" and download "Eberron Campaign" file. This is a .hl file so you simply double click it and it will start the import process into Hero Lab.

I have a version of the Dragonborn I posted before to the Pathfinder forums. You can find it HERE. It is pretty close to 4e I think and is based on THIS write up.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old January 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
OH geez, I totally missed that. I read a different post at some point and mistook it to mean I had the grab the 3.5 .hl file (Lawful_G_d20(v1.6) and that would pull in Eberron for all areas.

/facepalm

I'm good now, thank you all!
Soulkeeper is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old January 26th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Got home and loaded everything in to look at it, bear in mind I'm on the trial version (no save no print) but figured this was a great way to see if HL fit my needs.

It imported the Eberron file as indicated but gave me a big RED notice that CORE was required. I'm assuming by RED it was also telling me CORE was not present?

It still appeared to load but there were no warforged, shifter or anything else to be found when I created characters.

Am I DOA? Can I not preview without purchase in this specific case?
Soulkeeper is offline   #10 Reply With Quote