Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kunger00

Old June 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You're correct - there's an error in the HD - CR conversion (and embarrassingly, it's correct on the Skeleton Champion, but not for the Skeleton or Zombie templates, so I fixed it in one case a while ago and didn't carry that fix to the other cases).

This'll be fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
You're awesome as always!
kunger00 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
TheWhiteHand

Old June 7th, 2010, 08:24 AM
In the Pathfinder Bestiary it does not appear that the Giants have the correct weapon proficiencies. As humanoids they should all receive simple weapons. Did not look beyond giants where I came across this but probably all humanoids would have this issue.
TheWhiteHand is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
hazardjsimpson

Old June 7th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry if I double-posted , there are two 'bug' forums here and I'm new here.

In the equipment list when you view the rule / tooltip for Grappling Hook it shows the rules for 3.5E, targeting a DC against the Use Rope Skill. The entire tooltip is not correct for pathfinder.

3.5E -- DC Use Rope Check of 10 + 2 per 10' thrown.

Should be:

Throwing a grappling hook is a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet. Objects with ample places to attach a hook are AC 5.
hazardjsimpson is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
hazardjsimpson

Old June 7th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I covered this here pretty well: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...9583#post39583

But the Amulet of Mighty Fists doesn't function in HL at all the way that it should or does by the PF rules. The Amulet is listed as a flat +1 to +5 when it should be configurable as per the rules. I'm not familiar enough to know the ins and outs of Hero Lab, but is this something that can be added, or am I going to need to add a billion different versions of the Amulet depending on what enchant / enhancement combos are chosen?
hazardjsimpson is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
In the Pathfinder Bestiary it does not appear that the Giants have the correct weapon proficiencies. As humanoids they should all receive simple weapons. Did not look beyond giants where I came across this but probably all humanoids would have this issue.
Currently, none of the Types are assigning their weapon proficiencies. This'll be fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old June 8th, 2010, 12:03 AM
The effect in greater magic fang is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Lab
One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/three caster levels on attacks and damage rolls (maximum +5).
This does not correspond to the effect from the PRD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRD
This spell functions like magic fang, except that the enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls is +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5). This bonus does not allow a natural weapon or unarmed strike to bypass damage reduction aside from magic.

Alternatively, you may imbue all of the creature's natural weapons with a +1 enhancement bonus (regardless of your caster level).
I marked the differences in effect in bold.
evilash is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM
This isn't the only spell that's still using the SRD description text. Updating them all as a batch is something I hope to get to soon.
Mathias is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 8th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Guess I should report this here, but I think its more of the core HL program issue then the pathfinder DB. I created a new Armor Thing and a new Weapon Thing. I then accidentally bootstrapped the Armor Thing to the Weapon Thing and the Weapon Thing to the Armor Thing. I know dumb mistake, but it was late.

When I tried to select the Armor thing to add it to the hero the program hung and eventually I had to kill the program. Restarted HL with no issues and thought maybe it was a fluke so tried to add the armor again. Again HL hung and I had to kill the program.

Here is the bad part. When I restarted HL again it had lost my license and went back into a mode where it thought I didn't have any data bases downloaded. It wanted me to activate my license again which I thought would have been bad or start it in demo mode.

Luckily I was able to restore the whole HL folder from my nightly backup and everything was fine again, but losing the license is sort of bad....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM
(This is no longer the active bug reports thread, please use the bug reports thread stickied to the top of the forum)
Mathias is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Guess I should report this here, but I think its more of the core HL program issue then the pathfinder DB. I created a new Armor Thing and a new Weapon Thing. I then accidentally bootstrapped the Armor Thing to the Weapon Thing and the Weapon Thing to the Armor Thing. I know dumb mistake, but it was late.

When I tried to select the Armor thing to add it to the hero the program hung and eventually I had to kill the program. Restarted HL with no issues and thought maybe it was a fluke so tried to add the armor again. Again HL hung and I had to kill the program.

Here is the bad part. When I restarted HL again it had lost my license and went back into a mode where it thought I didn't have any data bases downloaded. It wanted me to activate my license again which I thought would have been bad or start it in demo mode.

Luckily I was able to restore the whole HL folder from my nightly backup and everything was fine again, but losing the license is sort of bad....
Firstly, if your license vanishes for some reason, you can just go the license menu and choose "Reactivate License" to get it back, including all of the packages you're authorized for. So don't worry about that.

Secondly, we're adding extra handling in v3.6b to detect "bootstrap loops" like the one you accidentally made - in 3.6b the compiler will give you an error if you have two things bootstrapping each other. So hopefully this won't be a problem in future.

Do you still have the files that caused the problem? If so, could you email them to me at colen@wolflair.com? If you still have them, I can test them to make sure that 3.6b catches the error properly and doesn't cause this problem.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #40 Reply With Quote