Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:57 PM
It would be nice to have better map support so that when we reveal a room we can show the walls as blank, rather than showing where the secret doors are shown on the revealed map.
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 24th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Can you not hide the secret door with the fog?
ruhar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old June 24th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Not really. It becomes quite apparent to the players when revealing a room a section of the wall is carefully left unseen.

+1 ti the idea of being able to have masks, or multiple layers of a map. Also, would like to see a square brush to remove the fog. the circular brush and the rectangle reveal tool are nice, but in complicated areas, square would help.
GThiel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hubrice

Old June 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It would be nice to have better map support so that when we reveal a room we can show the walls as blank, rather than showing where the secret doors are shown on the revealed map.
So you would have a solid wall on the map, then you could place a secret door icon on the wall, once it is found, to show that there is a passageway?

I could use something like that as well as many more icons/stamps/overlays.

As for the reveal mask, I would also like to be able to draw a polygon to reveal large, or complex areas.
Hubrice is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 24th, 2014, 09:03 AM
One option is to have two pictures, one with the wall in place and one with the secret door in place. I can easily do this in Photoshop but I understand not everyone has Photoshop. However, there is an equivalent program that is free called GIMPshop. You can find it at http://www.gimpshop.com/. It would be a bit cumbersome because you would need to duplicate the pins and fog to the second picture, but it's a work around.
ruhar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 24th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
One option is to have two pictures, one with the wall in place and one with the secret door in place. I can easily do this in Photoshop but I understand not everyone has Photoshop. However, there is an equivalent program that is free called GIMPshop. You can find it at http://www.gimpshop.com/. It would be a bit cumbersome because you would need to duplicate the pins and fog to the second picture, but it's a work around.
Yes it's a tedious work-around, thus I'm waiting for the proper solution :-)
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 25th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Yes it's a tedious work-around, thus I'm waiting for the proper solution :-)
I'm running into this as well, but I think I have a solution locked down for my own use.

Load map into RW.
Put pins linked to their rooms for my own navigation.
Use a map that has ZERO secret rooms indicators (examples would be the map packs for Mummy's Mask, where there's a GM version and a Player version). Worst case, you can find one online usually via google search, or spend some time in paint and clear out the big S on the map or paint over the door with a wall via copy/paste.
Put a GM only pin on the map (all mine are not revealed, so that's easy) that says SECRET ROOM or TRAP or whatever in the description for that room (so you see it links to B9, but the description says in all caps "SECRET ROOM").

That way, you're much better off. It's not RW that's throwing us, it's our map sources.
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 25th, 2014, 08:11 AM
+1 for implementing a variety of pin icons. I'm more interested in different color round, square and alphanumeric but secret door S's and trap X's would be good too.

I'd also like pins that can always show their description text. And pins that show description text without showing the pins.

I can't recall if we can make pins maintain size relative to the map but that would be essential for overlays like secret doors or to obscure existing map content.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I'd also like pins that can always show their description text. And pins that show description text without showing the pins.
This is what I need. I have a large house with dozen's of pins but no "quick/easy" way to see what the pin is at a glance. I have to hover over the pin and then it will give a tool tip with info. But I really need to see that small bit of text always at a glance while running the game.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 26th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
+1 for implementing a variety of pin icons. I'm more interested in different color round, square and alphanumeric but secret door S's and trap X's would be good too.

I can't recall if we can make pins maintain size relative to the map but that would be essential for overlays like secret doors or to obscure existing map content.
Okay, could totally get behind this.

Instead of 50 pins, and hover, there could be 50 pins with A1-A50 right over their head.

THAT would be awesome.
Pollution is offline   #10 Reply With Quote