Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
Note the escaped characters in the Mac file: "chains& #151;writhing" instead of "chains-writhing", and "ghost& #146;s body" instead of "ghost's body". (I had to put a space after the ampersand to prevent these forums from parsing the characters out, but when I look at them in TextEdit on the Mac, I see them without the space.)

Eliminating the escaped characters allows the file to be compiled successfully.
Great find egg_green. It will be a little while before I can test this on Windows but if the changes don't cause any issues on the windows side I can put the fix into the data set.

If need to I can create a RegEx script to run across all the .user files to fix the issue. Will let you know what I find.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #221
Dwhelm

Old February 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates July 8, 2011

New PFRPG_Adjustments.user 7/8/2011. by ShadowChemosh. New adjustments file that holds many useful adjustments for both players and DMs. This is in the zMisc folder. This .user file adds all the following with the latest updates in blue.
  • You can now add any of the following natural attacks to any creature/race/character. Once added you can easily adjust what the name of the natural attack is and you can up or down the die size. The natural weapons added are: Bite, Claw, Gore, Slam, Sting, Tail Slap, Talons, and Wing.
  • The Grab special attack is added as an adjustment now. Once added the Grab racial ability will display on the character. You then select the attack this is associated to and the wording " (plus grab)" shows next to the natural attack to remind you.
  • Poison Attacks added. You select the type of poison ie (Natural Weapon: Poison, CON) would add a CON damaging poison. Then you select the natural weapon the poison is associated to so that the wording " (plus CON poison)" displays next to the natural attack. Then use the counter to set the die size (ie 1d4, 1d6), the (source) section lets you set the number of additional saves required. Finally the duration section lets you set the number of rounds the poison lasts for with 1 round as the default.
  • Saving Throw for each specific bonus type (ie Alchemical, Circumstance, Enhancement, Insight, Luck, Morale, Profane, Resistance, Sacred and Trait). These will NOT stack with a similar type of bonus. I needed this for my own games so my players could do quick adjusts by bonus type.
  • Armor Class adjustments for the following: Armor, Deflection, Dodge, Natural, Shield, and Touch.
  • Damage Reduction adjustment that lets you either remove DR, change DR to a different type (ie from Slashing to Evil) or adjust the DR value to what ever you wish. You can also use this adjustment to REMOVE the DR of a creature. The Damage Reductions included are: -, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Evil, Good, Magic, Piercing, Silver, and Slashing.
  • Weapon CMB/CMD adjustments. These adjustments let you add additional information to your weapons. For example lets say you have a weapon that gives a +2 CMB when doing trip. You would select the "Weapon Trip: CMB" adjustment, select your weapon, and set the counter to +2. The wording of "Trip-CMB+" will appear next to your weapon with your current Trip CMB value including the +2 from the adjustment. So if your character currently has a +10 to trip it would read "Trip-CMB+12" next to your weapon. The adjustments are the following: Weapon Trip: CMB, Weapon Trip: CMD, Weapon Disarm: CMB, Weapon Disarm: CMD, Weapon Sunder: CMB, Weapon Sunder: CMD, Weapon: CMB, Weapon: CMD.
  • Weapon elemental damage. These adjustments let you add the wording of +1d6 next to a weapon. The ones included are for: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic.
  • Weapon Crit Multiplier - Lets you set the critical multiplier of a weapon from x2 to x4.
  • Weapon Crit Range - Lets you set the critical threat range of a weapon from 10 to 20. You use the counter to set the range so a counter value of 1 would give the weapon a 19-20 crit range. A value of 2 gives it a 18-20 crit range and so on.
Download at d20pfsrd in the zMisc folder at the very bottom.
Ok so I have added the data set copied into the right directory and have turned it on through the configure hero. But I don't see how to add the elemental damage to a weapon as far as damage display. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. My Intelligence knows no bounds. If I just learn how to read.

Last edited by Dwhelm; February 15th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
Dwhelm is offline   #222
Baraccus

Old February 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Not sure what happened, but as soon as I downloaded and installed "CouncilofThievesv0.8(2011.11.16).hl" I ended up with the following appearing every time I load Hero Lab now. How do I fix this?

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'rachilltch' does not exist.
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raspellsen' does not exist.
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raLSDeathr' does not exist.
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raspellech' does not exist.

As I have never gone into the editor to do any work with it, I am unsure how to proceed with this.
Baraccus is offline   #223
ShadowChemosh

Old February 26th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraccus View Post
Not sure what happened, but as soon as I downloaded and installed "CouncilofThievesv0.8(2011.11.16).hl" I ended up with the following appearing every time I load Hero Lab now. How do I fix this?

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'rachilltch' does not exist.
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raspellsen' does not exist.
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raLSDeathr' does not exist.
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raspellech' does not exist.

As I have never gone into the editor to do any work with it, I am unsure how to proceed with this.
Looks like you don't have Bestiary 1 or maybe 2. So a custom monster is bootstrapping a racial ability that comes from those official data packages.

Without the Official packages it's not going to load I am sorry to say. Which if you do pick those up you may wish to check out The Community Bestiay as it has the latest updates.

Note: To remove start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third-Party Updates..."

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #224
Baraccus

Old February 26th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I have purchased every package Hero Lab has put out thus far. Including Bestiary 1, 2, & 3
Baraccus is offline   #225
bodrin

Old February 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
I have purchased every package Hero Lab has put out thus far. Including Bestiary 1, 2, & 3
Looks like its my Lich Shade from Tome of horrors that's missing some specials!

The unique id rTHLichSha indicates this. I'll have a look and see if anything else is bootstrapping to it, I think there's 2 versions of the Lich Shade entered by separate people in the community files!

Edit: New unique ids for Tome of Horrors complete Lich Shade corrects errors reported by Baraccus.

Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'rachilltch' does not exist. Is now raCTChilTo
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raspellsen' does not exist. Is now raCTSpeSen
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raLSDeathr' does not exist. Is now raCTDeaThr
Thing 'rTHLichSha' - Bootstrap thing 'raspellech' does not exist. Is now raCTSpelLe

reload portfolio and select Lich Shade from the race selection there are 2 versions of the creature. The version with the long description that states appears in Council of thieves and Tome of horrors is the one that had missing bootstraps, but not any more

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Last edited by bodrin; February 27th, 2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Clarification of uniques ID's
bodrin is offline   #226
ShadowChemosh

Old February 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Sorry was assuming. Are you getting this error when loading a .por or when loading pathfinder?

Either way I recommend you load up the Community Bestiary instead as it has the latest fixes and chapters for CoT AP.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #227
Baraccus

Old February 27th, 2012, 10:13 PM
It pops up when loading Pathfinder. No worries though. I just removed the update from the third party list and the errors are gone. I was hoping when I first downloaded it that all of the AP were done, but alas not. My group is in book 6 so the first 4 are no good to me now. It would sure be nice to see the Kingmaker AP completed though. Starting that in a few weeks.
Baraccus is offline   #228
ShadowChemosh

Old February 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
My group is in book 6 so the first 4 are no good to me now. It would sure be nice to see the Kingmaker AP completed though. Starting that in a few weeks.
The CB is up to chapter 5 and I know bodrin is working on 6 but its most likely that you will be nearly done with 6 before we get it released.

Kingmaker is coming in the next update complements of frumple. He has a the first few chapters done I think. I am the hold up as I have not had time to merge it into the data set yet. But its coming. Really.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #229
Baraccus

Old March 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Now that would be awesome!!
Baraccus is offline   #230
Closed Thread