Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ambrus

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:03 AM
Sorry for all the questions; I'm still a clueless newbie.

I'd like to modify the 'Undead Appearance' evolution to adapt it for the Plant type instead. I can't seem to find evolutions in the HL Editor. Is this possible yet? Thanks.
Ambrus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 25th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Evolutions are Racial Custom abilities, which is part of the Race group of tabs.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ambrus

Old April 26th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Found it thanks. For some reason however, I can't copy the Undead Appearance evolution to make the necessary changes. I get an error message saying that I won't be able to save my changed version. It's not a big deal; I simply jotted down the necessary information and created/saved an altogether new evolution instead. Just wondering why I couldn't duplicate and save an alternate evolution.

Incidentally, is it possible to assign a proper name for my eidolon?

Last edited by Ambrus; April 26th, 2014 at 03:48 AM.
Ambrus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 26th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrus View Post
Found it thanks. For some reason however, I can't copy the Undead Appearance evolution to make the necessary changes. I get an error message saying that I won't be able to save my changed version. It's not a big deal; I simply jotted down the necessary information and created/saved an altogether new evolution instead. Just wondering why I couldn't duplicate and save an alternate evolution.
Because it came from a secondary license outside the core. What you did is the correct way to copy/paste the values over to a new Thing.

The reason is so that its not easy to re-create say the Bestiary 1 package and give it away to others for free. So for those that want to make a few changes to the occasional Feat, Spell or Thing its easy to copy/paste the one thing. But be really hard to do this for a whole package.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ambrus

Old April 26th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Ah. I can understand the reasoning behind that; though it's quite a hassle to copy & paste each of the components into the right spots if you're new to it like me. *shrug*

So how about naming an eidolon? Did I miss it someplace?
Ambrus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM
The Eidolon is a seperate character in the portfolio, you name it as any other character, by typing in the name field in the top right of HL.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote