Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dedicemancometh

Old September 11th, 2010, 07:27 PM
...I think I've missed a step somewhere because, even though the Lone Wolf store says the Bestiary and Advanced Players Guides are bought (check marks next to them)...when HL boots up and shows a tree of check box options, I am unable to check Bestiary (it is greyed out).

How to get HL to recognize the add-on? Or...how do I make sure the add-on is "activated" (or whatever term it is) and usable inside HL?
dedicemancometh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 11th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Go to License->Re-activate License.... After you go through the little wizard and restart HL you will be able to use the new stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dedicemancometh

Old September 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Go to License->Re-activate License.... After you go through the little wizard and restart HL you will be able to use the new stuff.
Many thanks. Sorry for the absurdly simple question, but I'm trying to climb several learning curves at once (PF rules, D20pro, Hero Labs, plus a side-helping of TCP/IP knowledge, port-forwarding, etc.; at 50 years old, with one family and two jobs [or was that the other way around?], it's a challenge to get back into the hobby.)

I likez the interwebz, however. This is not your grandfather's BBS.
dedicemancometh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
No problem at all. The community here is very helpful so feel free to ask when you need help. That is ALLOT of new stuff to learn all at once but that is what keeps us young.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Digi

Old September 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM
i have same problem. my e-mail receipt stated it might take 12 hours to get the email about the purchase. that kind of bent me a tad... well, after putzing around all day waiting for it to show up (and half a dozen attempts or more at 'simply re-activating the license' i get back on the pc and try one more time. (no joy .. again..) then go to email to see if anything happened to bubble through. (it didnt) then off to spam filter.. nope.

so 15 hours later after dropping $50 for HL for pathfinder and the add-on for APG etc, i am here wondering why i dropped $50 and wasted the whole day to 'save time' on my character for this weekend's session.

fyi: the HL and pathfinder purchase went through. i can make a half-options character and print it. the online store shows i own the add-on pack for the APG etc and has a confirmation number on it. my e-mail has a receipt for both purchases in it. my bank shows that the payment has happened.

my software says i cant use it. and tech support says 2-3 days. :-(
Digi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 1st, 2010, 06:38 AM
This certainly isnt the standard. Did you maybe input the incorrect email address? Are you getting a specific error?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:04 PM
There is no additional email sent beyond the receipt email. According to the section of the receipt email entitled "Add-on Component Purchases", all you need to do is re-activate the license and then the content will be available. Since you've done that, your should have access. You can confirm whether the content is accessible by going to the License menu and selecting View License Information. Is it listed there?

Most likely, what's occurred is that you made changes to the Configure Hero form and saved them as the default. This results in the new content you purchased being disabled by default. All you need to do is go into the Configure Hero form and enable the new sources that you purchased for your character. It's not a matter of the content being unavailable, but that the content is simply disabled for your character.

Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion....
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Digi

Old October 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
deleted... seems that the APG is not part of the bundle, confusing as it is between the bundle and the items of the bundle.

Last edited by Digi; October 1st, 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: found problem and my comments were out of line.
Digi is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Digi

Old October 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
see above

Last edited by Digi; October 1st, 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: same as above post.
Digi is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM
You've tried lots of things, but did you do the thing I suggested in my post above? Namely, did you go to the License menu within Hero Lab and select "View License Information"? What does it show there?

Everything is correct on our server. Based on the symptoms you're describing, it sounds like the license reactivation process may be failing for some bizarre reason. But I honestly can't make that determination until you provide the answer to the above question. I need to know what content your copy of Hero Lab thinks it has access to, which is displayed by the above option.

There's one other thing to try. Please go to the Tools menu, then the Diagnostics submenu, and select Check Internet Connection. Are any error diagnostics reported? If there is an issue with the license reactivation logic, this info will help diagnose what's interfering with it on your computer.

FYI, you can re-install your license on the same computer a hundred times and it will continue to work fine. The only things that would cause it to fail are things that change the "identity" of your computer, which are pretty major changes. For example, upgrading the operating system would do it.

These forums are only monitored sporadically by the various developers. The standard support queue is generally monitored daily during the week, but not always. However, the queue is monitored infrequently over the weekend, hence the "2-3 day" response timeframe promise. Usually it's a lot faster than that. You happened to get lucky that I was watching the forums this afternoon and jumped in with this issue.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote