Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

warbyrd13

Old September 30th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Ok I am making a 2 wpn fighter for pathfinder. I am asking for some help in converting the Tempest PRC to pathfinder.

I am also asking if someone could explain to me how I would add some feats over from 3.5

The feats I am looking at are:

Oversized 2 wpn fighting
Improved 2 wpn Def
Greater 2 Wpn Def

How would I code these feats.

I am a huge fan of 2 wpn builds and these feats combined with the tempest PRC makes a very intersting build.

Thanks to everyone for the help on this matter.
warbyrd13 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Remember that not everyone owns every book you do (you don't even say which book to look in), or remembers the text of every feat off the top of their head. Please tell us what those feats do.

Also, I recommend using the search function for this forum and for the d20 forum (it's at the top right) - I think I remember seeing questions about these before.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
warbyrd13

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM
How would you code in these 2 weapons

Elven Thin blade
Elven court blade

These weapons are elf racial weapons found in the Complete Warrior book. Have to look at the book again to put up the stats n cost.
warbyrd13 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
warbyrd13

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Right now I am at a friends house an I will edit my post with all the info. Give me about 2 hours and I will be back at my place n look up all the info for the feats, PRC and weapons.

Have to wait till my friend is ready to follow me to my place since I was released from the hospital my friends have been watching over me until the VA Docs fix me. So since I am off of work n such I thought would get some coding advice an add some stuff to pathfinder.

But thank you for your reply n I will have that info in a few hours.
warbyrd13 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 30th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbyrd13 View Post
How would you code in these 2 weapons

Elven Thin blade
Elven court blade

These weapons are elf racial weapons found in the Complete Warrior book. Have to look at the book again to put up the stats n cost.
These would be pretty easy as you can enter them through the Editor(tools->Launch Editor...) with really no scripting just mouse clicks. Go to the editor's File->New. Then you get a whole bunch of TABs for things like feats, spells, but in your case you want Weapons. In the bottom left corner is a blue button called New(Blank). Press that to be able to enter a fresh new weapon.

In the top right corner area is a little text box labeled Unique ID that will have w? by default. Change that to something like wElvThin for the Elven Thin Blade. Then just start filling out all the info you need below that including giving it a name, desc, and then all the weapon stats.

When done do a SAVE in bottom left corner. Give your new .user file a name like Elven Weapons.user. Then click on Test Now! in the Top Left corner to compile your new weapon and make it available from within Hero Lab.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Elven Thin blade, Oversized 2 wpn fighting, Improved 2 wpn Def, Greater 2 Wpn Def, scripts are located in the complete warrior user file D20 system on the cheeseweasel website.

If the elven courtblade isn't then it'll be a simple matter of copying the thinblade script and changing the name plus Id.
bodrin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
warbyrd13

Old October 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Ok I found and downloaded the files. When I add the files to hero labs pathfinder data folder Hero labs gives me the error report of the feats and weapons file.

So how would I fix these errors?
warbyrd13 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 1st, 2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbyrd13 View Post
Ok I found and downloaded the files. When I add the files to hero labs pathfinder data folder Hero labs gives me the error report of the feats and weapons file.

So how would I fix these errors?
d20 and Pathfinder data sets are most of the time NOT directly compatible. You can't just drop them into each others data folders and expect them to work.

In this case bodrin was saying to use the d20 version as a starting point, but you will need to re-enter the data from scratch for pathfinder making any necessary conversions between the two data sets.

Personally for something like weapons I think it would be WAY easier to just follow the directions I gave up top as weapons require no scripts just mouse clicks.

The feats are different as they will require scripting, but again its more than likely not going to be a direct drop into pathfinder to get it to work. Plus there are lots of new scripting features in pathfinder to make many operations easier actually.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote