Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old July 9th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I'm running a game using Gestalt rules. The easiest way I've been able to come up with to use HeroLab to facilitate this is to make new classes for my players, combining the two classes they wish to use for their Gestalt.

This has gone without a hitch so far - I've made a Bard/Rogue combination that works well AFAIK.

However, I've run into a snag with the second class I'm creating - Ranger/Sorcerer. The problem is with the Custom Abilities. Each class gets a Custom, and the Ranger gets a Secondary Custom as well. I made the Sorcerer Bloodline the Custom for my new class, and the Ranger's Fighting Style the Secondary. So far so good. I set each one to allow selection from the appropriate class to make them show up when I try to select them for my new class, and it works flawlessly.

Then I set the Tertiary Custom to Hunter's Bond. I also set the 'Allowed' to Ranger for that one. But when I leveled the character up to the point he chooses a Hunter's Bond, I still get the 'Nothing to Choose From' error.

My first thought was that the Hunter's Bond is somehow defined as a Custom so can't be assigned to the Tertiary Custom. So I went looking for the Hunter's Bond with the thought of investigating, but I can't find it! It doesn't show up when I do a 'Copy' in the Custom Abilities tab, and in the 'Class Specials' tab the only thing that appears when I try to 'Copy' is the 'Shadow Hunter Hunter's Bond' from Wayfinder #1.

Any ideas?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Hunters Bond link to Custom Abilities and by their location(primary, secondary or tertiary). So if you look at Animal Companion under Custom Ability, you can do a New(Copy) on it to view it, you see that the "Secondary or Tertiary Custom" is listed as -None-.

What you will need to do is make a new Animal Companion with a unique id of say cGstComp that is changed to be allowed as a Tertiary Custom ability. Then it will begin to appear in your list when you select it. Do this for each of the Hunter Bond abilities(think their is only two).

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 12th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; July 12th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote