Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Corwyn

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone... so, I think I might not be able to do what I want, but it's coming through with no errors, it's just not showing what I want it to.

basically, I had to make a new template (worked no problem) for a PC, and then since he got a few other 'goodies', I thought I'd throw them into the template to kill multiple birds with one stone. The two items... Immune to all Disease and an Animal Companion (like a ranger/etc).

for all three, I put it in under class special abilities cOralmmDis (Immune to Disease - gain at 1, and cHunAnimCo (animal companion - gain at level 1) and lastly cAnimLink (Animal Companion Link - gain at level 1). On all three I put in the tag after it - Group Id: ClSpecWhen Tag Id: 1
so, that all passed, and I made the animal companion no problem.... but the Immune to Disease is not showing up in the specials list. I also put in the Army Abilities Granted - Animal Companion (aaAnimComp), but didn't know if I need to put in a tag/condition/ or field.

Oh, and one other thing... when I made his animal companion, it's based off a raccoon with wings (so I did a copy of the raccoon and just added the few things I need to, no problem)... HOWEVER, there is one other thing that the companion has, that I don't even know where to start to put it in. It can store up to 3 spell levels, and even cast them, if asked to (or the PC can cast them)... any help with that?

Thanks I know this is a long one,
Corwyn / aka Shannon
Corwyn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Based on the email you sent me this is all for Pathfinder. Its always better to post in the correct Game system forum as LOTS of answers depend on the game system.

Aaron/Mathias can you move this to Pathfinder.

For Immune to Disease you would be better off to bootstrap the ability xImmDis (I think that is the ID). You want the one that starts with "X" as those are the universal abilities. You added one specific to the oracle class its very possible its looking specifically for Oracle levels to display.

For your "It can store up to 3 spell levels" on the AC I would honestly just make a Generic Tracker that can store up to 3 uses and let the player use that. That would be the easy way to handle it.

Otherwise you maybe able to get a template to give Racial Spell casting to the AC.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Corwyn

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Thanks Shadow, and sorry I put it in the wrong one. I was just thinking Hero Lab, not system (which was dumb on my part). Sorry.

So, by switch it to the X one (and yes, that's the correct tag), ah... and now it shows up under the special's tab. ty again.

How about the animal companion, so the PC can select it? it's not showing up under mounts/hirelings (I might have set it up as a pet/familiar, going to switch it to a mount I guess and see if it shows up?)
== changed the type from magical beast to animal and it didn't change it. It was made under the Race, Animal Companion tab, should I make it under the race one? but then it won't go up like an animal companion...

Thanks,
Corwyn

Last edited by Corwyn; May 26th, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
Corwyn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwyn View Post
How about the animal companion, so the PC can select it? it's not showing up under mounts/hirelings (I might have set it up as a pet/familiar, going to switch it to a mount I guess and see if it shows up?)
== changed the type from magical beast to animal and it didn't change it. It was made under the Race, Animal Companion tab, should I make it under the race one? but then it won't go up like an animal companion...
I feel like I want to say "take a breath".

Is this a Animal Companion or a Mount/Hireling? Those are two very different things in HL and Pathfinder. A hireling or mount is like a Horse you buy at the store. It just a normal animal and will not go up in levels as the PC advances.

A animal companion will upgrade and level as the PC levels based on the normal Druid rules.

Based on your first post it sound like you wanted an Animal Companion and that it was working? Is that not the case? If its not working then I recommend adding AC logic using an Archetype instead of a Template as the Archetype has the ability to of adding an AC built in. Remember an Archetype can just add features it does not need to take away class abilities. In addition I am pretty sure you can just bootstrap the archetype to the Template to get it to auto apply itself not require the gamer to select two different Things.

To also allow the selection by a Warpriest, I think you said, You would need to setup that up on the Race, Animal Companion tab. I do remember the button but it should be the "CompList.?" tag with the ? replaced with the cHelpXXX unique ID of the Warpriest class.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Corwyn

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:11 AM
BREATH DEEPLY. ok bud.

Yes, I want it to go up as an Animal Companion, and I made it in it's on user file (not the same one as the template). I made it under the Race, Animal Companion tab. So, I should just make an archtype and link it to the tag I gave to the winged raccoon?
Corwyn
Corwyn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Quote:
BREATH DEEPLY. ok bud.

Quote:
So, I should just make an archtype and link it to the tag I gave to the winged raccoon?
That should be the easiest way to do this. Please note I am not near HL so I can't tell you the exact buttons to press. But I recall most if it was pretty clear on the Archetype.

Your final step is the opposite. The Racoon AC gets the tag to link to the Class. Or as far as I remember. Been years sense I did anything with ACs so I can't be more exact. Sorry....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote