Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Unseelie

Old March 19th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Can we get this thread stickied? I couldn't find it when I made that last post.
Unseelie is offline   #271
Ozymandias

Old March 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
G'day

I was wondering if there were any plans to add the 'Underwater' condition to Pathfinder Hero Lab? This would be handy for playing Skull and Shackles

cheers
Ozymandias
Ozymandias is offline   #272
ValaraukarU

Old March 28th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
IS there anyway to print a "spell list" for people who dont have spellbooks? Like clerics. As I add more sources, it would be nice to have a printout of just my spell lists...

But only spells i have access to (in other words, if im a 5th level cleric, it should show me spells of level: 0,1,2,3

Even if it uses a lot of paper.

If this doesnt exist, ill add it to requested features.
In hero lab when you print you can print spell lists, however it prints the summary and not just a list. I was disappointed when HL made the switch from list to summary. In hero lab when printing select Spells-Summary to get it.

I think someone else created a custom output that was closer to the old spell list. I know Shadow's custom spellsheet isn't bad for this, but even that has the full text.
ValaraukarU is offline   #273
frumple

Old March 28th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Can we get an option when creating an adjustment to change the rate of its display. For example, instead of displaying 1,2,3,4,... have a multiplier so that it can display another rate (for example if the multiplier is 5 the adjustment would display 5,10,15,20,...)
frumple is offline   #274
Aaron

Old March 29th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie View Post
Can we get this thread stickied? I couldn't find it when I made that last post.
We've already got so many stickied threads in the PF forum, I'm afraid it might take up the whole first page soon!
Aaron is offline   #275
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
We've already got so many stickied threads in the PF forum, I'm afraid it might take up the whole first page soon!
True dat.

Maybe time to remove some maybe?

I mean "Spell and Conferred Ability Adjustments" is really outdated and so is "Hero Lab Support Plans for Pathfinder RPG" has really outdated information.

Bug reporting for Frog God Games files is also in the FAQ thread so back and forth if its needed or not. It is sort of nice...

One other thing is merge together the "Editor and Scripting Resources" and FAQ into one thread and that would remove another one also.

Just random thoughts....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #276
Angela2013

Old March 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
This would just be a minor change but a helpful one. On the Damage/Current HP box it would be useful if there could be a line either from one corner to another or from one side to the other cutting the box in half. Then one side could be used for HP damage and the other for subdual damage.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #277
gcpeart

Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
I was effectively creating HL feature requests over in Paizo's forums and decided to drag the conversation here instead.

So for Pathfinder Society HL's management of chronicles is a little bit clunky, well lets face it, as organized play goes the Chronicles themselves are a little bit clunky, but I understand and appreciate their use.

So as a starting point, I would like to see some changes to that Journal Tab, or perhaps a replacement of it for PFS. Here are some of the things I would like to see, I more then realize the scope and ambition of the later ones is huge and may not manifest as value for the effort for Lone Wolf:
1) A Single Entry for each module including Prestige, XP and Gold, Scenario Name/(with season and scenario number,) Tier it was played at.
2) A tabular view instead the blocks, so it is easier to see at a glance.
3) Inventory Management tools so purchases/sales of equipment is associated with a chronicle.
4) A printable log of the journal that is tabular with the items listed. Effectively I should be able to map each chronicle journal entry to a physical sheet of paper, and be able to copy (by hand) the buy / sell info into the chronicle paper.
5) Automagic chronicles with boons/item lists populated so the rules can be used, (and one time use items consumed and noted in chronicle log)

For me #1 and my effective use of the notes section, with those notes showing up in an improved journal print out would be great! The rest are just things I would really like to see.
gcpeart is offline   #278
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpeart View Post
1) A Single Entry for each module including Prestige, XP and Gold, Scenario Name/(with season and scenario number,) Tier it was played at.
2) A tabular view instead the blocks, so it is easier to see at a glance.
3) Inventory Management tools so purchases/sales of equipment is associated with a chronicle.
4) A printable log of the journal that is tabular with the items listed. Effectively I should be able to map each chronicle journal entry to a physical sheet of paper, and be able to copy (by hand) the buy / sell info into the chronicle paper.
5) Automagic chronicles with boons/item lists populated so the rules can be used, (and one time use items consumed and noted in chronicle log).
I'm a player and I've used HL for PFS characters since season 0, so I have some input on this request and I have some questions.

1) They used to be one entry with faction, gold, and xp all in one journal. These were split and I'm not entirely sure why at the time or now. But I just make two entries now for each PFS sheet. I don't see why you need to keep track of the name/scenario number? I put that in the title of the journal entry. I also use the notes (which are printed) to contain complete info such as tier played, gold awarded changes (1034+450-100 would be 1034 previous gold, sheet added 450 and I spent 100 on something)

2) So instead of up/down scrolling, you would rather left-right scrolling tabs?

3) I also put unique magic items available on the sheet in my notes for each journal, so I know where I can buy the item. If I buy the last available, I change the note.

4) I have this now, or I believe I have what you are asking. The notes I put on the journal entries can be printed when I print my character. I use PDF's of these notes in my character sheet on an iPad to play.

5) Now this is a solid awesome idea. But frankly it isn't something they would likely want to implement, as it is a lot of work. This is something we as users are better equipped to do. I'd be willing to implement all the exist unique items if someone can give me a list. I've implemented all the ones from sheet's my 6 characters have played. I haven't implemented the 11 charge wands (I just buy for the sheet price and reduce the charges to the amount specified.)
risner is offline   #279
gcpeart

Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
1/2. So tabular means a table, not with tabs, I'd like a more compact entry, with headers at the top and one row per chronicle. It could be as simple as a column for name ( which should be free form text) gold, prestige, do and a button to access notes.

3. The notion of journaling money expenditures speaks to the expectation of transparency on chronicle sheets, I agree that one could manual do it through the notes, but it is clunky.

4.i don't like the format of the journal print today, at a minimum the same notion of a table with one row per session is what I would like.

I have felt for a while tracking XP and Gold in the journal has always felt shoe horned into its purpose, as if the journal is intended more for role play diary for a hero, and not the heroes accounting.

5. Totally agree, but I was asking for features, and that would be a nice one. I would imaging that any business case for that feature would have to come from their partnership with Paizo over getting the best support for Pathfinder out of Herolab. Perhaps if PFS wants to support the Paizo VTT with Herolab as the preferred tool for character input into the VTT.
gcpeart is offline   #280
Closed Thread