Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

graywulfe

Old January 20th, 2011, 06:43 AM
In one of my campaigns I made a house rule that granted the PC's the ability to add two skills to the class skill list from the following list: Knowledge(specific), Craft(specific), Profession(specific), and Perform(specific). They could double-up, ie two knowledges, but they had to be from the above list. They were also given two extra skill points that must be spent in those same categories.

I found a work-around in the adjustments section, however I was wondering if there were a way to make a house-rule in the system that would enable the above without resorting to adjustments. Any ideas?

Graywulfe
graywulfe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 20th, 2011, 07:40 AM
You might be able to create a feat, then use a adjustment to add a feat. Either way, though, you'll need an adjustment. Unless you want to try creating a new class or race that adds this feature.

Edit: You could use an Alternate Racial Trait. I believe you can set it so that it does not remove other racial bonuses. You'd also have to mark several races that its available to so that everyone has it.

Last edited by Sendric; January 20th, 2011 at 07:49 AM.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
A trait maybe the best way to go. Plus their are many traits that are VERY close to doing exactly what you want. Well not the bonus two skill points but that should be pretty easy but many Traits in HL already are made to select from a list of skills and make that skill a Class Skill.

Then if you use traits just give your players an extra one or if you don't just let them take one trait and it has to be your new House Rule campaign trait.

The other thing I started doing lately for my players was making a Campaign Character portfolio for my players. Its a character I create and set all the stuff (ie which books allowed, starting gold, starting level, xp advancement) and then my players all start from that which acts as a template. As I found it was too hard to get across all the different settings in Configure your Hero or to put in a special adjustment without at least one or more forgetting.

Just another idea. If you use any custom .user files you have to send those along with the portfolio template also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2011, 08:56 AM
You could also create a Mechanic in the editor that bootstrappped 2 copies of the "Make Class Skill" adjustment (which your players would then choose the skills for), and had a script that added a fixed +2 skill points.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote