Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Dark Lord Galen

Old August 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Since you are working on this, may I suggest listing any DR, Energy Resistance, Fast Healing and Regeneration on the In Play tab, underneath HPs, so players (and GMs) don't forget them when entering damage? Thanks!
+1 to this
DR, rapid metabolism, and many other effects often get over looked.
Though the last might be difficult to actually pull off from a program mechanic....
Ie, spell effects, potions, etc
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #41
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 17th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Since you are working on this, may I suggest listing any DR, Energy Resistance, Fast Healing and Regeneration on the In Play tab, underneath HPs, so players (and GMs) don't forget them when entering damage? Thanks!
Hmm interesting idea. Let me take look. No promises as I may need to add another feature before this would work right. So it may not get into this release.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #42
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:18 AM
The only suggestion I would have here is that many of these do not take up much space and only use half the available space. Any way to make these into two columns (like conditions, for example)?
Kendall-DM is offline   #43
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
If possible, since you appear to be able to make some UI changes, a couple I would like to see from the initial tab for the character.

BAB (not just attack bonus with size mods).
Size
Reach

These are all fields in the Race, but are never displayed in the UI.
Kendall-DM is offline   #44
ShadowChemosh

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
The only suggestion I would have here is that many of these do not take up much space and only use half the available space. Any way to make these into two columns (like conditions, for example)?
Based on stuff I have seen in Pathfinder I am reluctant because the names can hold calculated values (ie they can get long). When the value/string gets too long the UI will shrink the font size which I hate. And as I wanted to script out more of the class/race specials I am thinking more room is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
If possible, since you appear to be able to make some UI changes, a couple I would like to see from the initial tab for the character.

BAB (not just attack bonus with size mods).
Size
Reach

These are all fields in the Race, but are never displayed in the UI.
Wait really? I never noticed that actually but I am use to Pathfinder that has those values shown. I will add this to the to-do list as your right that is important and useful info.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #45
mirtos

Old August 19th, 2014, 04:11 PM
This is a littlebit off topic right now, but One thing I would love, but I don't know if you can do this, as I've seen the same problem in mutants and mastermind, in the weapon customizer, not the editor, if the description of something is too long, it appears over the 'x' to remove it, and sometimes abilities appear side by side, especially in intelligent items. It makes, on the Mac version, the X not clickable. Now you can sometimes, right click to deal with it, but not always. It would be nice if the X had a z index higher than the text, so the ability to remove would be always there.
mirtos is offline   #46
ShadowChemosh

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
This is a littlebit off topic right now, but One thing I would love, but I don't know if you can do this, as I've seen the same problem in mutants and mastermind, in the weapon customizer, not the editor, if the description of something is too long, it appears over the 'x' to remove it, and sometimes abilities appear side by side, especially in intelligent items. It makes, on the Mac version, the X not clickable. Now you can sometimes, right click to deal with it, but not always. It would be nice if the X had a z index higher than the text, so the ability to remove would be always there.
I will add a note about this issue on the to-do list. As you say you seen it in other systems it could be a "HL" thing not a game system issue. I would need to most likely double check with Colen on it.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #47
mirtos

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I will add a note about this issue on the to-do list. As you say you seen it in other systems it could be a "HL" thing not a game system issue. I would need to most likely double check with Colen on it.
Cool. thanks.

The way Pathfinder does it is much smarter. I think it orders the things so that its less likely to happen. Best way to do is look at intelligent items in Pathfinder and intelligent items in d20.
mirtos is offline   #48
Sendric

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:25 AM
Here's another thing that would be nice since you clearly don't have enough to do right now. The Pathfinder editor allows users to select whether or not a magical item is an artifact. This ability would be nice to have in d20 as well. Personally, I would prefer to have it as its own category, but that may just be me.
Sendric is offline   #49
ShadowChemosh

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Here's another thing that would be nice since you clearly don't have enough to do right now. The Pathfinder editor allows users to select whether or not a magical item is an artifact. This ability would be nice to have in d20 as well. Personally, I would prefer to have it as its own category, but that may just be me.
Added to the "to-do" list.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #50
Closed Thread