Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JWMK

Old October 27th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Hello,

This is my first time I am trying to add a customer attribute to anything in Hero Lab, so I would appreciate any assistance I can get from those out there who are much more in the know.

I used the Smine's Best boon from Pathfinder Scenario 05-06. It gives a weapon the following abilities:

While wielding that weapon you gain a +1 bonus on performance combat checks as well as a +1 bonus on Intimidate checks made against creatures proficient with that weapon. In addition, increase the weapon's hit point total by 5.

I started off by adding an Item Power in the editor, but I can't find how to setup the Skill Modifiers for Intimidate and I have no idea where to code the performance combat check. I am not worried about the item hitpoints, as I know that Hero Lab doesn't have that built in (would be a nice feature to add).

Any help with this first mission of customization would be greatly appreciated!

JWMK
JWMK is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old October 28th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Here's the code to add the Intimidate bonus. It's a little tricky for some pretty silly reasons.

RENDER/10000
Code:
doneif (parent.field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

var weapon as string

foreach pick in container from BaseWep
  weapon = lowercase(eachpick.field[shortname].text)
nexteach

#situational[hero.childfound[skIntim],"+1 vs. creatures with " & weapon & " proficiency",field[thingname].text]
To explain, the first line up there tells the script to abort if the character hasn't equipped the smine weapon. After that, the script creates a string (text-based) variable called "weapon", before looking at all the components of the smine weapon to figure out which part is the weapon itself (identified because it has the "component.BaseWep" tag) and saving the name of that weapon using that variable. Finally, it adds a situational bonus flag to the Intimidate skill that says the character gets +1 to Intimidate checks against creatures proficient with the appropriate type of weapon.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by Redcap's Corner; October 28th, 2015 at 09:54 PM.
Redcap's Corner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old October 28th, 2015, 09:55 PM
The performance combat bonus is actually much easier.

POST-LEVELS/100
Code:
doneif (parent.field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

hero.childfound[PerfCombat].field[Bonus].value += 1
Again, the first line just tells the script to abort if the smine weapon isn't equipped. The second line just increases the untyped bonus to the character's performance combat check by 1.
Redcap's Corner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JWMK

Old October 31st, 2015, 06:07 PM
Thank you so much for this... But now I hate to turn around and have to ask, where do I apply this code in the weapon? As I mentioned in the post, this is my first venture into customized stuff in Hero's Lab.

I truly appreciate your help!
JWMK is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 31st, 2015, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMK View Post
Thank you so much for this... But now I hate to turn around and have to ask, where do I apply this code in the weapon? As I mentioned in the post, this is my first venture into customized stuff in Hero's Lab.

I truly appreciate your help!
I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JWMK

Old October 31st, 2015, 07:11 PM
Figured it all out. Thanks for those links. Having such a supportive user base on these boards have made me feel that much better about investing my $ in Hero Lab.

Thanks so much!
JWMK is offline   #6 Reply With Quote