Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nogoodscallywag

Old August 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Trying to start HeroLab, I get an error message on the blue screen of Herolab:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors. The following errors occured: Thing 'cuUWPain'-Condition phase/priority (First/5000) for boostrap thing 'cuUWGDVamT' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/2500).

When I click OK, it opens up my .por files, but things are messed up. For instance, the custom scrolls I bought for my character, instead of saying:

Scroll of Erase

Now say:

Scroll of -Add Custom Scroll- Erase

This occurs after a just downloaded the update.

Any help?
nogoodscallywag is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
You didn't update the Commumity Bestiary to the latest version. Plus search works very well on this forum and this is been asked before.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nogoodscallywag

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Well thank you sir.

I didn't think the community bestiary was a necessary update; neither did I think the community bestiary had anything to do whatsoever with the scrolls.

Should have searched for the error. Thanks for the snark!

By the way, saw a lot of people at GenCon with Herolab sheets; many of them have the software at home. Great job by Herolab!

Although, the scroll error still exists...

Last edited by nogoodscallywag; August 25th, 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Additional info needed to be added.
nogoodscallywag is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner

Old August 25th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodscallywag View Post
boostrap thing 'cuUWGDVamT'

Thanks for the snark!
Apologize for any snark that may or may not have been present.

Forums have a frequent occurrence of the same question asked every day or two, so a frequenter to a forum may be jaded because of this fact.

Anyway, some tips:

If you see something listed as a bootstrapper, then you can search the .user files on your disk to find where this is located.

EyeBookathfinder risner$ grep cuUWGDVamT *.user
PFRPG_Book_of_Fiends_frumple.user: <thing id="cuUWGDVamT"

Notice it is in PFRPG_Book_of_Fiends_frumple.user, which you can find is part of the CB. So the first thing to do at that point is make sure that the CB is at the newest version. As you are probably not the first to run into the error.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 25th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Well thank you sir.

I didn't think the community bestiary was a necessary update; neither did I think the community bestiary had anything to do whatsoever with the scrolls.
The CB often has fixes designed to work with the new releases of the software. So its always a good plan to update the community stuff to prevent all sorts of load errors.

The scroll issue I didn't notice but it "could" be related to THIS issue? Either way you should put in an official bug report to make sure.

Quote:
Should have searched for the error. Thanks for the snark!
No snark was intended at all. I was in a hurry writing on my iPad. But often you will get faster fixes by doing a search. In this case for future errors you can always search for the Thing ID "cuUWPain" as its unique good chance to find the exact issue and fix.

So if the error messages lists a "Thing" or "Source" and after it gives a 10 character value. You can search the forums for that value and often you maybe able to find a thread with the reason and a fix.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nogoodscallywag

Old August 25th, 2013, 03:15 PM
No need to apologize for the snark! I find humor in it. Keep it coming! Like I said, Herolab is awesome and the forums really help. I shouldn't have been so lazy as to do a simple search.

Bug reported.

Cheers!
nogoodscallywag is offline   #6 Reply With Quote