Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Mergon

Old February 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM
I use both Eberron and Pathfinder Modern. I have a conflict issue after updating to the latest Eberron patch. The Eberron Artificer and the Pathfinder Modern Martial Artist both use the same id (cHelpArt) . .

I've had to uninstall Eberron since I make heavier use of the Modern Flaws and Traits than I currently use Eberron (mostly for the Warforged).

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!

Last edited by Mergon; February 1st, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Mergon is offline   #271
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
I use both Eberron and Pathfinder Modern. I have a conflict issue after updating to the latest Eberron patch. The Eberron Artificer and the Pathfinder Modern Martial Artist both use the same id (cHelpArt) . .

I've had to uninstall Eberron since I make heavier use of the Modern Flaws and Traits than I currently use Eberron (mostly for the Warforged).
Well what you can do for something like this is run Multiple Pathfinder game installs. One can have Modern and one can have Eberron.

From inside of HL you can go to "Tools->Duplicate Game System" and pick "Pathfinder" from the list. Then for a new name call it like "pathfinder_Eberron". Now when you restart HL you will have multiple Pathfinder games to choose from.

When you download Eberron then what you do is on the Install Screen change the path to your new game folder. Then go in and remove the Modern data set from the Eberron game system. This way you can have both running and keep different settings even then per game system.
Noname.jpg

Here is what my HL looks like when I start. I have a few Pathfinder things running.
Noname2.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #272
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Oh my gosh, that is actually pretty neat!

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #273
Mister Shed

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM
The spell Transformation (in file PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user) is back to having the issue where it's adding the character's level to their existing BAB instead of switching their level in for it. Adjusting the priority on the 2nd eval script (from 10000 to 20000) fixes this.
Mister Shed is offline   #274
Sketchpad

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM
Seems like the Mythic Playtest doc is in a constant loop for requesting to DL. I downloaded it, but it's still asking me if I want to. Just a head's up.

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #275
EdtheDM

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
I'm having the same issue as Sketchpad.
EdtheDM is offline   #276
ShadowChemosh

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
Seems like the Mythic Playtest doc is in a constant loop for requesting to DL. I downloaded it, but it's still asking me if I want to. Just a head's up.
Thanks for letting me know. Its fixed now so download one last time and it won't prompt you no more.

Sorry about that. There is several places that has to have the Version Number when doing these and I missed one. So part of the software kept thinking you had 1.7 not 1.8 after installing it. My bad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #277
Asandir

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Tim,

Thanks for fixing the Mythic download. Was having the same issue.

Also thanks for sharing that splitting up your instances. That will make my SGG dataset creation work much easier to manage if I have it in a separate directory. Didn't know you could do that.

Also with two different game sessions going with two different allowed options, would make that easier too. So one more follow up question. To remove an option after you are through with it, is it as easy as deleting the directory or is more involved than that?

Thanks.
Asandir is offline   #278
bodrin

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
You can just delete the directory and it'll disappear.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #279
ShadowChemosh

Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Moving discussion of the Yrthak, Boreal race over to this thread so we stay out of LW crash thread.

My confusion is that as far as I know/understand v2.9 I released Jan 31, 2013 fixed the issue. But it seems like it didn't maybe for some? I am loading without errors with just the minimum licenses required for CB and when I load with EVERY official package.

Based on the Unique ID "rAP51YrtBo" I can't be running into a Unique ID hit as now way LW uses that ID. So I want to fix this issue but if I can't duplicate it I can't fix it....

Can some one give me the exact error message they are getting? Right click on the message and copy it when they see it. Please past that here maybe that will help. Its very strange that I do not have to erase this creature from my data set and it loads fine.

Do people have other Custom Content running from a 3PP I don't know about that is causing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Shade View Post
Now it is telling me that a Bootstrap Thing labeled rAP51YrtBo does not exist and it cannot load up userfiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
Yrthak, Boreal used the community version of the Yrthak since it wasn't in Bestiary 2 until the latest update. I updated the appropriate community files (since it turns out the community bestiary and the Bestiary 2 ythrak duplicated ids on some of its abilities) to fix this a sent them on to Shadow. They will most likely be in the next release of the community bestiary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
What could also be done is going to the editor to delete the "Yrthak, Boreal" race from the AP51 file in the Community Bestiary; even if HeroLab has gone into safe mode, you can still access those files in the editor. That will get rid of the problem without having to remove all the Comm Bestiary files (or at least it did for me)

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #280
Closed Thread