Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Virtue

Old January 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I have a licence on my lap top and am going to be upgrading to windows seven, how do I go about deactivating and then reactivating on the same computer?
Virtue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM
There's no need to deactivate it on the old OS before activating it on the new OS (you may want to use the license menu...send my licenses to me to get the license number in an email, as a backup).

If it's been less than 120 days since this license was originally set up or last moved, you should be able to have the waiting period waived ahead of time - here's the licensing page of our website: http://wolflair.com/index.php?contex...e_reassignment, you can send an email to the support address listed there ahead of time.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old January 19th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks man
Virtue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old February 14th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I will be getting rid of a laptop and getting a new laptop soon. Do I need to deactivate my license for the exisiting laptop so that I can get a new license for the new laptop? Should I handle that through e-mails to customer support?
Basilforth is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Same as above. As long as it has been 120+ days form activating on the OLD laptop you don't do anything but activate on the NEW laptop.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Katt De Grey

Old June 25th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Well hope this is in the right spot,
New laptop, want to move files from old laptop.
I understand the license part, but how does one move all the portfolios from old to new?

Just cant seem to find the answer anyplace so far. (Search fo is behaving badly today.)

Thank you in advance,
Katt
Katt De Grey is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2012, 12:24 PM
If you're into network stuff, connect to the share on the old machine from the new machine. Look in the my documents equivalent folder for the Hero Lab, then Profiles folder and copy the files from there. (On windows 7 that's \\<machine name>\c$\users\<your username>\My Documents\Hero Lab\Portofolios, on windows XP it is \\<machine name>\c$\Documents and Settings\<your username>\My Documents\Hero Lab\Portfolios).

If not, stick a USB drive into your old pc, go into "My documents", then "Hero Lab"
Copy contents to the usb drive, and either copy them off, or just use the removable usb drive to store them.
cryptoknight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Even easier...

Go to the Tools menu within Hero Lab, select the Explore Folders sub-menu, and then select User Data Folder. Windows Explorer will launch and take you to where all user files are stored by default. There should be a Portfolios folder in there, which is where all your saved characters will be found. Copy the contents to a memory stick or somewhere else.

On the new machine, go through the same process to locate where the user-created files are stored. Then copy them off of the memory stick.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Katt De Grey

Old June 25th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks to all for the help. Figued it was easier then I was thinking.
Kept looking for a simple transfer feature like export/import and just wasnt getting there that way.

Thank you all once again.
Katt
Katt De Grey is offline   #9 Reply With Quote