Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

baeleg

Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere; I did search the forums and found some mention of "known problems" but they didn't seem to fit the bill.

I'm trying to figure out how to get both Flurry of Blows and Power Attack/Deadly Aim to show up on the printable character sheet. I see Flurry under Special Abilities, but I can't seem to assign it to a weapon type and see what the flurry would be for that weapon. Same with Power Attack/Deadly Aim.

I generally write these items on my character sheet as separate attacks to help speed up play.

Also, I was writing a Zen Archer and the "Basics" summary lists both a ranged flurry and a melee flurry, but the Zen Archer loses the ability to use flurry in melee.
baeleg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old February 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I am going to necro this because I want the same thing.

I am messing with levelling a monk PC right now. Basically, now like at every level for the last 8 levels, I print the pdf, then have to go and manually add in the flurry of blows attack/damage and then the power attacking attack/damage (and flurrying power attacking) manually in the weapons section with a pen, which is lame.

It would be great if flurry, power attack, etc. were options one could get pre-printed as weapons. The implementation can be ghetto, I don't care - make a weapon called "Unarmed attack, flurry" or... something. I don't use HL at the table so am not interested in 'turn it on/turn it off," I want it on the character sheet...

Oh on that same topic, "Belier's Bite" (d4 bleed on unarmed attacks) should show up under unarmed attack damage since it applied all the time if you have it. In general, specials (poison, etc.) don't appear with the weapon listing, which would be very helpful for combat purposes.
mxyzplk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxyzplk View Post
add in the flurry of blows attack/damage and then the power attacking attack/damage

"Belier's Bite" (d4 bleed on unarmed attacks) should show up under unarmed attack damage
Flurry is on there in Specials as a modifier to your attacks, the way it is printed is strange and includes your BAB and the -2 Penalty. I just ignore it, and use TWF (and ITWF/GTWF if you have sufficient explicit levels in Monk) and apply the -2 to all attacks normally.

I kind of wish we had a direct "Flurry" chain printed or I wish the Flurry Special would fetch the unarmed attack and print the sequence. Hmm, I bet that could be coded as a ReplaceID. Never checked into that.

Power Attack is in In-Play tab. I just enable it and leave it enabled, since I never attack without it.

The Belier's Bite is heavily debated exactly how it works.
It was a very early version of Bleed and doesn't have a great wording.
There are two ways to read the RAW:
1) Every attack gets 1d4 Bleed; take the highest value on the d4 you got during the Full Attack, apply that value
2) Every attack gets a stacking 1d4 Bleed

Option 1 is what most people use.
Option 2 can be read that way, but it is definitely an uncommon interpretation. I've never seen a PFS table run it this way.
risner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 9th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Baby setting a server upgrade, I decided to try to tackle this problem.
Here is a fix that includes an Adjustment that you can use to target your Flurry of Blows to something other than Unarmed and the patch that modifies the system Flurry of Blows to display the attack sequence with all bonuses includes.

It should work in all cases, except in cases where wAttack on a weapon is modified after Final/10002 (shouldn't ever happen)

HERE

Mathis, if the code isn't too ugly, you are welcome to copy this into the real FoB special.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
HERE

Mathis, if the code isn't too ugly, you are welcome to copy this into the real FoB special.
Nice just tested it out and works really well including working with Weapon Focus, Weapon Finesse, and mixing in Fighter levels.

Though yours has the same problem as mine which is Power Attack. A 4th level monk using FoB and PA should be -2/+4 with the weapons they are FoB with.

I also went a little different and changed the livename on Unarmed Strike to show the additional information. So i.e it says "Unarmed Strike +4/+4". Though it does run out of a little room with a level 20 monk and using the extra ki attack. For those using PnP its nice to have all the attacks listed right their next to the weapon not on the 2nd page with other specials.

I like the adjustment you added so one can pick the weapon. Though changing the live name of the chosen weapon I think would make it just perfect.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Though yours has the same problem as mine which is Power Attack.
Pen and Paper its nice to have all the attacks listed
I need to ponder on this.
The fundamental problem with PA displaying properly is the BAB change.

I'm wondering if we need a "Am Flurrying" In Play? If so, it could (early on) modify the BAB of the PC, so that all things that flow from it like:
PA
Bleeding Critical DC
Agile Maneuvers

All those would be correctly modified?

Yea, I need to update the live name (and account for PA if active) as the PnP folk can't see changes to text other than livename.
risner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I need to ponder on this.
The fundamental problem with PA displaying properly is the BAB change.
Yep that is the big issue for FoB.

Yea a In-Play activation ability would help out as at least we know then that they really want the FoB calculated. Then for PA it stores its negative to hit in field[abValue] and its bonus to damage in field[abValue2] at Post-levels 10,000. So if we modified those two values before then it would show the adjusted FoB values.

Assuming the other feats (Bleeding Critical DC, Agile Maneuvers) we could adjust those also. The issue is that its not flexible to new feats or abilities.

Hmm their is the hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase] which does actually control the BAB of the current character. Which can be changed I think but the issues I ran into before was trying to figure out how to adjust the BAB when other classes are added. Only thought here was calc the Monk BAB then remove it from tAtkBase and then add to tAtkBase with the number of monk levels.

Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Here is the raw XML for my version of FoB. Maybe it will help...
Code:
  <thing id="cMnkS2FOB" name="Flurry of Blows" description="Starting at 1st level, a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes or attacks with a special monk weapon (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham) as if using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat). For the purpose of these attacks, the monk&apos;s base attack bonus is equal to his monk level. For all other purposes, such as qualifying for a feat or a prestige class, the monk uses his normal base attack bonus.{br}{br}At 8th level, the monk can make two additional attacks when he uses flurry of blows, as if using Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat).{br}{br}At 15th level, the monk can make three additional attacks using flurry of blows, as if using Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat).{br}{br}A monk applies his full Strength bonus to his damage rolls for all successful attacks made with flurry of blows, whether the attacks are made with an off-hand or with a weapon wielded in both hands. A monk may substitute disarm, sunder, and trip combat maneuvers for unarmed attacks as part of a flurry of blows. A monk cannot use any weapon other than an unarmed strike or a special monk weapon as part of a flurry of blows. A monk with natural weapons cannot use such weapons as part of a flurry of blows, nor can he make natural attacks in addition to his flurry of blows attacks.{br}{br}By spending 1 point from his ki pool, a monk can make one additional attack at his highest attack bonus when making a flurry of blows attack." compset="ClSpecial" summary="Make Flurry of Blows attack as a full action." replaces="cMnkFlurr">
    <fieldval field="actName" value="Flurry of Blows: 1 Ki: Gain another attack"/>
    <tag group="SpecType" tag="Attack" name="Attack" abbrev="Attack"/>
    <tag group="AbilType" tag="Extra" name="Extraordinary Ability" abbrev=" (Ex)"/>
    <eval phase="Final" priority="10000"><![CDATA[
      if (field[xIndex].value = 3) then
        field[listname].text = "Flurry of Blows (Greater Two-Weapon Fighting)"
      elseif (field[xIndex].value = 2) then
        field[listname].text = "Flurry of Blows (Improved Two-Weapon Fighting)"
      else
        field[listname].text = "Flurry of Blows (Two-Weapon Fighting)"
        endif

~if we have the Ki Pool ability, the user can activate this ability for an extra initial attack
      if (hero.childfound[cMnkKiPool].tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] <> 0) then
        perform assign[User.Activation]
        endif]]></eval>
    <eval phase="Final" priority="20000" index="2"><![CDATA[
      ~only run these calculations on the first copy
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

var i as number
      var j as number
      var x as number
      var MnkBAB as number
      ~ Set FoB negative value
      field[abValue].value += 2

~ Calc just the Monk BAB
      MnkBAB = int(0.75*hero.child[cHelpMnk].field[cTotalLev].value)

~starting at our Monk level - 2 + Other classes BAB
      ~j = field[xAllLev].value - 2
      j = (hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value - MnkBAB) + (field[xAllLev].value - field[abValue].value)

~on the first pass through
      i = 1
      field[livename].text = "Flurry of Blows "
      hero.child[wUnarmed].field[livename].text &= " FoB "

~ Calc just the Monk BAB and remove it from the Unarmed to hit 
x = hero.child[wUnarmed].field[wAttack].value - hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value

~if we're active, the user has spent a Ki point for an extra attack at the highest rating
      if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
        field[livename].text &= signed(j) & "/"
        hero.child[wUnarmed].field[livename].text &= signed(j+x) & "/"
        endif

~as long as our value remains above -2 (which would mean that our effective BAB remains above 0 - the normal requirement for getting an extra attack)
      while (j > -2)
        ~add a / if this isn't the first time through
        if (i > 1) then
          field[livename].text &= "/"
          hero.child[wUnarmed].field[livename].text &= "/"
          endif

~append our bonus
        field[livename].text &= signed(j)
        hero.child[wUnarmed].field[livename].text &= signed(j+x)

~if we've been through this a number of times that's less than or equal to the number of Flurry abilities we've gained, add a second attack at this bonus
        if (i <= field[xCount].value) then
          field[livename].text &= "/" & signed(j)
          hero.child[wUnarmed].field[livename].text &= "/" & signed(j+x)
          endif

~reduce our bonus by 5 and increase our pass count by 1, then go to the next loop
        j -= 5
        i += 1
        loop

~ Apply the bonus to our flurry of blows weapon
      ~container.childfound[wFlurry].field[wAttack].value += bonus
      ~var i as number
      ~var result as number
      ~for i = 1 to extra
        ~perform hero.childfound[wFlurry].assign[Helper.ExtraHigh]
        ~next]]></eval>
    </thing>

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
PA field[abValue] field[abValue2]

Assuming the other feats (Bleeding Critical DC, Agile Maneuvers)

The issue is that its not flexible to new feats or abilities.

Monk BAB then remove it from tAtkBase and then add to tAtkBase with the number of monk levels.

Thoughts?
Ok, I decided to add this and I'm going to go with changing all things instead of adjusting BAB directly (since the effect is only for attacks and not other things like CMD and adjusting BAB directly would have the same type of "must adjust for things that break" issue.)

I've already added every feature that can be used during a Flurry to a PC:
+BAB to CMB if you don't have 3rd level Maneuver Training (using it's script)
Agile script doesn't matter, so remove it from the list.
* Critical feats that have DC based on BAB
Combat Expertise/Piranha Strike/Power Attack/Deadly Aim/Combat Patrol
Dazing Assault/Stunning Assault

What I'm not going to do is worry about non-Monk class features and how they might fail to properly interact (like Battle Oracle has a use BAB of Oracle Level for a CMB.) I'm not going to worry about whether or not this is safe to combine (for a multiclass Monk/Battle Oracle) and I'm going to assume all these cases are clean code as is in most items and it will "just work."

I'll probably have the update tonight.
risner is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 10th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I've completed the project. HERE

It handles all of the following cases:
Blinding/Crippling/Deafening Critical
Staggering/Stunning Critical
Dazing/Stunning Assault
Power Attack/Piranha Strike
Deadly Aim
Combat Expertise
Non-Grapple CMB checks

It ignored these cases:
Agil Maneuvers (no code needed)
Whirlwind Attack (not applicable)
Combat Patrol (not applicable)
Items (use the BAB difference to adjust on the fly)

The replaced Monk FoB now has two activations.
The original is maintained for Ki Attack.
The new one is a global activation for flurry.
The adjustment is not required (but if not present the FoB defaults to Unarmed)

Mathias, you are welcome to integrate this code (if it passes your tests) or we can maintain it in the separate files (ShadowChemosh) etc.
risner is offline   #10 Reply With Quote