Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Unseelie

Old March 28th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Well, it shows the FoB minus PA but based on Monks normal BAB. eg A 4th level monks BAB is 4 when flurrying so power attack should be -2/+4 but it only subtracts 1 from FoB.

I filed a bug report already. My original post was more of "is this a bug?" as i wasn't originally sure.
Ah, I see... looking at a Monk I just made, the problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with Power Attack at all. This level 5 Monk (with no STR bonus) has a BAB of +3, and a Flurry of +3/+3.

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed the TWF adjustment on the flurry. My guess is that they're not advancing the Power Attack for BAB +4 then.

Last edited by Unseelie; March 29th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Unseelie is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
laughing_dragon

Old September 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
MEGA frustration.
Could someone please help me make this work for good and not have HeroLab updates screw this up?
I had this working after six hours of editing last week. However, with game tonight I find that this morning's Pathfinder Update destroyed the ability to use Flurry of Blows in a campaign full of monks.

Some corrections to this thread which is in an awful state of misinformation and disorganization.
1) First ALL links and references to there being a
"PFRPG_Monk_FoB_CORE.user from d20pfsrd in the zMisc folder."
are false. The file is non-existent.

2) The available attachment from this forum requires add-ons, I understand.
However, I downloaded ALL of the community content available and still get the
Piranha Strike error. (Though, I can use Piranha strike in a character.) If someone can make sense of this to me I would appreciate it.

3) There is a post claiming that this is all now included in the updated HeroLab.
The newest HeroLab version does NOT fix this issue and seems to break the previous fixes.

I have read this thread in full. I have been able to fix it on my own. However, EVERY HeroLab update seems to break all fixes. Again, this all works if you leave Herolab un-updated. What's the deal?
laughing_dragon is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing_dragon View Post
What's the deal?
HL now does most (all) of what this did internally. What does this do that HL doesn't innately do now?
risner is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
1) First ALL links and references to there being a
"PFRPG_Monk_FoB_CORE.user from d20pfsrd in the zMisc folder."
are false. The file is non-existent.
The file was deprecated once HL started to officially support FoB so I retired the addon. I saw no reason to continue to support it.

Quote:
2) The available attachment from this forum requires add-ons, I understand.
However, I downloaded ALL of the community content available and still get the
Piranha Strike error. (Though, I can use Piranha strike in a character.) If someone can make sense of this to me I would appreciate it.
Part of the original addon required an official package that contains Piranha Strike. Without the official package or removing of that part of the script the user file will force HL into safe mode.

Quote:
3) There is a post claiming that this is all now included in the updated HeroLab.
The newest HeroLab version does NOT fix this issue and seems to break the previous fixes.
FoB is now officially supported in HL but if you have this old user file actually running you of course will NOT see the the officially supported FoB values. That would be my "guess" as to you why you don't see it.

Quote:
I have read this thread in full. I have been able to fix it on my own. However, EVERY HeroLab update seems to break all fixes. Again, this all works if you leave Herolab un-updated. What's the deal?
Remove the .user file and use the stuff that is built into HL. Yes maintaining the scripts and packages for the community is a full time job. Which is why as soon as something is officially added I stop supporting it.

Just so everyone is on the same page here is the FoB values shown currently in HL for a level 1 monk with all 10 ability scores:
Noname.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 29th, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
morval

Old October 1st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just so everyone is on the same page here is the FoB values shown currently in HL for a level 1 monk with all 10 ability scores:
Attachment 2514
I just noticed that Haste doesn't seem to add to FoB, but it does add to the Unarmed Strike. FoB 1Ki does add to Fob and not to Unarmed Strike like it should, but Haste doesn't touch FoB.

Also as per the PF FAQ FoB 1Ki and Haste stack. Thats how I noticed this, I was testing to see if that was implemented.

At least thats what's happening on a 9th level Monk I was making. I may be missing something? Usually when I think HL is wrong its really just me!
morval is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
I just noticed that Haste doesn't seem to add to FoB, but it does add to the Unarmed Strike. FoB 1Ki does add to Fob and not to Unarmed Strike like it should, but Haste doesn't touch FoB.

Also as per the PF FAQ FoB 1Ki and Haste stack. Thats how I noticed this, I was testing to see if that was implemented.

At least thats what's happening on a 9th level Monk I was making. I may be missing something? Usually when I think HL is wrong its really just me!
That does appear to not be working correctly. So at the top of this forum is a POST for submitting bug reports. If you just post in a thread it will get lost and not fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
morval

Old October 1st, 2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That does appear to not be working correctly. So at the top of this forum is a POST for submitting bug reports. If you just post in a thread it will get lost and not fixed.
Yup, just thought I'd mention it here as well.
morval is offline   #57 Reply With Quote