Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 31st, 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I'm aware of the changes you're doing in your work, but I've seen nothing mentioned of new Eberron data lately. And I need this data for a campaign I'm running so I'm going to grind it out before the family gathers for New Years shenanigans.

And it is for one the sourcebooks you haven't enabled yet.
Thats all good! Just make sure your using the tag BonusFor.S2Artifice on your feats as that way you won't have to make any changes to your feats when I put out v2.2. Which could be as soon as tomorrow as it has some misc bug fixes and the ability to suppress all non-eberron deities.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1071
RavenX

Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
You've got a serious bug in the stock portfolio for Eberron as well. There are a lot of creatures listed as CR 1/2 that should be significantly higher in Challenge Rating. Living Cloudkill is not a CR 1/2 creature. I'd like to flag this for review.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1072
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:58 AM
Quote:
You've got a serious bug in the stock portfolio for Eberron as well. There are a lot of creatures listed as CR 1/2 that should be significantly higher in Challenge Rating. Living Cloudkill is not a CR 1/2 creature. I'd like to flag this for review.
Thanks for the bug report. It will be awhile before I get back to this but I have added it to the issues list on Github.

I always forget about CR when doing monsters because I never ever use it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1073
RavenX

Old January 2nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
This is the official Eberron Campaign Setting Errata. The Xen'Drik Boomerang is supposed to be P or B type on damage. I got this direct from Keith Baker. He said the boomerang is meant to allow drow the option of delivering poison to their victims. Just figured I'd pass this along to you as well.

I figured I'd report the CR issue because it's important. I use the encounter builder frequently enough that it becomes an issue for me. And I know I am not the only person that does.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; January 2nd, 2015 at 12:22 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1074
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:21 PM
Quote:
This is the official Eberron Campaign Setting Errata.
Thanks! I do have that Errata and applied I thought all of it but I guess I missed some.

Quote:
The Xen'Drik Boomerang is supposed to be P or B type on damage. I got this direct from Keith Baker. He said the boomerang is meant to allow drow the option of delivering poison to their victims. Just figured I'd pass this along to you as well.
Thanks for the bug report! Will be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
I figured I'd report the CR issue because it's important. I use the encounter builder frequently enough that it becomes an issue for me. And I know I am not the only person that does.
It makes perfect sense for it to be correct especially with the Encounter Builder being as popular as it is. I should keep an eye on that for the community Monsters also...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1075
Eretas

Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:42 PM
I try to clean up my computer and i should have move files to the wrong place... As i used dropbox, I have to move file from Dropbox to Herolab/pathfinder.
But I just got those errors messages.

Thanks for helping.
Attached Images
File Type: png printscreen.png (474.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png printscreen2.png (420.7 KB, 5 views)
Eretas is offline   #1076
burkoJames

Old January 3rd, 2015, 08:44 PM
Im having a slight issue. I have a MAC install of the latest version of hero lab and the pathfinder data sets. I own all the major books, including theones required for the community beastiary, i.e. APG, UC, UM, B1-3. I also installed the new basic pack. I do not have the Player Pack installed. Whenever I install the community beastiary, my install of Herolab crashes when loading pathfinder. I don't get any errors from Herolab, It crashes and I get a crash report from the OS. Any Ideas?
burkoJames is offline   #1077
ShadowChemosh

Old January 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eretas View Post
I try to clean up my computer and i should have move files to the wrong place... As i used dropbox, I have to move file from Dropbox to Herolab/pathfinder.
But I just got those errors messages.

Thanks for helping.
So note once you get the first errors HL has gone into safe mode so opening a .por file won't work.

I know how to fix one error. You need to remove the file "ImprovedWeaponFinesse.user" as that is in the Basic Pack now. I have fixed the install for next release to automatically remove this file. Until then you will have to manually remove it yourself. Sorry! See FAQ#5 here to find the folder that stores the file.

The other files appear almost as if you have duplicate version of your .user files? What HL is telling you is that you have the same "Thing" defined multiple times. Most likely from different files. So in example the file "spell_open_slots.user" use to be called "PFRPG_Spell_open_slots.user". So if you have both those files in your data folder HL will give errors. Is this what happening?

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 4th, 2015 at 10:13 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1078
ShadowChemosh

Old January 4th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkoJames View Post
Im having a slight issue. I have a MAC install of the latest version of hero lab and the pathfinder data sets. I own all the major books, including theones required for the community beastiary, i.e. APG, UC, UM, B1-3. I also installed the new basic pack. I do not have the Player Pack installed. Whenever I install the community beastiary, my install of Herolab crashes when loading pathfinder. I don't get any errors from Herolab, It crashes and I get a crash report from the OS. Any Ideas?
You could "try" the solution on THIS post and its file that I changed for someone else.

But if HL is crashing hard to desktop I would send a report into HL support with the crash log. Honestly Operating System errors are above my pay grade especially on a Mac that I know zero about.

I am happy to make any changes to fix stuff in the community packs but in this case I really have no clue where to start.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1079
burkoJames

Old January 4th, 2015, 11:11 AM
That did in fact correct the problem for me. Thanks! Unfortunately, it appears i need to wait for the community beatiary to become the gm pack, as basic and community beastiary overlap.

Last edited by burkoJames; January 4th, 2015 at 11:31 AM.
burkoJames is offline   #1080
Closed Thread