Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bugleyman

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
When I select the following human favored class option for inquisitor, which is

"Inquisitor: Add one spell known from the inquisitor spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the inquisitor can cast."

I am able to select only zero level spells, even if when I *should* be able to select higher. For example, I'm building a 6th level inquisitor, but can only select 0 level spells with this option at all levels (whereas I should be able to take level 1 spells at levels 4, 5, and 6).

Is anyone else seeing this?

BTW, since this is my first post: Lest I appear overly negative, I just wanted to say that Herolab is great product.

Last edited by bugleyman; March 22nd, 2011 at 12:33 PM.
bugleyman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugleyman View Post
When I select the following human favored class option for inquisitor, which is

"Inquisitor: Add one spell known from the inquisitor spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the inquisitor can cast."

I am able to select only zero level spells, even if when I *should* be able to select higher. For example, I'm building a 6th level inquisitor, but can only select 0 level spells with this option at all levels (whereas I should be able to take level 1 spells at levels 4, 5, and 6).

Is anyone else seeing this?

BTW, since this is my first post: Lest I appear overly negative, I just wanted to say that Herolab is great product.
When you mouse over the description of the option, does it tell you that you have to go to the "In Play "tab and make the appropriate adjustments? You have to do this for each level you take the option. So if you take it 3 times, you need to select the "Customize Favored Class Option" 3 separate times and make 3 separate adjustments on the "In Play" tab.
blzbob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bugleyman

Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
When you mouse over the description of the option, does it tell you that you have to go to the "In Play "tab and make the appropriate adjustments? You have to do this for each level you take the option. So if you take it 3 times, you need to select the "Customize Favored Class Option" 3 separate times and make 3 separate adjustments on the "In Play" tab.
That was it...thanks!
bugleyman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
freebfrost

Old March 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm having a similar problem but I don't seem to be getting the answer.

One of players has a 7th level Inquisitor, but whenever I add a level and choose to add "+1 Spell Known" and then click to add Customize Favored Class Options, when I go to the In-Play tab, there is no additional copy of that ability under Activated Abilities. Also, under the Customize... Options section, some of the abilities are highlighted in red and one in green.

What am I missing here?
freebfrost is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 25th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebfrost View Post
One of players has a 7th level Inquisitor, but whenever I add a level and choose to add "+1 Spell Known" and then click to add Customize Favored Class Options, when I go to the In-Play tab, there is no additional copy of that ability under Activated Abilities. Also, under the Customize... Options section, some of the abilities are highlighted in red and one in green.
This is perhaps the most intricate feature to use on HL... a clear step-by-step procedure is explained in this post:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....29&postcount=2
Lord Magus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BusterBluth

Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'm having a problem getting this favored bonus to apply, and I'm not seeing anything in the 'In-Play' tab that will enable it. What am I missing?
BusterBluth is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBluth View Post
I'm having a problem getting this favored bonus to apply, and I'm not seeing anything in the 'In-Play' tab that will enable it. What am I missing?
This was changed in a version awhile back. After you select the +1 Spell Known then under the "Customize Favored Class Option" you select the correct spell level:
Image1.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Yes, as shadowchemosh said it caused enough confusion that we had to change it. Select the level which gets the bonus spells known in the Customize table, then select it X times in the favored class options above to add X spells to the Inquisitor class.

If you need to add to a second level of spells, add another pick to the Customize table, choose a new spell level, and choose that Y times above.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BusterBluth

Old December 23rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info. I was having problems last night, but i must have just been tired. This feature works great.
BusterBluth is offline   #9 Reply With Quote