Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kabreras

Old December 15th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Hello,

I did find some bugs while building my new witch, could solve some with the editor or at least find a way around if anyone can help with a better solution :

- Elf alternate racial "dreamspeaker" doesnt remove the immunity to sleep and doestnt give +1 DC to the slumber hex ==> i cant manage to find how to fix it

- Slumber hex is not avayable in the ability focus list ==> created a new ability focus and slumber hex so they would be able to interact (had to give slumber the spell like ability tag for it to work)

- Vermins familiars do not get int when selected ==> created a new familiar from scratch

So my only real problem is with dreamspeaker if anyone did find a solution...

Thanks
kabreras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabreras View Post
- Elf alternate racial "dreamspeaker" doesnt remove the immunity to sleep and doestnt give +1 DC to the slumber hex ==> i cant manage to find how to fix it
When you say fix you mean how to put in this "houserule"? As no reason why dreamspeaker would add to the Slumber hex. Slumber is not a spell its a supernatural ability.

Class abilities store their DC in a field called "abDC". So my advice would be to put in adjustment to increase this things DC by one. Or you could use "Replace Thing ID" for the "dreamspeaker" ability to have the script run on their. But then no easy way to turn it off.

The script would be the following running at Phase: Pre-Levels/10000
Code:
~ If slumber hex not on character get out now
doneif (hero.childlives[cWitSlumbe] <> 1)
~ increase slumber hex DC by 1
hero.child[cWitSlumbe].field[abDC].value += 1
Quote:
- Slumber hex is not avayable in the ability focus list ==> created a new ability focus and slumber hex so they would be able to interact (had to give slumber the spell like ability tag for it to work)
HERE is the same questions asked awhile ago. I show how to just change "Ability Focus" only to have this affect Hexes also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 15th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old December 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Why would it be houserule ?

dreamspeaker give +1 DC to sleep effects and slumber is definitly a sleep effect.
kabreras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Why would it be houserule ?

dreamspeaker give +1 DC to sleep effects and slumber is definitly a sleep effect.
Your focusing on just one part of the text the full text is "Elves with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs of spells of the divination school and sleep effects they cast."

Sleep effects is the same sentence as spells of divination school and talking about any "Spell" that gives a Sleep effect like the "Sleep" spell. If you look at the ability as listed on d20pfsrd you see that even their "Sleep" is linked to the sleep spell.

Thats how I see it and it would seem so does LW. If you find a FAQ/Errata about it please let LW know so they can change it. But the intent is for spells not supernatural abilities.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old December 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Same that Slumber that is linked to sleep with "as per the sleep spell"

as for the reading i see it as :
"Elves with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs of spells of the divination school and sleep effects they cast."
can be rewrote like
"Elves with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs of sleep effects and spells of the divination school they cast."
Exact same to me

"And" can be switched with a "," in most sentances but only when there are 3 or more items to list so here i dont see how it would be related to the "spell" word.

But anyway i cant get it to work
I copy the whole dreamspeaker, add your code in eval rules but it doesnt do anything

Nevermind, i was on the wrong dreamspeaker...
Working now, Still got the immunity to sleep apearing while it shouldnt but well its less a problem

Last edited by kabreras; December 15th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
kabreras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old December 16th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Seems like the immunity to sleep effects is innerant to the "elf" race and not inside the "elven immunities" racial trait

But in "dreamspeaker" when i click to desactivate the features there is 2 lines with elven immunities and 1 of them have the id of sleep immunitie. but even when selecting this one the immunitie still apear on the character sheet...
kabreras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Just tested in and yea its not removing the immunity to sleep. I see the code to prevent the Sleep from being bootstrapped, on the race, but it looks like its maybe a timing issue.

I would advise reporting it as a bug HERE and let LW fix it. Otherwise the thingid.raImmSleep is on the Elf Race itself and the Bootstrap Condition should be preventing itself from being added if the thingid.raElImmune is replaced on the hero.

My guess without spending a bunch of time testing is its a timing issue. The tag AbReplace.raElImmune is getting set after First/500. You can do a new copy on the elf race. And under bootstraps look at the condition button for raImmSleep....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Someone else has already reported the bug that the immunity itself isn't getting properly suppressed when the ability is replaced to our bug tracker.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
kabreras

Old December 18th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Lowering the tag to 500 did it to suppress the sleep immunitie
so i did rep "relf" with a new copy.

Seems like all work good now
kabreras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote