Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Mystic Lemur

Old November 28th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
Hmm, I gotta research more, but from reading the Paizo FAQ Blog it looks like if you are doing the grapple as a free action due to the Grab ability/Snatch Feat then you do get all your weapons bonuses on your grapple check. At least that's what it seemed like, but there are lots of pages to wade through on that one! Its an exception, but it makes sense I think.
Thanks, that's good to know. So many rules, and sooooo many exceptions.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #411
morval

Old November 28th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I will look into this for the next release thanks for the info. But the official answer is that the above does not apply. If a Amulet of Mighty Fists which is always on does not work I don't see why a temp spell would.
release.
That link only talks about bonuses to unarmed attacks and natural weapons and Grapple. Since grapple is not an attack action the bonuses do not count. Fair enough and makes sense. Grapple is a standard action. Trip, Sunder and Disarm are actually substituted for attack actions so the bonuses apply. So you start a grapple as a standard action, not an attack, so you can't add your bonuses.

But farther down SKR talks about bonuses applying if the grapple was initiated by an attack that gets to do a grapple on a hit as a free action. For example the Grab ability lets you start a grapple for free when you hit with your natural attack. Then the bonuses for your attack should all apply, things like the amulet, Haste, Prayer, etc. They all contributed to the hit so they contribute to the CMD roll to grapple.

At least thats how I read it. I'll ask the question at the Paizo forums along with some other questions I have.
morval is offline   #412
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Quote:
That link only talks about bonuses to unarmed attacks and natural weapons and Grapple. Since grapple is not an attack action the bonuses do not count. Fair enough and makes sense. Grapple is a standard action. Trip, Sunder and Disarm are actually substituted for attack actions so the bonuses apply. So you start a grapple as a standard action, not an attack, so you can't add your bonuses.

But farther down SKR talks about bonuses applying if the grapple was initiated by an attack that gets to do a grapple on a hit as a free action. For example the Grab ability lets you start a grapple for free when you hit with your natural attack. Then the bonuses for your attack should all apply, things like the amulet, Haste, Prayer, etc. They all contributed to the hit so they contribute to the CMD roll to grapple.

At least thats how I read it. I'll ask the question at the Paizo forums along with some other questions I have.
I just like how one of Pathfinder key selling points originally was how it made 'Grapple' so much easier to use and understand.

I have an idea on how I could make it a dropdown choice for the adjustment if grapple should get all the "bonuses" or not. That way I cover everyone including houserules.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #413
Daengren

Old December 1st, 2014, 03:26 PM
I noticed that under the Community Player Pack v2.24 in the Pathfinder Modules section, it has "Doom Comes to Dustpawn" listed twice. Is that intentional? Thanks!
Daengren is offline   #414
Sleeping Giant

Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:40 PM
I would like to create an Adjustment in Hero Lab Editor when using Broadhead Arrows. These arrows when activated would cause the damage die to increase but not by size. Shortbow doing 1d6 would now do 1d8 base damage. Longbows doing 1d8 would now do 1d10 base damage. Using these arrows would also cause a -1 penalty to chosen ranged weapon.

If someone already posted the script somewhere, please direct me to the post.

Thanks!
Sleeping Giant is offline   #415
jkthomsen9

Old December 18th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Not sure if this belongs here or as a bug report. I am entering Wrath of the Righteous into RW and using the community bestiary. I am getting the following error when I try to open the following portfolio.

Error: Pick 'xDamRdCldM' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '697'

Portfolio: Documents\Hero Lab\Portfolios\pathfinder\Community Bestiary\Wrath of the Righteous\Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion\Part 3 - Amid the Ruins\I - Blackwing Ruins

Not sure which character is erroring or what xDamRdCldM is.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #416
Zandari

Old December 21st, 2014, 05:52 PM
I just discovered that you have weapon-specific CMB output in here, which is awesome, but not giving me the result I expect.

I am using an adamantium guisarme as a 9th level fighter with 18 strength, a dusty rose ioun stone in a wayfinder, weapon focus guisarme, 2 levels of weapon training (polearms), improved trip, and greater trip

I would expect CMB trip to show up as:
+9 (BAB) +4 (STRbon) +2 (weapon training), +2 (imp trip) +2 (grtr trip), +1 (weapon focus), +2 (insight from ioun stone) +1 (adamantium weapon counts as MW) for a total of +23.

However, the adjustment is giving me a value of +34, and I can’t figure out why.
Zandari is offline   #417
ShadowChemosh

Old December 21st, 2014, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandari View Post
I just discovered that you have weapon-specific CMB output in here, which is awesome, but not giving me the result I expect.

I am using an adamantium guisarme as a 9th level fighter with 18 strength, a dusty rose ioun stone in a wayfinder, weapon focus guisarme, 2 levels of weapon training (polearms), improved trip, and greater trip

I would expect CMB trip to show up as:
+9 (BAB) +4 (STRbon) +2 (weapon training), +2 (imp trip) +2 (grtr trip), +1 (weapon focus), +2 (insight from ioun stone) +1 (adamantium weapon counts as MW) for a total of +23.

However, the adjustment is giving me a value of +34, and I can’t figure out why.
Thanks for the bug report. I will have this fixed in the next release. Until then go to the Adjust tab and you can set a -11 on the Adjustment using the counter to get it display the correct value.

Update: It would also appear that their is a bug in the Ioun Stone as its not adding its bonus to CMB but it is getting to the CMD.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 21st, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #418
ShadowChemosh

Old December 21st, 2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Haste and Natural Attacks. Not sure what the official ruling is on this, have read both for and against. But have you thought of adding a Haste: Natural Attack. You would specify which natural attack gets the extra attack.

Right now Herolab doesn't add an extra attack with natural attacks. Would be nice to be able to specify which one got it so you don't forget when in battle and you turn on Haste.

Thanks,

Konrad
This can be done currently by using the adjustment called "Weapon Attacks: Force Extra High" and selecting your natural attack. This is the generic adjustment that will add an extra attack at your full BAB.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #419
ShadowChemosh

Old February 1st, 2015, 02:58 PM
Please note this thread will be getting locked on Monday morning. Please direct all new comments, questions, issues, to the thread stickied at the top of the forum called "Pathfinder Community Packs".

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #420
Closed Thread