Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Use -0.1 for 0 in those tables.
Mathias is online now   #41 Reply With Quote
Avalonxq

Old September 13th, 2010, 05:51 AM
When creating a level 2 druid with the Bear Shaman archetype, it asks me to add one Totem Transformation option to the druid's abilities, which it appears to add to the character permanently.
My understanding of the rules is that each time you use Totem Transformation (one use per level per day), you choose which option to use, and that the option lasts for the one minute that the ability is active.
Avalonxq is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2010, 08:03 AM
There's nothing in HL to prevent you from deleting that totem transformation and changing it to a new one.

I'm afraid there isn't a good way at this point to distinguish between choices like the totem transformations, where the selection can be changed, spell selections for a sorcerer, where you can make a limited set of changes every few levels, and archetype choices, which shouldn't ever be changed. I'll put on my to-do list someway to distinguish at a glance those lists that can be changed often from lists that cannot be changed.
Mathias is online now   #43 Reply With Quote
Zodd

Old September 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Lance can be used only two hands in HeroLab, but actually riding can also be used with one hand.
Fix it pls.
Zodd is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Avalonxq

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:42 AM
If I may make a suggestion, the method by which HL deals with the barbarian's raging and rage powers would work perfectly for Totem Transformation. At level 2, an animal shaman could get check boxes added to the In Play tab reflecting "Movement", "Natural Weapons", "Senses," etc. which would adjust the character when checked just as Rage does.
Avalonxq is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
smalenberg

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Magical chainmail shows armor check of -2, should be -5. Speed should be reduced. In this case, the size is medium so movement rate should be 20 with a base speed of 30.
smalenberg is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalenberg View Post
Magical chainmail shows armor check of -2, should be -5. Speed should be reduced. In this case, the size is medium so movement rate should be 20 with a base speed of 30.
That really sounds like you have Mithral Chainmail as that is how it would be changed for that special material.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Spudless

Old September 14th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I have 3rd level Gnome bard, When using a Short Bow it add the STR mod to the bows damage thus making it 1D4 -2 instead of 1D4
Spudless is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudless View Post
I have 3rd level Gnome bard, When using a Short Bow it add the STR mod to the bows damage thus making it 1D4 -2 instead of 1D4
Yep as seen in the Description for a short bow that is actually correct and was the same in 3.5 too.

You need two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. You can use a shortbow while mounted. If you have a penalty for low Strength, apply it to damage rolls when you use a shortbow. If you have a bonus for high Strength, you can apply it to damage rolls when you use a composite shortbow (see below), but not a regular shortbow.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Spudless

Old September 14th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yep as seen in the Description for a short bow that is actually correct and was the same in 3.5 too.

You need two hands to use a bow, regardless of its size. You can use a shortbow while mounted. If you have a penalty for low Strength, apply it to damage rolls when you use a shortbow. If you have a bonus for high Strength, you can apply it to damage rolls when you use a composite shortbow (see below), but not a regular shortbow.
Oh damn, thanks for that man
Spudless is offline   #50 Reply With Quote