Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Rethlyr

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I am working on a Magus archetype that is somewhat an antithesis to the Kensai - 1/4 melee BAB and 3/4 caster - one benefit I would like to try adding is escaping me:

I cannot get the editor to let me pick from the wizard spell list rather than the magus list when the archetype is chosen.

I'm guessing there is some bootstraping needing to be done, but the code is a bit beyond me. Has anyone else been able to change spellbook lists in the archetype menu?
Rethlyr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rethlyr

Old August 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
No hints at all? I see that I can manually add spells one at a time to the archetype in the editor, but I'm looking for a switch similar to the one in the class editor that says "uses what spell list?"

Anyone have any ideas?
Rethlyr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rethlyr

Old August 15th, 2011, 06:15 AM
OK, does anyone know an existing archetype that I could try and replicate this from?
Rethlyr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I can't think of any existing Archetypes that do this. I am pretty sure you will have to write a script that changes the cSpellExpr section to include the additional spells you want to add. Yea I know not perfectly clear but as I have not done exactly this before I am sort of guessing.

I did do something close with the feat Sahir-Afiyun from Dark Markets as it gets to add new spells to different classes including those with spellbooks. I had to modify field[cSpellExpr].text (that's calculated at Post-Levels/10000, so after that phase/priority, you can append the ids of specific spells allowed to the list the class is granted). In this case it was for New spells that where not set to any specific class to start with. Something maybe you can look at to get some ideas.

Sorry I am not big help here but its an area that I don't know that well. I have been trying to fix the "Two-Worlds Magic" trait for months already without any good luck for adding any spell to the different types of casters......

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Rethlyr

Old August 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the idea to run down, that is something I can try out. Not such a big deal right now as I am able to add spells manually one at a time, but as the campaign goes on it would be an incredible timesaver to be able to access the list. Or I suppose just not use the spell section of HL if it comes to it.
Rethlyr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Rethlyr

Old August 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks Shadow, I figured it out starting with what you gave me.

I started looking at the eval scripts and then decided to look at tags instead.

I went into the tags menu for the archetype, added:
GroupID: sClass
TagID: cHelpWiz

Boom, the archetype then had full access to the wizard spell list. I played around and added the sorcerer, cleric, and druid lists. I also changed the magus to a spontaneous caster the same way.

What is nice is that these things are done at the archetype level and very easily, so you can mess with the locked-content classes like the magus through an archetype that overrides the base class settings if you want them too. Easy customization and easy to remove.
Rethlyr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
KaitlynStuart

Old September 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Rethlyr,

Could you post the tag you added to the archetype to make the magus a spontaneous caster? I've been trying to figure it out, but I haven't had any luck so far...
KaitlynStuart is offline   #7 Reply With Quote