Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wootersl

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Need help. I'm creating a level 1 Gnome Oracle. Hero Lab shows that my character can select 2 extra languages beyond the default. My problem is that the languages show on the Background Tab and the Personal Tab. If I select the extra languages on one tab, they show I selected them on the other tab, but the other tab shows that I still have 2 languages to pick.

So, for example, if I choose Goblin and Dwarven on the Background Tab, it shows that I have made all my selections and everything is fine. However, on the Personal Tab, it shows the two new languages I chose and still says I have 2 languages to pick and shows the tab in red and an error.

What am I doing wrong?
wootersl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 9th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I'm not able to reproduce this on my end, so I need some more information.

1 - Is your herolab updated to the current release?
2 - Do you have any optional .user files installed?
3 - What is the source of your 2 extra languages? Is it from Int modifier, Linguistic Ranks, Traits, or some combination thereof?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wootersl

Old March 10th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Yes, I am updated and no user files activated. My extra languages was because I took the Gift of Tongues Alternate Racial Ability from the APG.
wootersl is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Gift of tongues doubles the effectiveness of linguistics ranks, so I'm assuming you took one rank of linguistics - that's why you have two languages waiting to be selected on the Personal tab.

Do you also have and INT of 14 or 15? Having an INT bonus of +2 means that you get to select 2 more languages, and those are selected on the Background tab.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wootersl

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:19 AM
No. You aren't understanding. I know I get the two languages. That's not the issue. The issue is that the two different tabs are not communicating properly. Before I select my two languages, both tabs show in red and tell me that I need to pick 2 languages. When I pick the two languages on one tab, it no longer shows in red and is fine, however, the other tab still shows in red, still says I have 2 languages to pick, and shows the two languages that I picked.

Like this:

Background
Common, Sylvan, Gnome, 2 starting languages left.

Personal
Common, Sylvan, Gnome, 2 starting languages left.

I go to the background tab and pick Goblin and Dwarven.

Background
Common, Sylvan, Gnome, Goblin and Dwarven. All languages learned.

Personal
Common, Sylvan, Gnome, Goblin and Dwarven. 2 Starting languages left.

It does it whether I select the languages on the Background or the Personal tab. They are no working properly.
wootersl is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Look for the delete buttons and the text color - only languages that show a delete button and are displayed in black are counting against the languages you have to pck on that tab. The ones in green are coming from somewhere else - either bonus languages or picks from the other list.

There need to be seperate lists because your race enforces a limited list of selections on the languages you get from Intelligence, but the languages from linguistics are unrestricted.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
wootersl

Old March 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I still don't think you are understanding. As my character is setup, with all the feats, intelligence score, whatever. I should have a total of 5 languages. My three default and 2 bonus from Linguistics. If I choose my 2 bonus languages on, say, the background tab, the program properly shows that I have 5 languages and I have no more to select. However, the Personal Tab shows that I only have 3 selected and still have 2 to choose.

I thought maybe I just needed to go into the languages under the personal tab and select the same two languages, but when I go into the selection screen the two languages that I chose on the Background tab and not in the list.

I really don't know any other way to explain it.
wootersl is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Select only 3 of those languages on the Background tab. That's where you add languages due to INT.
Select the other 2 on the Personal tab. That's where you add the languages due to Linguistics.

Do not select all 5 on a single tab.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootersl View Post
I really don't know any other way to explain it.
Can you tell us what your characters intelligence score is and what oracle curse you took?

I think the above info can help get everyone on the same page.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
wootersl

Old March 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Holy Cow. You mean that my character with an INT of 14 (+2) gets 2 Languages for the INT bonus and then 2 more languages for the Magical Linguist. So I get a total of 7 languages??
wootersl is offline   #10 Reply With Quote