Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hi all -
From Arcana Evolved from Monte Cook there were modifications to Unearthed Arcana's Paragon races. Some did a Dwarf Paragon conversion. I need help with the Evolved Human - and modified as below.
Our EH is d8 HD, grants a choice of 6 skills and 4+INT skill points /lvl. It also grants all simple weapons, and light armor, as well as a choice of one martial weapon.
It is a 3 level class. Fort and Will are good saves. Each level it grants +1 ability and 1 bonus feat. For spell casters, it's BAB+0/+1/+2 but grants +1 to existing spellcasting class. For combat classes, it grants +1BAB/+2/+3.
I think the granting of +BAB or spellcasting classes are the changes from Arcana Evolved's EH, but I don't have that book so I can't be sure.
I have no clue as to how to code this. I looked at the Dwarf Paragon and was going to make two classes - one EH(s) (spellcasters) and one EH(c) (combat) and go from that. But as it's all Latin to me, I haven't the slightest clue.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 11th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Got a little time and sleep so will give yea a hand here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
Hi all -
From Arcana Evolved from Monte Cook there were modifications to Unearthed Arcana's Paragon races. Some did a Dwarf Paragon conversion. I need help with the Evolved Human - and modified as below.
Our EH is d8 HD, grants a choice of 6 skills and 4+INT skill points /lvl. It also grants all simple weapons, and light armor, as well as a choice of one martial weapon. It is a 3 level class. Fort and Will are good saves.
This seems like it should be done as a 3 level PrC. Everything listed above can just be entered in the Class Tab for your class using just mouse clicks. Make sure you start from the Class tab and just go New(Blank).

Quote:
Each level it grants +1 ability and 1 bonus feat.
Bonus feat are configured on the class tab under the Bonus Feats Per Level. Its an array you enter into with 0 being 1st level. So in this case at Row 0 put a 1, in Row 1 put in a 2, in Row 2 put in a 3. This gives a bonus feat at each level. Then you just have to select in Bonus Feats Allowed button which feats can be selected. Under that you can check mark if you want those feats to Ignore Pre-Requisites if you wish.

The +1 to an ability I assume the player picks? If so you will need a new Class Special which will then be Bootstraps to the Class. Their is your favorite word again. This means to Attached one Thing to another so that when the Class gets added so will the Thing that is bootstrapped. In this case you want to use the Class Special Abilities to attach it so you can set what level to have the ability become active.

So under Racial Specials you can copy the Human Thing that gives a +2 bonus to ability score. So in the Racial Special do a New(Copy) of "+2 to One Ability Score(raAttr2Sel)". This will pretty much give you the script. The only difference is we want to check to see if a Class Special is active not a racial ability. So simply change the script to as follows:
Code:
~Pre-Attribures 5,000
      ~ If we're not shown, just get out now
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[aStartMod].value += 1
        endif
So using this script create a new Class Special with a new ID using the 3 letter id of your new class. In example cExh1Abil. Don't forget to copy over the Custom Expression from the Racial Special.

Now that that is created on the Class tab click the blue button Class Special Abilities and add the new Class Special(cExh1Abil) three times setting the Gain at Lvl to be 1,2,3 for the class specials. Now at each level the player will be able to pick which ability score gets +1.

Quote:
For spell casters, it's BAB+0/+1/+2 but grants +1 to existing spellcasting class. For combat classes, it grants +1BAB/+2/+3.
This means you will have to make a new different PrC so one for melee and one for spellcasters. For the +1 to existing spellcasting you set it on the class using Extra magic/Power Levels which is Array values again that start in Row 0 giving it a 1, Row 1 is 2, Row 2 is 3. Then set the Extra Level Restrictions to set if it should allow Divine or Arcane.

Hopefully that gets you going...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote