Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

morval

Old November 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
No problem, it must be something on my end. Happens with any classes actually. I won't worry about it just now. Thanks for looking.
I just updated the pathfinder .hl file to 8.0 and the community file and now it works.
morval is offline   #551
interestcurve

Old November 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Not sure if this is a simple problem or not, but I've been seeing a warning that I have missing sources from .por files I download from pathfinder srd hero lab repository.

RotRL Annivesary edition works well for the most part, with just a few monsters that seem to have missing sources, but this is what I got when I tried to load Crypt of the Everflame .por.

I'm using a mac, and I moved the Everflame .user file to the location given to me by selecting Tools > Program Data Folder, then into Pathfinder/Data folder.

Not sure what step I'm missing.

Edit: I also own all the required packages for HL Community Bestiary. Ultimate Magic/Combat, Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1,2,3.
interestcurve is offline   #552
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestcurve View Post
I'm using a mac, and I moved the Everflame .user file to the location given to me by selecting Tools > Program Data Folder, then into Pathfinder/Data folder.

Not sure what step I'm missing.

Edit: I also own all the required packages for HL Community Bestiary. Ultimate Magic/Combat, Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1,2,3.
On the d20pfsrd site their is two different Crypt of the Everflame files. One is a older standalone set of files and the other one is designed to work with the Community Bestiary.

The file "Crypt of the Everflame.zip" which is under the "Community Bestiary NPCs" folder is the one designed to work with the CB.

The file "Crypt_of_the_Everflame.zip" under the folder "Pathfinder Modules" is a stand alone addon that could be a little out of date.

Going by the fact that you inputted the .user file my guess is you have the 2nd file. Try downloading the first one instead after you remove the "Crypt_of_the_Everflame.user" file first.

I have plans to clean all of this all up as soon as I get some time....

Also note the minimum required licenses to load does not guarantee a file will not need additional sources. If a NPC has a feat from another book everything will load except that feat. For the Reign of Winter AP allot of the NPCs pull stuff from the Paths of Prestige source. So while not required to load the CB if you don't have the PoP opening up some of the NPCs will throw errors.

This will be same issue with the Wrath of the Righteous as I am sure that pulls allot of stuff from the Mythic rules.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #553
interestcurve

Old November 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Shadow. Thanks!

That was a great explanation and I hope that helps other users as well.
interestcurve is offline   #554
JoshTheBlack

Old November 7th, 2013, 04:48 AM
When opening the Reign of Winter (Ch 1, Part 2, P1) character Hommelstaub, I get the following error:

Code:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\DA5IDM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Hommelstaub'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'cOraWinter' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '656'
Pick 'cOraSnowSi' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '658'
I am new to the community bestiary and have no idea how to research or troubleshoot this issue. I have all of the listed prereqs (APG, B1-3, UC, UM) but no other data packages. Is there a way to see if I need another package for this file? Can anyone help me figure out how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
JoshTheBlack is offline   #555
bodrin

Old November 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTheBlack View Post
When opening the Reign of Winter (Ch 1, Part 2, P1) character Hommelstaub, I get the following error:

Code:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\DA5IDM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Hommelstaub'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Pick 'cOraWinter' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '656'
Pick 'cOraSnowSi' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '658'
I am new to the community bestiary and have no idea how to research or troubleshoot this issue. I have all of the listed prereqs (APG, B1-3, UC, UM) but no other data packages. Is there a way to see if I need another package for this file? Can anyone help me figure out how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
The minimum listed pre req books don't necessarily guarantee error free files. See the post by shadow prior to this one, The Reign of Winter AP uses feats from Paths of Prestige amongst others, if you don't have those sources either then you'll get the errors but still be able to see and use the NPC in HL, albeit with omitted data.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #556
JoshTheBlack

Old November 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
The minimum listed pre req books don't necessarily guarantee error free files. See the post by shadow prior to this one, The Reign of Winter AP uses feats from Paths of Prestige amongst others, if you don't have those sources either then you'll get the errors but still be able to see and use the NPC in HL, albeit with omitted data.
Thanks. I gathered that much. I was hoping for instructions on how to identify what data packages I would need to purchase based on the error presented. I have the PoP package now, but the same error is occuring. According to the book, the creature is from three sources, the Bestiary 3, APG, and the campaign specific bestiary.

I would like to know which packages I am still missing, but more importantly how I can find this information on my own in the future should I come across any other issues.

Thanks
JoshTheBlack is offline   #557
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTheBlack View Post
Thanks. I gathered that much. I was hoping for instructions on how to identify what data packages I would need to purchase based on the error presented. I have the PoP package now, but the same error is occuring. According to the book, the creature is from three sources, the Bestiary 3, APG, and the campaign specific bestiary.

I would like to know which packages I am still missing, but more importantly how I can find this information on my own in the future should I come across any other issues.

Thanks
Currently their is no easy way to do this. Basically we can gain allot of info about what something is based on its Unique ID. My guess is its Oracle Winter class ability based on the Unique ID of "cOraWinter"? I am guessing based on the "c" tell us its a Class Thing "Ora" tells us Oracle Class and "Winter" is something to do with the name of the ability.

So based on that info I assume its maybe a Oracle Mystery and went to d20pfsrd to look. And sure enough their is a Winter Mystery class ability for the Oracle. At the bottom of the page is a section 15 which says its from People of the North.

Like I said its not really a great way.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #558
JoshTheBlack

Old November 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Currently their is no easy way to do this. Basically we can gain allot of info about what something is based on its Unique ID. My guess is its Oracle Winter class ability based on the Unique ID of "cOraWinter"? I am guessing based on the "c" tell us its a Class Thing "Ora" tells us Oracle Class and "Winter" is something to do with the name of the ability.

So based on that info I assume its maybe a Oracle Mystery and went to d20pfsrd to look. And sure enough their is a Winter Mystery class ability for the Oracle. At the bottom of the page is a section 15 which says its from People of the North.

Like I said its not really a great way.

I see. This helps a lot, actually. Thanks.
JoshTheBlack is offline   #559
Armando Penblade

Send a message via AIM to Armando Penblade Send a message via Skype™ to Armando Penblade

Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
I can't be sure that it was these community files that got me here, but given that they're the only change I've made to my PF install recently, I figure it might be it.

All of my characters gain an extra feat when adding the first level of a class. For instance, a Half-Orc (no other choices made than Half-Orc) lists one feat in the Feats tab of PF. When I add a level of, say, Barbarian, the number of available feats rises to 2. This number remains 1 higher than it should be for the rest of leveling (so, 3 available feats for a HO Barb @ Lv3, 4 @ Lv 5, etc.). This stacks on top of bonus racial or class feats (so a Fighter gets to choose his Bonus feats in the Fighter tab and still has a spare one in the Feats tab; humans start play at Level 1 with 3 feats available before class choice is made, etc.).

Any thoughts on which book or source might be tacking on an extra feat for every character? It even happens on the custom races I've made for my homebrew game, so it's not just something affecting the standard PF races.

It occurs when building Hero characters, regardless of starting level, regardless of whether or not Hero Points or which point-buy is chosen, and again, the extra feat only shows up when the first level of any class is added.

Finally, I've insured that the "free Upbringing Feat" isn't checked.

Thoughts?

(The packages, aside from Community, that I have include CRB, APG, Beast1, 2, 3, ARG, UM, UE, and UCombat. This problem did not occur about 1 month ago before I installed the community packages).
Armando Penblade is offline   #560
Closed Thread