Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Actually, the weapon stats are added to the weapon tab once you add the shield. That way, you can equip the shield when you want to get the shield AC, equip the weapon when you want to shield bash, or both if you have the Improved Shield Bashing feat.

Since the masterwork/enchantment bonuses as a weapon are separate from the masterwork/enchantment bonuses as a shield, all the shields show up in the custom weapons section, with an edit button that allows you to go in and edit the weapon enchantments after you've added the shield.
Mathias is online now   #21 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Actually, I think the Klar is still the best option to copy for the weapon-shields like Klars, Scizore, etc. The options I've created can only be chosen from the shield tab, and the weapon version always shows up in the custom weapons section.
Yep that is what I have done so far with some additional coding to do for Shield Bash attacks. Are these new HL Shield Bash weapons special Things like Spiked Armor that we will have no access to from the editor?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:58 AM
The weapon stats for the shields are set up as specific weapons (they're on the Weapon, Magic tab). There's also a helper that stores the stats that's a regular weapon - the actual pick adds the helper to its gizmo, so that it can retrieve the stats like any other specific weapon would, and so that when you're modifying the enchantment, it's properly set up as wood or metal, and a bashing weapon, so that materials and item powers can check their prereqs properly.

(FYI, the shield spikes were moved out of that special armor-weapon category and remade as a normal item power, since all they now need to do is modify the weapon stats that are bootstrapped by that shield).
Mathias is online now   #23 Reply With Quote
xanthemann

Old April 20th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Personally I have been trying to create a battle gauntlet. Basically an articulated metal sleeve with a shield wrapped around the end, but keeping the hand free. It is to provide protection as a shield, but can also be used to bash the mess out of people and/or creatures.

The problem I have run into is similar to what I have read here. What would be the best way to properly represent this in both weapon and armor?
xanthemann is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
BeardedBobomb

Old August 17th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Hey guys, sorry to revive an old thread. But I'm making a shield basher and have a shield in Hero Lab, it's equipped as a shield but I see nothing in the Weapon tab in order to use it as a shield. I found this thread but the .user file is no longer available to include as a fix. What am I missing? I can sometimes find my way around in the Editor, so if I need to make the change myself I can try to do so.
BeardedBobomb is offline   #25 Reply With Quote