Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Harrek

Old September 12th, 2016, 09:56 AM
I've been going about trying to create NEW magic items in Hero Lab in order to handle a character having a stacked magic item. For example, an Amulet of Natural Armor and a Amulet of Mighty Fists. This works, but is very tedious in that you have to create a new item for every possible combination. And I can't imagine that most people using Herolab are going to do this. In addition you need to get this change sent to all the people playing who have Herolab, etc, etc. Managing and creating this is really not easy!

SO, I tried to think out of the box. What I did find is you CAN add 2 amulets and equip them both. It EVEN does give you both of the items bonuses. However you get the big red validation error for having 2 amulets equipped.

So what I was thinking might be a simple and elegant change would be a check box on items that over rides this error for that item and any resulting penalties (if there are others) for having too many items in a slot. This would then allow you to have the equivalent of both items but not have to go through the nasty process of adding custom items time and time again.

Would this be a difficult enhancement to Hero Lab? I think it would be great and then would allow many others to do this. I know my characters are starting to stack magic item effects but still want to continue to use Hero Lab.
Harrek is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 12th, 2016, 01:02 PM
The validation is being done by tags on the Hero actually that track the number of Picks that are equipped. I would advise making a Mechanic with a script that deletes the tag group off the Hero at like Final/10000. Then the validation scripts will never know that multiple items have been equipped.

Honestly though doing what your doing with magic items is not common. And my experience is that it breaks the game math very quickly. My group is never allowed to combine magic items together into the same slot.

I can add a to-do note to add an adjustment in the community Pack that could accomplish this also. But as the little I have seen in years most groups have "one" off magic items that combine magic together so the editor is the perfect soultion.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote