Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Yeah this still has several issues (hence being in Beta). I still want to get back to this addon but too many other high priority tasks are pulling me. When I do get back to this I think I have an idea for a better fix but it will most likely be a MAJOR change to the addon. Which is both good and bad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
Lycanphoenix

Send a message via Skype™ to Lycanphoenix

Old July 31st, 2015, 11:00 PM
I would like to report a bug.

Whenever I create a Gestalt character and enable Pathfinder Society content (be it with or without restrictions), the first level gets the full hit die (too much in fact), but all subsequent levels of Gestalt only add one hit point.

The Oracle's Hit Die is d8, the Sorcerer's hit die is d6. The Swashbuckler is d10, and Ninja is d8. The Bloodrager is d10.

My Gestalt Levels are:
Sorcerer/Oracle = Hit Die should be d8
Sorcerer/Oracle = Hit Die should be d8
Swashbuckler/Bloodrager Hit Die should be d10
Ninja/Bloodrager Hit Die should be d10

Obviously the Gestalt is not available in Pathfinder Society, but if it were then the Gestalt add-on for Hero Lab would need to be debugged. Also, that is not exactly idle, since Bloodrager and Swashbuckler have the same Hit Die (if I swapped 1st Level Oracle and 3rd Level Bloodrager, then I'd have two extra hit points), but that didn't occur to me when I took the screenshot.

Last edited by Lycanphoenix; August 2nd, 2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added picture; and there is no spoiler tag
Lycanphoenix is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
sixteenbiticon

Old October 27th, 2015, 07:35 PM
I am encountering the issue where I have no gestalt tab to select again, although this time I do not have any errors on start up and I have already updated to all of the 07-Sept-2015 community packs. I am not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? Everything is up to date on my end as far as I can tell.

Edit: And yes I have gestalt variant checked in the hero configuration.

Edit #2: I disabled the backgrounds tab from Ultimate Campaign thinking that it may have been interfering with the gestalt tab, but no luck. Still unable to get the gestalt tab to show up.

Last edited by sixteenbiticon; October 28th, 2015 at 04:40 AM.
sixteenbiticon is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
shcrole

Old April 14th, 2016, 05:56 PM
First, in regard to more save progression fun, the fractional saves option from pathfinder unchained adds an additional +2 to all fast saves, so when gestalting a paladin ranger you receive a base of +4 to all saves. Also among the character level goodness, I noticed 2 other issues. First is that you are given an extra feat at first level as herolab thinks you are third level. I found this out by looking at the second issue which is also from the unchained add-on. The variant multiclassing option acts as though the characters were level 3 and gives them their initial ability in exchange for a feat. I'm sorry if I just misunderstood most of the posts prior to this and these issues have already been brought to your attention.
shcrole is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 30th, 2016, 09:59 PM
As a note to future confused users, here is the procedure for using the Gestalt package, in full, gory detail.

1) Set up the community repository (full instructions for this step)

2) Once it is set up, go to the Find Updates tab, look for the Gestalt package, select it, and click Download.

It will download, then you will need to click "Start Import", followed by acknowledging that Lone Wolf did not make or review these files. Then click Finished, and load Pathfinder.

3) In the Hero Configuration, turn on the gestalt rules:

I also recommend scrolling to the bottom of the configure screen and setting the XP mode to "No XP Required for Advancement". It just simplifies things a bit, because otherwise Hero Lab will constantly be complaining that you haven't got enough XP to be level 6 when what you've actually got is 2 gestalt levels.

4) Go to the Classes tab and add levels to your PC. Start with the Gestalt class:

The gestalt tab will not appear until you have added a level of Gestalt. Once you have done so, add the two classes you want to mix.

5) Finally, go to the Gestalt tab and select the two classes you added.

There are a couple of steps in the set up that haven't always been explicitly stated before, namely turning it on in the Hero Configuration and adding levels of "Gestalt" to your PC. I hope this helps someone.
wdmartin is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old May 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM
That will probably help many people and answer many questions.
Dwayne is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 1st, 2016, 06:04 PM
Sweet thanks wdmartin.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old May 4th, 2016, 06:18 PM
I tried this out for the first time and all I get when I try to pick classes under the Gestalt tab is "nothing to select".

Last edited by Dwayne; May 4th, 2016 at 06:20 PM.
Dwayne is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 4th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I tried this out for the first time and all I get when I try to pick classes under the Gestalt tab is "nothing to select".
What two classes did you add to your character that you want to gestalt?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old May 4th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Nevermind. I see what I did wrong. Sorry for the trouble.
Dwayne is offline   #120 Reply With Quote