Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
'protection from arrows' or 'mirror image' it doesn't exist on the 'Adjustment' Tab.
Just an FYI I did add Prot from Arrows. As I did miss it originally but added it when I need to do a NPC for one of the books. That did get into the official data set.

But correct I didn't do any thing like Mirror Image. Though thought about it for those that use the tactical console that it maybe handy but I don't actually use HL as a DM during a game. So was not sure.

Would having spells that do no mechanical changes be good to have on the Spell Adjust tab?

I did add some spells that had no mechanical change if they had very long durations like Endure Elements. I did this as it could actually last over multiple real world game sessions and it would be helpful I thought for players to remember that it was still on.

chava if you do add in all the spells to the adjustment tab if it does not get put in officially we can add it to the community site so that others can benefit from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
Maybe the powers that be can add a "Generic" one to that area that has no mechanical effect but allows the user to enter text. You could add it several times for each unique spell you want to track.
Oh that would be the nicest way actually. Plus easy to support new spells and 3PP spells then even...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
chava

Old April 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
That would be awesome ~

Especially for high level games (like the one I am running for my wonderful SO, where is 24th level), it is so much easier to run combat from the console - but remembering the few spells that aren't there... I get disorganized.
chava is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Pappy

Old April 21st, 2011, 09:30 PM
I use HL extensively as a DM. As mentioned earlier, conditions and spell effects are easily added. But by far the biggest help to our game as been the tactical console. Now that we have had a taste of new initiative order calculated by HL for each new round we simply can't imagine going back to one roll at the beginning of combat. As DM I can quickly create duplicate and new enemies and integrate them to combat on the fly. Lethal and non-lethal damage is easily tracked.

The software doesn't do absolutely everything. For example conditions that have a time duration of rounds or minutes do not automatically reduce as the rounds tick by. But this is a minor issue. HL has made for a much more dynamic game experience and I cannot imagine DM'ing without it! Monster creation is an absolute breeze, and I also use it to validate player PC's to make sure that no fuzzy math is being used inadvertently. In most cases players have short-changed themselves. My good players love the program, and my cheaters... well who cares what they think anyway?
Pappy is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Lots of good stuff
Amen to that!
Lord Magus is offline   #14 Reply With Quote