Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandari View Post
Furious Focus - this feat removes the Power Attack to-hit penalty on the first attack of a round. I can take the feat in HL, but when I click on Power Attack, the attack string still shows the Power Attack penalty on the first attack. Can this be scripted in to show the proper attack string?
I decided against altering the display of the first bonus, because that first bonus also applies to Attacks of Opportunity later in the round. I'd rather that a user remember to apply a situational modifier (this feat), than have to remember to undo a situational modifier.
Mathias is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
From the Conversion Guide (emphasis mine):

"A monk’s base attack bonus when performing a flurry of blows is now equal to his level. His attacks are made as if using Two-Weapon Fighting (and its improvements at later levels). Table 3–10 summarizes these bonuses. Change your flurry of blows base bonuses to match these values (plus any increases to your base attack bonus from other classes, which might give you additional attacks with your primary strike). Note that other increases to your base attack bonus do not increase the number of attacks you can make with your off hand, as the bonus feats to gain these attacks are not gained until you reach the required level of monk."

Apologies in advance if there's been a different answer on this from Paizo - I couldn't find one but I have trouble navigating the Paizo boards sometimes.
From the Core Rulebook, pg 57:
Quote:
For the purpose of these attacks, the monk's base attack bonus is equal to his monk level.
There's no second sentence allowing the BAB from other classes, and I'd say the Core Rulebook shouldn be followed rather than the conversion guide.
Mathias is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
From the Core Rulebook, pg 57:
There's no second sentence allowing the BAB from other classes, and I'd say the Core Rulebook shouldn be followed rather than the conversion guide.
The BAB from the Monk's class even when flurrying DOES stack with other classes. If it didn't it would be a MAJOR draw back for the class if they ever multiclassed. Plus this would be very strange as the default behavior of BAB is to stack from other classes and if it didn't their would have to be a special notation saying its an exception to the normal rules.

HERE is the link to Jason clarifying that a Monk 5/Fighter 5 that did Flurry would have a +10 BAB.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So a player pointed out a issue with a custom racial weapon of mine and I checked with a core item and it does the same thing.

Here are the steps to duplicate it.
-New character
-Take one level in fighter
-Take race of Dwarf
-Go to weapons tab and try and add a Custom/Magical Dwarven Waraxe.
-In the list it shows "Waraxe, Dwarven" as being not proficient.

If you select the weapon it calcs correctly and if you go back into the list this time it shows it correctly.

Thanks
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that the wEasyRace mechanism wasn't working for a custom weapon. I've gotten that fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
HL is granting Animal Companions their racial bonuses to Skills. Per the discussion linked below this is not accurate.

Animal Companion Racial Skills Discussion
I'll hold off on this fix until it's an official errata - I think most people will want to house rule it to the way HL currently handles it, and it'll be easier to remove than re-add.

(hopefully the errata is that they explicitly add those skill bonuses to the companion descriptions).
Mathias is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Take any old new character and and add a heavy steel shield under the Armor tab. Then switch to the Weapon tab and click on the "Edit This Weapon" button next to the Shield, Heavy Steel. Make the weapon Masterwork. You will notice that the name changes from "Shield, Heavy Steel" to "Mastework" not "Masterwork Shield, Heavy Steel".
Thanks for the report. I've added this to my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvenMike View Post
Very minor PDF (standard sheet) issue with sorcerer spells. In Hero Labe, number of 0-level spells for a first level sorcerer correctly lists as 4/4, but when converted to PDF for the standard sheet, the Spell & Powers section lists Spells Known/Per day as 4/99x0. Spells of other levels display the per day value correctly.
Quote:
Actually wouldn't the 4/4 be the incorrect value as 0-level spells are unlimited use per day? Which is what the 4/99x0 is trying to say....
I've changed it to 4/*x0, so that it's more clear about the unlimited uses/day.
Mathias is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
Sorcerer with Bloodline Arcana must choose only one Knowledge skill from add to his class skill list.
Now Hero Lab adds all Knowledge skill at class skill list.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I was just creating a few adjustments for common spells. When I got to Magic Vestment, I selected "Current Armor" in the Show Menu dropdown. When I added the adjustment to a character, it didn't give me anything to choose from despite the character having armor and a shield. When I selected "Current Equipment" instead then all his gear was listed, including the armor and shield.

"Current Weapon" seems to work OK so I think the bug is just with "Current Armor".
Mathias is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Dragonhide isn't allowed in PFS yet HL allows it.
Dragonhide isn't available as a standard purchase, but if made available through a chronicle sheet's list of magic items you can purchase, it would be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Same for all Beastiary races (aasimar etc) are not PFS legal but is currently allowed.
Mathias is offline   #100 Reply With Quote