Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Schedim

Old March 19th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Has there been any thoughts about this?
Pathfinder Unchained

Is it mechanically to different or way out to the left for inclusion?
Schedim is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:21 PM
The Authoring "kit" which is what LW uses to make Pathfinder is incredibly flexible. It may take some time but Mathias and Aaron are wizards with it so I see no reason why it will not get fully added.

So if something is "really" crazy it may not come out the day of release but it will get added. Just like all the other things got added (ARG, Mythic, Ultimate Campaign, armies) etc...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Schedim

Old March 20th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I wasn't really expecting HL to fail, as much as "this is to complicated to lay down the work to add it" factor.

I tries to learn to tame this beast, but there is something in the logic that still eludes me, making it difficult, but one day my learning curve will be above the threshold, and I will soar to new heights...
Schedim is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old March 20th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Pathfinder unchained will pose difficulties as it changes core classes/rules, and if you do not want unchained it would have not make those changes to the core rules.

Personally I think this represents a huge failure in my opinion of Paizo, never mix and match versions, now we have updated "some" rules/classes and but not others.

Very disappointed they are heading down the same road Wizards did before. But more so this must be a nightmare update for HL, as our group right now hs decided to leave unchained where we think it belongs, in the trash, but others may embrace it and love it, but HL will have to find away to support them both.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old March 20th, 2015, 04:56 AM
I don't think its going to be particularly hard to implement (I say without seeing it). My feeling is that the summoner is going to look a lot like the spiritualist, monk will have full BAB and some more things it can do with ki, the barbarian will have its rage mechanic changed to something more like the pool system most other classes now use. Have no idea about the rogue though. There will probably be a check box on the configure your hero menu to choose of you're using (an) unchained class(es).

The changes to iterative attacks whatever they are will also have check boxes to enable them.

This won't be sweeping changes to the system, its a series of optional rules. More like Unearthed Arcana than 3.0>3.5
radionausea is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Pathfinder unchained will pose difficulties as it changes core classes/rules, and if you do not want unchained it would have not make those changes to the core rules.
For all purposes these represent "new" rules not changes. You activate the "source" or not. Boom done!

Quote:
Personally I think this represents a huge failure in my opinion of Paizo, never mix and match versions, now we have updated "some" rules/classes and but not others.
Good thing its NOT a new version or an update to the rules. So you won't be disappointed at all! Just like how Unearthed Arcana was not a NEW rule set. Its a large number of variant rules. You use them or you don't. No different than Army Rules, City Building Rules, Downtime rules, retraining rules, Armor as DR, Words of Power, and dozens of other Variant rules Paizo has done.

None of them is a "new" version and neither is this.

Quote:
Very disappointed they are heading down the same road Wizards did before. But more so this must be a nightmare update for HL, as our group right now hs decided to leave unchained where we think it belongs, in the trash, but others may embrace it and love it, but HL will have to find away to support them both.
If Paizo was heading towards what WotC I would be disappointed also but sense they are going no where NEAR that path we can all stay happy!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 22nd, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Schedim

Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:36 AM
As I'm a habitual tinkerer I just love to see what options and ideas they bring to the table this time!
Schedim is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 24th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I'm sure someone at LWD has thought of this, but I'm hoping that the new class variants aren't all-or-nothing: I want to be able to use the new rogue, but not the new barbarian (or vice-versa, or whatever other combination is suitable).

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 24th, 2015, 03:32 PM
My guess is the new classes will be entered as separate classes and be called something like Monk (Unchained), Rogue (Unchained), etc.
AndrewD2 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old March 24th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Since they're all variants; probably the easiest way to implement them would be along the lines of Archetypes
I.e. add class "Monk", Archetype "Unchained Monk", or something along those lines; It could replace all or any of the appropriate class abilities with others, leaving behind anything that would stay the same
As well, it would still allow other Archetypes to be used (or, alternatively, if others get errata'd to replace [core]A ~or~ [unchained]B, it'd just take a tweak to how archetypes work; potentially along the lines of prereqs)

Of course, we can't really tell until either a playtest or the real deal comes out in a few weeks, but we can always brainstorm

The above is how I'd do it without rewriting the entire character engine

Alternatively, of course, they could be built as new classes, but in that case there'd be reams and reams of already-defined rules/abilities/things that use the core abilities as prereqs, that would all need to be extended to support the potential new abilities

Last edited by nullPointer; March 24th, 2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Parse error in parenthesis
nullPointer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote