Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNorfolk View Post
Okay with the following packages for HL:

Pathfinder RPG:
Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide
Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Campaign Setting #2, Pathfinder RPG Core, Pathfinder RPG Playtest Material

and the community SGG package I have no problems.

Then I add the Community Bestiary and I get this:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'ruJinmenju' - Bootstrap thing 'spSharMem2' does not exist
Thing 'ruJinmenju' - Undefined tag 'Target.spSharMem2' referenced in bootstrap

All I really need is the Kingmaker AP stuff.

Cheers
Mark
Well this is why I list the packages as "Required" as I know it won't load without them. Too many things are interconnected.

I am very sorry but it would take more time than I have to spend to figure out if you could remove just the Kingmaker stuff. You would have to try in a clean data set of Pathfinder and try adding just the files needed and then re-load and see what errors you get. Similar to above. Then use a search tool to search the .user files for those "Things" and figure out which file is needed.

Keep adding these files until either it loads you find something that requires "UM" or "UC". Then you would have to use the editor to remove those "Things" that are being bootstrapped.

My guess is this will take some time as its a bit of guess work.

Here is the list of files that I know you would need at the bear minimum:
AP031_Stolen_Land.user
AP31 - KM - Bestiary - C1 to C6.stock
AP034_Blood for Blood.user
AP035_War of the River Kings.user
AP036_Sound of a Thousand Screams.user
AP037_Souls For Smuggler's Shiv.user
PFRPG_Bestiary_Sources.1st
PFRPG_Bestiary_Tags.user
PFRPG_Bestiary_UniversialAbilities.user

Thats what I would start with. I wish you luck and hope you can just pull out the Kingmaker stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #271
frumple

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullyn View Post
Not to sound like a pest (which is always said right before someone starts being a pest) but any ETA on when the bestiary files will be complete for Shards of Sin, the first book in the new Shattered Star AP (#61)? I'm actually going to be starting to run this in a couple of weeks and having these files would save me a ton of time.

Random aside, great site and giant kudos to all the work everyone puts in. As a father of 5 I can appreciate the time it takes to do all that work and I deeply appreciate the effort put forth by the community to save the likes of me time and effort.
I just uploaded the Shards of Sin (bestiary & .por files) to the community folder (along with From Hell's Heart from Skull & Shackles). So I guess as soon as Shadow Chemosh get his hands on them they will be released.

- Frumple
frumple is offline   #272
ShadowChemosh

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post
I just uploaded the Shards of Sin (bestiary & .por files) to the community folder (along with From Hell's Heart from Skull & Shackles). So I guess as soon as Shadow Chemosh get his hands on them they will be released.

- Frumple
I am going to try very hard for this weekend. I think it will be much easier on everyone if I don't wait so long to do a release on something as large as the CB.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #273
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Very simply put. You. Guys. Rock. Many thanks. I deeply appreciate the time and effort on this.
Cullyn is offline   #274
MarkNorfolk

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:57 AM
[QUOTE=ShadowChemosh;91878]Well this is why I list the packages as "Required" as I know it won't load without them. Too many things are interconnected.
QUOTE]

Thanks for your replies and time. And I appreciate the work you've put into all this extra stuff and made it free to us users you don't really want to venture further than the front end of the software. But the community bestiary is now off-limits to me (I also don't have the time to experiment with all the permutations of files).

Cheers
Mark
MarkNorfolk is offline   #275
risner

Old September 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNorfolk View Post
But the community bestiary is now off-limits to me
Unfortunately, without linking it to the various books the community Bestiary would need to duplicate features available in the various books. This duplication would be confusing and wasteful if you also had the various data sets from wolflair. Not to mention the potential issues of other items triggering off those duplicated features that wouldn't know the duplicated item was "identical" and therefore not enhance the duplicated one.

So the best thing is to tie to the data sets (like Ultimate Magic/Combat etc.)

Last edited by risner; September 7th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
risner is offline   #276
ValaraukarU

Old September 7th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frumple View Post

- Frumple
I guess that means I am not needed. Thanks Frumple and Shadow
ValaraukarU is offline   #277
MarkNorfolk

Old September 8th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Unfortunately, without linking it to the various books the community Bestiary would need to duplicate features available in the various books. This duplication would be confusing and wasteful if you also had the various data sets from wolflair. Not to mention the potential issues of other items triggering off those duplicated features that wouldn't know the duplicated item was "identical" and therefore not enhance the duplicated one.

So the best thing is to tie to the data sets (like Ultimate Magic/Combat etc.)
Fair enough. I'll just build the encounters swapping in the options available to me....

Cheers
Mark
MarkNorfolk is offline   #278
Lord Magus

Old September 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
A quick request, if I may...

An Adjustment that would allow choosing one of the base creature's special abilities and disabling it. Would be quite useful to enter some "variant" monsters found in modules. Thanks for the great work; those Adjustments, in particular, are invaluable!
Lord Magus is offline   #279
ShadowChemosh

Old September 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hello All,

New Updates.

Latest Updates September 8, 2012

New PFRPG_Adjustments.user 9/8/2012. by ShadowChemosh. New adjustments file that holds many useful adjustments for both players and DMs. This is in the zMisc folder. This .user file adds all the following with the latest updates in blue.
  • Added "Racial Ability, Disable" adjustment that allows you to pick a Racial Ability and disable it. Please note that why this will work most of time somethings in HL are not coded to stop working when disabled.
  • Added "Weapon Order" that allows you to change the display order of weapons both in HL and a printed character sheet. Please read the detailed help on the adjustment for how this works. What you are doing is setting the Priority of the weapon in the list to a value of 1 to 10. The default value is zero so a weapon set to 1 will display before all the zero priority weapons. A weapon set to 2 is displayed before all the priority 1 and 0 weapon in the list etc etc...
  • Added "Weapon Flurry: Melee Attack Bonus" and "Weapon Flurry: Ranged Attack Bonus" adjustments which allow adjusting the new "Flurry" values that HL added in Pathfinder v6.20.
  • Added "Natural Weapon: Size" adjustment that increases or decreases the die size of a natural weapon.
  • Added "Caster Level" adjustment to just change the caster level of a single class.
  • Added Betsuni's "Weapon CMB" weapon adjustment that adjusts HL's global values based on the weapon you equip. This is useful when using HL software at the game table. So you activate the adjustment and then when you equip a Flail HL will show the +2 bonus you have on CMB Disarm manuevers.
  • Added new "Weapon Bonus" that gives a bonus to both attack and damage at the same time. No more need for two separate adjustments.
  • Added new "Character Sheet: DM" adjustment that causes everything on your character to print to your character sheet. This includes racial specials that don't normally print to your sheet. This is very useful when sending a pdf of your character to a DM who does not have Hero Lab. Abilities that provide static bonus to skills in example don't print to a character sheet. Making it very hard for a DM to figure out what is going on.
  • Added new "Weapon: Custom Text" adjustment so you that whatever you type into the (Source) box gets displayed next to your weapon in HL or on a printed character sheet. For all those looking for Flurry of Blows this is a nice comprise for now as you can type in your FoB values yourself to remind you during the game.
  • Added new "Weapon: Bane Dmg" adjustment so that you can correctly apply the Bane weapon property bonus to a weapon and have it remind you of the +2d6 damage.
  • Added new "Weapon: Vicious Dmg" adjustment so that you can display the +2d6, 1d6 to self damage next to your vicious weapon.
  • You can now add any of the following natural attacks to any creature/race/character. Once added you can easily adjust what the name of the natural attack is and you can up or down the die size. The natural weapons added are: Bite, Claw, Gore, Slam, Sting, Tail Slap, Talons, and Wing.
  • The Grab special attack is added as an adjustment now. Once added the Grab racial ability will display on the character. You then select the attack this is associated to and the wording " (plus grab)" shows next to the natural attack to remind you.
  • Poison Attacks added. You select the type of poison ie (Natural Weapon: Poison, CON) would add a CON damaging poison. Then you select the natural weapon the poison is associated to so that the wording " (plus CON poison)" displays next to the natural attack. Then use the counter to set the die size (ie 1d4, 1d6), the (source) section lets you set the number of additional saves required. Finally the duration section lets you set the number of rounds the poison lasts for with 1 round as the default.
  • Saving Throw for each specific bonus type (ie Alchemical, Circumstance, Enhancement, Insight, Luck, Morale, Profane, Resistance, Sacred and Trait). These will NOT stack with a similar type of bonus. I needed this for my own games so my players could do quick adjusts by bonus type.
  • Armor Class adjustments for the following: Armor, Deflection, Dodge, Natural, Shield, and Touch.
  • Damage Reduction adjustment that lets you either remove DR, change DR to a different type (ie from Slashing to Evil) or adjust the DR value to what ever you wish. You can also use this adjustment to REMOVE the DR of a creature. The Damage Reductions included are: -, Adamantine, Bludgeoning, Evil, Good, Magic, Piercing, Silver, and Slashing.
  • Weapon CMB/CMD adjustments. These adjustments let you add additional information to your weapons. For example lets say you have a weapon that gives a +2 CMB when doing trip. You would select the "Weapon Trip: CMB" adjustment, select your weapon, and set the counter to +2. The wording of "Trip-CMB+" will appear next to your weapon with your current Trip CMB value including the +2 from the adjustment. So if your character currently has a +10 to trip it would read "Trip-CMB+12" next to your weapon. The adjustments are the following: Weapon Trip: CMB, Weapon Trip: CMD, Weapon Disarm: CMB, Weapon Disarm: CMD, Weapon Sunder: CMB, Weapon Sunder: CMD, Weapon: CMB, Weapon: CMD.
  • Weapon elemental damage. These adjustments let you add the wording of +1d6 next to a weapon. The ones included are for: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic.
  • Weapon Crit Multiplier - Lets you set the critical multiplier of a weapon from x2 to x4.
  • Weapon Crit Range - Lets you set the critical threat range of a weapon from 10 to 20. You use the counter to set the range so a counter value of 1 would give the weapon a 19-20 crit range. A value of 2 gives it a 18-20 crit range and so on.
Download PFRPG_Adjustments.user at d20pfsrd in the zMisc folder at the very bottom.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #280
Closed Thread