Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prethen

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:31 AM
One area I think that HL can improve upon is the printing. The sheets generally look great. However, instead of radio buttons for the Dossiers selection, how about checkboxes so that multiple can be chosen and a fuller version of the character details can be printed at once without having to keep going back to the print options?

Also, I think it would be really cool if the screen would have much more linkability between the items listed on various information screens and the ability to click on them to go to their appropriate edit screens. There is some of that, at least for hover information, in some areas, but more the better!

Still a great product!
Prethen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Have you tried the Custom sheets yet?? They are honestly as good if not better then the character sheets that Paizo puts out for Pathfinder
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old November 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Have you tried the Custom sheets yet?? They are honestly as good if not better then the character sheets that Paizo puts out for Pathfinder
I guess I'm too lazy to go through that work. I'm pretty much all right with what's already there. Maybe somebody has some "better" sheets that can be shared with other HL users?
Prethen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prethen View Post
I guess I'm too lazy to go through that work. I'm pretty much all right with what's already there. Maybe somebody has some "better" sheets that can be shared with other HL users?
If your using Pathfinder you find them in the "Update" section. Specifically AncientOne's is very easy to customize.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Basara549

Old December 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
SC: Still, having the option to print both the character sheet, and the other (Spell descriptions, equipment) sheets at the same time (as the original poster suggested) would be a great improvement.

While typically I only reprint spell lists when a character levels and adds a new spell, I do HL for everyone's characters in our campaign, and having to go to "Print Portfolio" 2 or 3 times for some characters, and select a different aspect of the character each time, is a pain.
Basara549 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basara549 View Post
SC: Still, having the option to print both the character sheet, and the other (Spell descriptions, equipment) sheets at the same time (as the original poster suggested) would be a great improvement.
I will point you to AncientOnes sheet as it does exactly this. The only thing it does not print is the journals.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote