Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
(a bug reports thread for the 2/22/11 update to the Pathfinder files).
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Chainmail Barding says that it costs 150GP. The description says that it is a suit of Chainmail Barding designed for a Riding Dog or other medium sized mount. However, Barding for a Medium mount is x2 the cost of the armor. Thus, Riding Dog chainmail should be 300, and a chainshirt should be 200GP.
I know that I had created a data file for this fix a while back, but I don't have it enabled for this latest update.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chava

Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Characters with Defensive Combat Training ~ CMD is still using BAB rather than HD for calculation.
chava is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Demonic Boon says I have no Choices for my powers so I cant even put the powers into the character
Virtue is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Thresherinc

Old February 24th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Tengu is not recognised as a valid character race for the Pathfinder Society.
Thresherinc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Bug in Unarmed Strike vs Brass Knuckles (and maybe Cestus too but I didn't check)

Paizo will post FAQ or Errat on the RAW in regard to this problem. Here are a couple posts saying they should be separate from Unarmed Strikes.
SKR talking on how Cestus/Brass Knuckles are not Unarmed Strike attacks
SKR says they are 100% not like Unarmed Strikes

So there are two possible interpretations of RAW, and HL uses a third.

HL doesn't allow you to choose Weapon Focus Brass Knuckles.
HL doesn't provide Weapon Focus Unarmed Strike bonuses to BK.
HL doesn't use the highest enhancement bonus available between BK and Unarmed Strike.

The two possible interpretations are as follows and it would be good if HL picked one:
1) They are the same weapon. +5 BK grants +5 enhancement bonus to the Unarmed Strike Weapon, uses Unarmed Strike damage, and displays any bonuses you have to Unarmed Strike (best way to handle this is my FoB mod taking bonuses from Unarmed Strike and add weapon enhancement.)

2) They are different weapons. +5 BK doesn't make your Unarmed Strike +5 to hit. You must choose between WF Unarmed Strike and WF Brass Knuckles. You gain no benefit from tohit/todamage on Unarmed Strike for BK but BK uses Unarmed Strike damage dice. Best way to fix this is to take the "Don't Allow Selection?" check mark off BK.

The weapon as it is now in the dataset is option 2 with the checkmark checked. I'd suggest removing that checkmark or implementing option 1.

This really should be a house rule option, as it is heavily debated. I play a Monk in PFS from level 1 to 12 (waiting on playing the Tier 12 arc) and I've found about half the DM's play it one way and the other half the other way. I hate that it is debated, but I've mostly not noticed this bug in HL until someone mentioned you can't choose WF for Brass Knuckles.

Last edited by risner; February 24th, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
risner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresherinc View Post
Tengu is not recognised as a valid character race for the Pathfinder Society.
It isn't valid, which is probably why it isn't recognized.
Unless you can give a reference to where it is allowed?
risner is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
Characters with Defensive Combat Training ~ CMD is still using BAB rather than HD for calculation.
I am assuming your looking at the Printed character sheet? The BAB value does not change their but the HD is being used to calculate the final value.

I just created a 2nd level rogue with 10 Str and Dex. With the feat HL shows 12 for the CMD value which is correct even though the printed sheet shows that only +1 BAB is being added in.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Point Blank Master for 6th Level Ranger gets to use weapon focus instead of weapon spec. I had a player in my Wed night PFS use this feat from 6th level Ranger.

So I coded up a fix that I believe should work well. It checks if a Ranger bonus feat and if so checks if WF is assigned. I tested as a Ranger bonus feat at 6th, as a normal feat with a 6th ranger. Both seem to work and I think if any case ignores prereqs it should continue to work as normal.

Code:
  <thing id="fPoiintBM" name="Point Blank Master (fixed)" description="You are adept at firing ranged weapons in close quarters.\n\n{b}Prerequisites{/b}: Weapon Specialization with selected ranged weapon.\n\n{b}Benefit{/b}: Choose one type of ranged weapon. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when firing the selected weapon while threatened.\n\n{b}Normal{/b}: Using a ranged weapon while you are threatened provokes attacks of opportunity.\n\n{b}Special{/b}: Starting at 6th level, a ranger with the archery combat style may select Point Blank Master as a combat style feat, but he must have Weapon Focus instead of Weapon Specialization in the selected weapon." compset="Feat" summary="You do not provoke AoO for firing the selected ranged weapon." replaces="fPointBMas" uniqueness="useronce">
    <fieldval field="usrCandid1" value="component.BaseWep &amp; wCategory.Range? &amp; !Helper.NoSelect &amp; !component.Specific &amp; !wCategory.Ammunition"/>
    <tag group="fShowWhat" tag="WeaponsRan"/>
    <tag group="fCategory" tag="Combat"/>
    <tag group="ChooseSrc1" tag="Thing"/>
    <tag group="BonusFor" tag="RgrArch6"/>
    <eval phase="PreLevel" priority="5000"><![CDATA[
      ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
      doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
      var id as string
      id = field[usrChosen1].chosen.idstring
      foreach thing in BaseWep where "IsWeapon." & id
        perform eachthing.amendthing[description,eachthing.field[descript].text & "{br}{br}{b}Addition from Point Blank Master{/b}: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity for firing this weapon."]
        nexteach]]></eval>
    <evalrule phase="Validation" priority="5000" message="Point Blank Master without Weapon Specialization." summary="Point Blank Master without Weapon Specialization."><![CDATA[      ~if we come from a bonus feat from Ranger and a weapon is chosen
      if (tagis[BonusFeat.cHelpRgr] + field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 2) then

~we'll use the chosen weapon's unique ID to construct the tag that will be assigned to the hero if the hero has weapon focus for this weapon
        var searchexpr as string
        searchexpr = "WepFocus." & field[usrChosen1].chosen.idstring

~we're good if the hero has that weapon specialization tag
        validif (hero.tagcountstr[searchexpr] <> 0)
        ~otherwise specify the error messages
        @message = "Point Blank Master taken without Weapon Focus for " & field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[name].text & "."
        @summary = "Point Blank Master without Weapon Focus."
      else
        validif (tagis[thing.skipprereq] <> 0)
      endif

~if a weapon's been selected for this feat
      if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then

~we'll use the chosen weapon's unique ID to construct the tag that will be assigned to the hero if the hero has weapon focus for this weapon
        var searchexpr as string
        searchexpr = "WepSpec." & field[usrChosen1].chosen.idstring

~we're good if the hero has that weapon specialization tag
        validif (hero.tagcountstr[searchexpr] <> 0)

~otherwise specify the error messages
        @message = "Point Blank Master taken without Weapon Specialization for " & field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[name].text & "."
        @summary = "Point Blank Master without Weapon Specialization."

~if nothing has been selected for this feat, we'll let other rules handle that
      else
        @valid = 1
        endif]]></evalrule>
    <exprreq message="Weapon Specialization required."><![CDATA[tagis[WepSpec.?] <> 0]]></exprreq>
    </thing>
risner is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Risner, PLEASE stop throwing large blocks of code at me with insufficient description. I do not have the time needed to read and understand your code to figure out what you're trying to tell me.

Last edited by Mathias; February 24th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote