Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Globetrotter

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Only when combined with a manufactured weapon otherwise a bite attack should be full plus 1.5 as it is the only natural attack. So if you equip a manufactured weapon then the -5/.5Str is applied correctly. Or at least it is on my copy.
Except that in the feat description it says your strength modifier, not 1.5 times your strength modifier. Do you have a different version of the APG than I do? I am using the first print run.
Globetrotter is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Rithralas

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:42 AM
There is a Qadira trait that allows you to pick a spell and forever cast that spell at +1 caster level...I don't think that the software is adding +1 to the save DC of same. I'm under the assumption that it should....I could be mistaken.
Rithralas is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Except that in the feat description it says your strength modifier, not 1.5 times your strength modifier. Do you have a different version of the APG than I do? I am using the first print run.
I was quoting the normal rules for Natural Attacks: "If a creature has only one natural attack, it is always made using the creature's full base attack bonus and adds 1-1/2 the creature's Strength bonus on damage rolls. "

So I was just pointing out that is what HL is applying as it is a natural attack. It would be up to HL or Mathais if he was to add a special TAG to make this one ability work different then the normal rules.

Plus I think if we could ever get Paizo to give an official answer that they will say that it should work like the normal core rules for natural attacks.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Jim.DiGriz

Old October 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
The info text for the spell Animal Growth says "One animal/two levels doubles in size". According to the PRD the spell affects one animal, not 1 per 2 levels.
Jim.DiGriz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I just created a first-level gnome Wizard. I gave him a large crossbow and equipped it in both hands. In Hero Lab, his to-hit bonus with the crossbow is +2, as it should be (+1 size, +1 dex). However, on the Print Preview, it shows his attack bonus as -2. The portfolio is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zarzuket.zip (17.6 KB, 1 views)
FifthWanderer is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalad View Post
The ogres base speed is wrong. It is 30, when it should be 40 ft.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitilus View Post
I have both a Druid and Inquisitor that are showing "Unwitting Ally" as a 0 Level Spell for them. It only shows on the Spell Sheets.
Can you try something for me, please? Create a new druid and/or inquisitor (as a new character), give them a few spells, and take a look at their spell sheets - do they have this problem? If they don't have the problem, it's probably a bug I've seen before with some 0-level spells that hang around on older portfolios, but I haven't managed to track down yet.

If the new characters don't have this problem, would you mind emailing the old ones to me - my email is my user name here, @wolflair.com, hopefully that'll help track the bug down.
Mathias is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrain View Post
Two problems I have had with the oracle:
  • When I output my character to printer or PDF, I don't see my revelations listed anywhere.
  • When I add the "Friend to the Animals" revelation from the "Nature" mystery, it automatically adds the "Summon Nature's Ally" spells to my spells know, taking up my precious spells slots. I see nothing in the description that says I *MUST* learn the spells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrain View Post
You left out the word "still" from the second sentence. I interpret this second sentence to be them pointing out / reminding you that this only adds the spells to the spell list (not your spells known). Please excuse me if this is an incorrect interpretation. What happens if you gain the revelation at a level where you do not get new spells known for a spell level?
The revelations should be in the Special Abilities list on the character sheet - that appears at the bottom of the right-hand column, with spill-overs onto the following pages. One possibility is that all of your revelations are ones like Skill at Arms or Cinder Dance whose effects are represented elsewhere on the characters sheet (as bonus feats) - specials like that are left off the list to reduce clutter.

I think you're right about the Summon Nature's Allies spells - you're not forced to take them. I'll put that on my to-do list, thanks for pointing that out.
Mathias is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmBarador View Post
Sound Burst spell is missing the "Area" description.
Actually, none of the spell descriptions have Area text - this is on my to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmBarador View Post
When creating a Masterwork/Enchanted Temple sword for a monk, it says he is not proficient. (Could be a user error. I am new to HL)
I'm having trouble tracking down exactly why this error is happening, so I've put it on my to-do list. The problem does only exist while the weapon is in the list - once you've selected Temple Sword as the type of custom weapon to use, your monk should be proficient in it. Thanks for the reports.

Update: It turns out there's a problem in HL that's keeping this from working correctly, but Colen's suggested a hack that will make it function until that can be fixed, so the problem with Monks (or Elves, or Bards, etc.) not showing the correct proficiencies when selecting which weapon to base a Custom/Magic weapon on should be fixed in the next update.

Last edited by Mathias; October 19th, 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Status update
Mathias is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwarden View Post
Dragon Disciple Blind Sense ability is printing as Blind Sight on the PDF and statblock.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #30 Reply With Quote