Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Spence

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I love to use Hero Lab to manage my NPC's for games I am running. The only problem I have with it is it enforces all the rules That sounds like a stupid thing to not like, but for NPC's I sometimes don't need a fully fleshed out character or I need to 'break the rules' for special circumstance.

So the request is for a 'switch' that can be set that turns off the validation system and allows you to just select an assign items/stats at will. And maybe a warning flag to remind you that you are in "uncontrolled space".
Spence is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I've never had Hero Lab actually prevent from doing anything I want. If I want to make a 1st level wizard that can cast 9th level spells, I can. It will complain, but it still lets me do it.
huntercc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old February 6th, 2011, 12:57 PM
When I was back-fitting a Savage Worlds NPC from its paper version, HL made me step through each advance, it wouldn't let me just select all the items by type. In other words ID all the advances in on go, jump over and add all increased attributes, jump and add all edges and so on.

Instead I had to turn on advance mode and step through. I could have just front loaded them all, but then the character sheets would be off and sometimes I need to be able to use them as training tools.

And yes... I want my cake and eat it too
Spence is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Yea I am right their with Huntercc. If I want my 1st level NPC to have 15 feats I just do it.

If I want to add a custom house rule their are many built by default into HL in the Adjustment tab. Either way HL never stops you from doing what you want. If you want to see what you did wrong it tells you as info only.

Oppss I see now your talking about Savage-World and not Pathfinder. My bad I know nothing about those other systems....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 6th, 2011, 02:22 PM
When you first create a character, you'll see the Configure Hero form. I think all of our games have the option on this form to change a menu labeled "Type: Player Character" (or some words to that effect) to "Type: NPC" - I just double checked, and Savage Worlds does.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote