Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cire

Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
In our home rules we treat the spell-less ranger and standard ranger as one class to begin. At fourth level the choice must be made to go spell-less with Ranger Talents or core rules with spells. A second xor choice is between Hunters Bond or second Combat Style (along with favored enemy penalties to taking Dual combat style). This has worked out well in game play, certainly no 2 rangers end up the same and fairly balanced. In Hero Labs I have used either the core Ranger or ShadowChemosh's Spell-less Ranger class. Starting with core ranger then as the players progress and make their choices redoing the character in the new Class and (in the case of dual style) archetype. Is it possible to make this all into one class in Hero Labs? Granted in HL internals I'm a noob, but have only found a way to turn off spells through archetypes.

Any guidance, help etc. greatly appreciated...
Cire is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old June 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cire View Post
In our home rules we treat the spell-less ranger and standard ranger as one class to begin. At fourth level the choice must be made to go spell-less with Ranger Talents or core rules with spells. A second xor choice is between Hunters Bond or second Combat Style (along with favored enemy penalties to taking Dual combat style). This has worked out well in game play, certainly no 2 rangers end up the same and fairly balanced. In Hero Labs I have used either the core Ranger or ShadowChemosh's Spell-less Ranger class. Starting with core ranger then as the players progress and make their choices redoing the character in the new Class and (in the case of dual style) archetype. Is it possible to make this all into one class in Hero Labs? Granted in HL internals I'm a noob, but have only found a way to turn off spells through archetypes.

Any guidance, help etc. greatly appreciated...
I am not familiar with the Spell-Less ranger, but could it be made into an Archetype?
Pezmerga is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
drakahn99

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:36 AM
it is possible to make it into an archetype but hasn't been done afik and probably would be the best way to accomplish what your looking into doing.
drakahn99 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Build an archetype that removes the rangers spells per day and adds your custom ability to it. When I was rebuilding the Templar class for dark sun, it was quicker and easier to make it into a cleric archetype rather than a separate character class. Since all you appear to be doing is swapping out the spells per day a ranger gets with a custom ability, this would be the easiest way to handle it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM
In my houserules file I did turn the spell-less ranger into an archetype. If you want I can try and pull it out into a standalone .user file. It may take a week or so me to get around it actually if you do want it.

Or if you the spell-less ranger .user file you can make the archetype pretty easily by listing what you remove on the archetype and bootstrapping the spell-less ranger class specials to the archetype instead.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cire

Old June 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks all! Looks like the Archetype is the way to go.
ShadowChemosh - if you can send me the Archetype file that would be great. No rush, looks like we wont be starting a new campaign for a month or so. As I said for HL programming I am a total noob, so looking into the internals of your archetype file would be a great learning experience.

Thanks!
Cire is offline   #6 Reply With Quote