Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

hoofe

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Not sure if anyone has reported this, but for the Alchemist class, the durations on the mutagens is incorrect.

before 14 level: should be 10 minutes/level, it is currently 1 minute/level

after you receive persistent mutagen at 14th: it should be 1 hour/level, it is currently 10 hours/level
hoofe is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
A few magic item issues.

impaler of thorns - Needs to be tagged as spear

Belt of the Snake King - Appears twice.
Pathfinder #2, pg. 53 - A size-L copy of the Impaler deals 2d6 damage, is shown wielded in two hands, and has no thrown weapon entry - it's a longspear, not a spear.

(P.S. Please help me find the things you're talking about - give me a book reference. I paged through 5 pathfinder issues before I finally found the Impaler - all HL reords is that it's in the Rise of the Runelords adventure path).

I'm afraid the other problem is too late to fix now - we don't know which copy has been purchased by characters, so we can't remove one and leave the item inexplicably missing from saved characters.
Mathias is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofe View Post
Not sure if anyone has reported this, but for the Alchemist class, the durations on the mutagens is incorrect.

before 14 level: should be 10 minutes/level, it is currently 1 minute/level

after you receive persistent mutagen at 14th: it should be 1 hour/level, it is currently 10 hours/level
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Pathfinder #2, pg. 53 - A size-L copy of the Impaler deals 2d6 damage, is shown wielded in two hands, and has no thrown weapon entry - it's a longspear, not a spear.
Actually it is a spear. It would take me awhile to find James Jacobs orginial post but I do have an un-official pdf I created for the community for the RotRL AP. All the answers are from James Jacobs but I didn't save the links to the original posts.

Though it could still be in one of the AP's sticky thread for the Skinsaw Murders. I will try and take a look later to find the original post but it could be lost in their archives.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
graywulfe

Old April 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
What's the race of this character? Any other settings that might be affecting this?

It has happened across all of the characters I have. Examples include Human, Half-Orc, Halfling, Gnome, Elf, Half-Elf, and Tiefling.

As far as settings, none that I am aware of. Any examples I should check on?
graywulfe is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
graywulfe

Old April 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
The familiar's benefits are based on the Witch level, not the master's HD.
I found out that this is a contentious issue on the Paizo messageboards. I guess I will just have to wait for an official decision from Paizo on what effects the higher Hit Dice affect.

Quote:
I'm sorry, what does "HD tging" mean?
Wow, I'm not sure what I originally intended to type there, but what I was referring to was the below quote regarding familiar Hit Dice. Basically I was thinking it would be nice to have a checkbox in the configure hero menu that allows you have your familiar gain all the benifits of the higher HD from its master, or maybe just a setting that allows you to add HD to a familiar using the Additional Hit Dice. Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Hit Dice: For the purpose of effects related to number of Hit Dice, use the master's character level or the familiar's normal HD total, whichever is higher.
graywulfe is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm finding that if I have a horse for a character, buy saddlebags and put something in them (doesn't seem to matter what it is), and then transfer the saddlebags to the horse, HeroLab crashes with the following message:
Quote:
HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details:

C:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
3.6g 231
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00446b50
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1

Or you can find them here:

C:\Users\Aldaron\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror4628.t xt
Aldaron is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
Belafon

Old April 20th, 2011, 06:54 AM
1) Oracle's curse is based on oracle level plus one for every two hit dice or levels other than Oracle. HL appears to only be using Oracle level

2) When playing an infiltrator ranger, not all legal adaptations are showing up (For example when humanoid giant is selected as a favored class, resist energy is not appearing)

3) Shoanti War Paint (from Curse of the Crimson Throne 4): prices for silver and white varieties are reversed.
Belafon is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Skeld

Old April 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Apologies for not reading the whole thread, but a quick search came up with no results, so maybe this isn't old news.

1) Oread should have a speed of 30' instead of 20'.

2) Undine should have Cold Resistance instead of Fire Resistance.

-Skeld
Skeld is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Hero Lab does not currently support any elements of a class going beyond level 20, and using prestige classes to bring the magic level of a class above 20th level is not a way to get around this limitation. I am sorry that the errors that are reported when this happens are not very clear.
Will HL ever support level 21+ characters? The core game rules do, so I had presumed that HL would do so, as well.
mastratton is offline   #140 Reply With Quote