Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Let me test that...
So I finally got this to work. Overall is not too bad but you do have to do a "Replaces Thing ID". So currently I won't be able to do add this to my Adjustments addon.

So on the "Language" tab do a new(copy) of "Common[thingid.lCommon]". On the "Containerreq" tab change the logic to:
Code:
!source.HouNoComm &  !Hero.NoDefComm
Then for the "Replaces Thing ID" enter "lCommon" that is a lower case "L" by the way. Then give it a new unique ID.

On the "Int Item Power" tab do a New(Blank). Give it a name of like "No Common Language" and a new Unique ID. Then enter a new "Eval Scripts" at First 10:
Code:
perform container.assign[Hero.NoDefComm]
Save everything and reload HL or do a "Ctrl-R". Now a new power will show when you add it to the weapon it will remove the Common Language. Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 24th, 2012, 11:18 AM
That did it - thanks Shadow! I actually added the eval script to my power that adds Draconic as a default language, so now my sword has Draconic but not Common, and I can just make a similar power for any other default language.

Next I'll work on getting it set it up so that rather than using a separate power for each desired language the power will just give a drop box with a list of choices.

I'll post back here with either success or a request for help . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Aaron - a suggestion: Add !Hide.Language to the list expression for the language table on an intelligent item. That way, all those replacements and containerreqs could be replaced by simply assigning the Hide.Language tag to that copy of common.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 24th, 2012, 05:19 PM
All right - I need pointing in the right direction.

I was thinking the way to go about this would be to simply give the item an extra language slot now that I've got the Common tongue eliminated.

I went to the Tiefling race to see how their extra starting language is assigned, and attached that script to my ii power. But even though the power is on the item it grants the extra language slot to the character.

I've tried using 'container.herofield[tLangSta]' and 'container.parent.herofield . . .' but both end up still giving the character the extra language slot rather than the item.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 28th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
All right - I need pointing in the right direction.

I was thinking the way to go about this would be to simply give the item an extra language slot now that I've got the Common tongue eliminated.

I went to the Tiefling race to see how their extra starting language is assigned, and attached that script to my ii power. But even though the power is on the item it grants the extra language slot to the character.

I've tried using 'container.herofield[tLangSta]' and 'container.parent.herofield . . .' but both end up still giving the character the extra language slot rather than the item.
Worked on this some more over the weekend - I've now tried everything I can figure out to try. Any help would be appreciated
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Jeanette1963
Banned

Old May 28th, 2012, 04:19 AM
I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic points you are writing on forums.wolflair.com. My time-consuming internet lookup has at the end been honored with extremely good ideas to exchange with my pals. I ‘d express that many of us site visitors actually are extremely endowed to exist in a notable community with so many lovely individuals with useful points. I feel really fortunate to have used your webpage and look forward to so many more fun moments reading here. Thanks a lot again for a lot of things.
Jeanette1963 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Worked on this some more over the weekend - I've now tried everything I can figure out to try. Any help would be appreciated
So I went and pulled up the script on "Linguistics" as I found increasing the magic items Linguistics skill gave it languages.

So taking the script from the Skill gives:
Code:
container.child[gCustMagic].field[gLangs].value += 1

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
And that does exactly what I wanted it to do - I now have an intelligent item power that removes Common as the default language and allows the owner/user/creator of said item to choose a replacement language for it.

Many thanks, Shadow!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #18 Reply With Quote