Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sarelth

Old August 25th, 2015, 05:20 PM
I will look into those books for sure, I think I may have them in my plethora of things, not sure what all I have these days, I just seem to collect stuff.
Sarelth is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old August 25th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
I will look into those books for sure, I think I may have them in my plethora of things, not sure what all I have these days, I just seem to collect stuff.
You should also check out the free players guide for the Hell's Rebels Adventure Path.... even if you have no plans to play it. The guide presents a rebel organization in a manner similar to a Kingdom from the Ultimate Campaign rules (there are some differences, though) and gives it some actions it can take. This *might* be a model to pursue for making other organizations that can act in the political arena, but that would almost have to be some kind of community expansion.

The Kingdom rules debuted in the Kingmaker Adventure Path players' guide, which is still available as a free download from Paizo.

Actually, even if someone doesn't plan to play the Adventure Paths, grabbing players' guides can prove useful for sparking ideas.
Silveras is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 25th, 2015, 07:19 PM
I have all the Player's Guide so far and I have glances through most. Have not gotten around to reading every little thing though.

I agree they are great for ideas. I Kinda wish I could get them all as paper pound though. I have a easier time reading them that way. May just have to import them all to the Ipad and read them there soon.
Sarelth is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 25th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Quote:
May just have to import them all to the Ipad and read them there soon.
THIS! Forget killing a tree. I recommend GoodReader by the way as it works great for reading and sorting pdfs including making Folders on the iPad. It also works great for downloading direct from Paizo website as it has a built in unzip program. So you simply download in the browser and open in GoodReader and away you go.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 25th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Sounds like a good app. I have just been using Ibook and importing my PDFs to it. But if Goodreader has a folder system, that would be really good.
Sarelth is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 26th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Quick question on Archetypes.

Do I have to remove all abilities and re-bootstrap them, if all I want to do is change the level they are gained?
Sarelth is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Quick question on Archetypes.

Do I have to remove all abilities and re-bootstrap them, if all I want to do is change the level they are gained?
Yes that is one way. You could also write a script at like "First/1000" that would reset the ClSpecWhen.? tag to a new value.

Example Script:
Code:
perform hero.findchild[BaseClSpec,"thingid.XXXX & ClSpecWhen.Y"].tagreplace[ClSpecWhen.Y,ClSpecWhen.Z]
So you have to replace some stuff above to get the logic to work. XXXX needs to be change to the Unique ID of the Class Ability. Then Y is the current level the class ability is at. Then Z is the NEW class level you want the ability at.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM
The source I am using for the Paladin Archetypes is a 3rd edition conversion of the Birthright info. They moved Paladin abilities around a lot and I am trying to figure out if its best to keep the standard pathfinder Paladin abilities where they are or if i should move them to where the 3rd edition stuff. I am thinking of doing a bit of both, since some pathfinder abilities are much better than the 3rd edition version. The joys of converting a conversion...

Also, are there many abilities that do the You can use the X rounds per day? One of the Paladin Archetypes has 2 abilities that they tacked that to in the 3rd edition version. If that type of ability is not common in Pathfinder I don't want to use it and will make it a 1/day or something instead. EDIT: Decided on the 1/day for Freedom of movement, similar to the monk ability, still thinking about the Water breathing/walking ability.

One of the Archetypes also gives the Paladin in question access to level 0 - level 6 spells. Not sure how balanced that is since the archetype really does not take anything away from the class to allow that extra spell power.

Last edited by Sarelth; August 26th, 2015 at 07:48 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 31st, 2015, 03:29 PM
Bought a new book for HL and am just waiting for a reallocation of my license and I will post some more updates. Still having an issue with exporting to hl format. Will see if i can get it going, then I can get rid of the zip file and just update a file in my dropbox.
Sarelth is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old April 4th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Looking into getting back to this conversion project. I have a point of confusion, though. In Birthright, there are Realm level spells. They cast from a different pool than regular ones. Would it be easier to add a second range of spells to the caster classes or is there another way?

In the original source, Realm spells counted as the normal spell levels but they had effects that were much more powerful. Such as covering a whole province or country in impenetrable fog or raising an army of undead in one spell. I think it would be best to implement them separately from regular magic. Also, some counted as Divine only and some as Arcane only, but many fit into both groups.

The next issue becomes figuring out how to add them to the classes without editing each class individually preferably. Though thankfully only a few classes would need to be modified as True Magic is limited by a few things.
Sarelth is offline   #90 Reply With Quote