Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Green Hornet

Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
I have a player who wants to explore the use of firearms in Pathfinder. I do not find any of the firearms amongst the weapons. Have these been created anywhere?
Green Hornet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Grog

Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
I have not seen any firearm rules for Pathfinder. However in the past I've done this.....

Crit on 16-20 or 15-20 etc. Depending on the weapon. Adjust as you wish.

If Critical hit is rolled, roll again. and keep rolling as long as you get a critical roll. Damage and damage and damage, etc.

I had a Paladin order in one campaign who were all blunderbuss equipped. One of the low level Paladins killed a large troll with a massive critical. Fun to watch. I think he rolled 6 or 7 high rolls in a row. I ruled that he blew the troll's head into bits.

I would also suggest that an attack roll of 1 has dire effects on the wielder... *boom* Lest the entire party will be 'gangstas'.....

The rest of the party thought the blunderbuss sucked. None of them wanted one. The Paladin held it until he died.
Grog is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 4th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Firearms rules are in the Campaign Setting book, not in the core rules.

This only odd thing is it is a repeating roll (keep rolling 8's on a d8 and you keep rolling)

You can put it in with text in the "Fixed Damage" area something like "Repeating 1d8"
risner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Green Hornet

Old July 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I have the Campaign Sourcebook. Wanted to see if any one had programmed the weapons at this point. I also have AEG's [I]Swashbuckling Adventures[I] and it has nice stats for firearms as well. The damage is better in it than in the Golorian sourcebook.
Green Hornet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
risner

Old July 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
I have the Campaign Sourcebook. Wanted to see if any one had programmed the weapons at this point. I also have AEG's [I]Swashbuckling Adventures[I] and it has nice stats for firearms as well. The damage is better in it than in the Golorian sourcebook.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

You should be able to go into weapons, click new (copy) on a crossbow, add a line in the fixed damage saying what the damage is (like "1d8 repeat on 8's")

You are done (as I describe in the above post.)

What is it that you want that this does not accomplish?
risner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I think he is asking if someone has already done the editing already. Many people still are not comfortable using the editor and I have to agree that first getting use to the editor takes some time. Some of my own players won't even touch it and the few that do had to have to me spend a good 2 hours face to face going over how to use it.

The best I can do is that I have a .user file with guns in it for a upcoming pirates campaign I am going to run. Its based on the soon to be released Razor Coast. The data set is NOT just guns though as it has some custom feats, traits, and equipment for the campaign. The guns and some feats are based partially on what is in the Pathfinder Campaign Setting. The only real difference is I made guns simple as I want them to be used allot. Their is also a new Ranger Gun Style and a Fighter Weapon group Guns in the .user file also.

If interested in that as it at least gives you a file to start working from send me an email to shadowchemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will be happy to send you it. Then you can go open it in the editor and erase the stuff you don't need/want.

What risner is saying will also work just as easily also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old September 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
It would be nice if one could just enter a "custom weapon" in the same way as "custom gear" can be added - though I guess this would almost need a wizard to make sure all the necessary atttributes were captured.

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM
You can create a custome weapon using the basic character page. Is it that you want something specific? it might be very easy in the editor to create the weapon. The only issue in the editor for weapons is if their attributes add to something on the character like a +1 to hit or +1 to damage. Its its just a non-magic gun it should be easy to create.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote