Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

StunningFist

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Last I heard chapter one is about 75% done and I have seen beta copies in DropBox. So looks like the first part will be out soon.
Awesome stuff, this. Cannot wait to see the final product. Whoever the file developer is please pass along a big THANK YOU from some very grateful gamers that want to run WotW!
StunningFist is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dark.Ginger

Old December 5th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Last I heard chapter one is about 75% done and I have seen beta copies in DropBox. So looks like the first part will be out soon.
Marvellous!
I just hope that soon we will have a nicea package with traits, and skills point gestion.
And then Monster and lore? Too much love here!
Dark.Ginger is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
So finishing this up and was thinking that in this case its a little different than the Paizo APs. For the Paizo AP's LW adds anything that is good for players into HL so that when you activate the AP source the players have access to traits, feats, classes, and magic items. Then the community has been releasing the DM side of things in the "Community Bestiary" which includes all the Monsters and the encounters.

So my question is should we follow a similar role for these 3PP. We store the "DM" side of things with the monsters and such with the "Community Bestiary" and create a new download like "Community Player Pack" that stores just the stuff that players would care about?

Or the only ones that are going to install this is GMs so it makes no difference and just put it all together into a single "Way of the Wicked" download? The other difference is that to "Load" this data set will require only "CORE" but if you want to open up the .por files you are going to need access to the official Bestiary packages. Something I wold assume only DM's really purchase.

Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 10th, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old December 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I like the idea of a player pack for this without the GM content if possible. I would probably download the whole pack since I will be the GM, but it might be a lot better if my payers don't for spoiler purposes. Not that it would keep them from doing it, but it might discourage it.
ValaraukarU is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I can see value here for a separate player's download and more complete GM's download. I'll be GMing it so I'll (most gleefully) get the GM's pack, but if there was a player's version available that offered some campaign-specific tweaks for players to use while creating characters for that campaign, my guys would certainly download that as well.
StunningFist is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
So quick update that this is coming "soon". Next day or so unless something strange happens...

With this we will have a new community package. I am thinking of calling it the "Community Player Pack" or CPP for short.

Basically I have it setup with only things that players care about. So I have all those modules frumple did moved over. They include the magic items, feats, poisons, and even adjustments for characters playing in these modules.

It will have Way of the Wicked and will include a Summon Monster 1 & 2 .stock file that has pre-built all the summon monsters including Celestial and Fiendish. So you will still need the official Bestiary 1 to make use of the stock files but it will NOT be required to load this package.

Basically this will include the Player specific needs: Feats, Traits, Equipment, Classes (Archetypes & PrC), magic items, and spells. For 3PP adventure paths and Paizo modules.

This means this package should never have a need for "official" packages past CORE like the Community Bestiary does.

Hopefully people like it....

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old December 13th, 2012, 04:28 AM
ShadowChemosh,
That's good news on the player pack! I know my players will like the campaign-customized options. Any word on how the encounter .por files (i.e. 'The GM Pack') are coming along for the adventures themselves?

As always, thanks for your hard work!

StunningFist
StunningFist is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StunningFist View Post
ShadowChemosh,
That's good news on the player pack! I know my players will like the campaign-customized options. Any word on how the encounter .por files (i.e. 'The GM Pack') are coming along for the adventures themselves?
Basically book1 and book2 is done its just not separated into encounters. The only bad is they are done as individual.por files so no specific encounters where done. In this case I don't have this AP so I couldn't even do that even if I had the time.

So does anyone with the AP be willing to help out? Basically I would just need a break down of the monsters and encounter name or letter. Then I could put them together pretty quickly.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old December 14th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Awesome news SC. While having the NPCs broken down into the actual encounter .pors is always nice, having them each in their own .por is still WAY better than not having them at all. If that ends up being the only form that you have them in then I'll count myself lucky for those. Please give the person who created those files a big thanks from me!
StunningFist is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old December 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I'd be willing to help, getting first 5 mods right now.

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #20 Reply With Quote