Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
The feat Shatter Defenses lists Point Blank Shot in the red text. In the full text it lists the correct feats.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report. (fortunately, it was looking for Dazzling Display to fill that prereq, just listing the wrong feat in its text).
Mathias is offline   #121 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
The mount of cavalier has armor proficiency (light, medium and heavy), but this is incorrect.
It start only with Light Proficiency bonus feat.
Fix this pls!
In the description of the Animal Type (Bestiary, pg. 306), it says "Proficient with no armor unless trained for war."

Rather than restricting it to light armor proficiency, I've interpreted this as meaning that the Combat Training trick (from animal handling) grants light, medium, and heavy armor proficiencies.

Otherwise, the riding dog as listed in the bestiary would not be proficient with the scale barding it's pictured in (admittedly, an illustration shouldn't be relied upon for this sort of thing). I haven't seen anything else that suggests a war-trained animal should need to purchase additional armor proficiencies. As 2 HD creatures, if they receive light armor proficiency free from combat training, the riding dog and horse don't have the feat slots available to purchase both medium and heavy armor proficiencies. So how do you get a mount in full plate barding?

If anyone's seen any errata or official answers that support this or refute it, I'm happy to alter my interpretation of the rules.
Mathias is offline   #122 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I took a standard (5 HD, 5 heads) Hydra and added 7 HD to it to make a 12-headed Hydra. Most increases were OK, but a couple of things went wrong:

The Hydra ended up with 17 heads. It looks like it took all the HD and added on the initial 5 heads, rather than taking the additional HD and adding the initial heads (or even just taking the total HD as the total heads).

The hydra's natural armour didn't increase in line with what the bestiary says. According to the bestiary, each additional HD should add a head and a point of natural armour, but there was no increase in the natural armour.
When I add 7 HD to the hydra using the "Additional HD" option on the classes tab, the hydra has 12 bite attacks and fast healing 12. The # heads added or removed counter on the in-play tab also properly goes from -12 (all the heads chopped off) to +12 (they can't have a total number of heads beyond 2 * HD). I'm afraid I can't duplicate what you're seeing.

The AC increase with additional HD wasn't being applied. Thanks for reporting that, it'll be fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #123 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
So how do you get a mount in full plate barding?
If anyone's seen any errata or official answers that support this or refute it, I'm happy to alter my interpretation of the rules.
While I am in 100% agreement here as Plate Barding is pretty common for a heavy warhorse and be strange to have to waste 2 additional feats to get it. On the other strange hand the write up for the Cavalier Mount says the following: The mount is always considered combat trained and begins play with Light Armor Proficiency as a bonus feat.

So by exact wording it is only Light by reading it RAW. Though JJ seems to sort of imply HERE that the wording was too change when the final version was to come out.

So while I will house rule all three armors for War-Trained it's not exactly what the rules say. Best I can show for additional info.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #124 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
The spell Pillar of Life is a 6th level spell and in the program it is showing as a 1st level spell.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Quote:
The description for the Tieling Bite Special attack is wrong. It has the same description as the +1 vs. good outsiders abilities, when it should have the bite description.

Quote:
Noticed not all tiefling alternate special abilities are in the menu to be selected.
From the FAQ:

Quote:
Added the option for Tieflings to use the variant heritages and variant abilities from Pathfinder #25. To see these, the Council of Thieves source must be selected. Because there are 100 different abilities, only the first 20, #67 and #100 have been added so far. A few more will be added with each update until the list is complete.
I'm sorry I haven't gotten them all done, I just have too many other things to do. I'm happy to fill in one or two requests if you need one for your character/NPC. They should hopefully be relatively easy to add in the editor, if you only need a few.

Last edited by Mathias; August 20th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
Mathias is offline   #125 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Statler View Post
Another Cavalier mount problem.
According to the description on P33 APG; The mount functions as a druids animal companion,using the Cavalier's level as his druids level.
So far so good.
I go to the druid entry in the Core Rulebook and on P.54 they list a horse as a companion. It gives the horse a +4 natural armor bonus. Yet it does not give it to the cavalier's mount in Hero Lab?
Mathias is offline   #126 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
The cavalier appears to be taking his armor check penalty to the Ride skill. A class feature for them is that they do not have armor affect Ride.
Because this effect only applies to Ride checks while riding the mount, not all ride checks, it isn't displayed in Hero Lab.
Mathias is offline   #127 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdark View Post
Also, when I make a quadraped eidolon with a single attack (bite) it should automatically get 1.5 Str bonus to damage, I shouldn't have to select an evolution for this.
Starting with a blank character, I added a level of summoner, added the Eidolon, and then selected Quadruped. The bite's damage is 1d6+3, with a STR bonus of +2, so it's including the x1.5. What are you seeing?
Mathias is offline   #128 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
As an experiment, I created a Nymph Druid 1/Sorcerer 6/Mystic Theurge 10 and that all seemed to work fine so I think the problem is just the Mystic Theurge spellcasting enhancement not picking up racially-inherent spellcasting.
Thanks for the report. I've put this on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #129 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The BAB from the Monk's class even when flurrying DOES stack with other classes. If it didn't it would be a MAJOR draw back for the class if they ever multiclassed. Plus this would be very strange as the default behavior of BAB is to stack from other classes and if it didn't their would have to be a special notation saying its an exception to the normal rules.

HERE is the link to Jason clarifying that a Monk 5/Fighter 5 that did Flurry would have a +10 BAB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Matthias, any chance of getting this changed given the clarification from Jason?
I'm not sure if I'll get to it before the next update, but I've put it on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #130 Reply With Quote