Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old December 18th, 2014, 03:15 PM
This month's release includes two new books and a very complex class from our friends over at Kobold Press. Plus the usual bugfixes to stuff in your stockings. Happy Holidays!

New Releases!
  • Content from Giant Hunter's Handbook is now available as the first book in the new Pathfinder Player Companion #18.
  • Content from Lost Treasures is now available as part of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting #13 package.
  • From Kobold Press, the New Paths Compendium has expanded to include the Theurge base class, and a variety of spells from KP have been updated with new or updated mythic text.

Enhancements &amp Changes
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #89 "Palace of Fallen Stars".
  • Several new spell adjustments have been added and older ones updated to have Mythic effects. Big thanks to forum user ShadowChemosh for his donation!
  • Gear tracking now breaks down how much wealth falls into each category. You can also mark certain pieces of gear as personally crafted, so they count less, using an adjustment on the Adjust tab.
  • Updated the Technology Guide to incorporate the December 2014 errata 1.0.

Bug Fixes
  • A Kineticist's blasts and other abilities that count as weapons were not included with the weapons on the printout.
  • Composite longbows and shortbows should only be charged for strength bonuses, not for strength penalties, meaning that the composite longbow for a Strength 8 character shouldn't be free.
  • Summoners with the Spirit Summoner archetype weren't getting Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Focus at the right levels from the Battle Master hex.
  • The Skvader and Wolpertinger from the Shattered Star adventure path were missing.
  • The Giant Snapping Turtle animal compaion was getting its stat increases at druid level 4, not 7.
  • The Kineticist's Plasma blast had the incorrect description and pre-reqs, those of Magma blast.
  • Two oracle revelations of the Lunar Mystery, "Gift of Claw and Horn" and "Moonbeam", were both incorrectly granting darkvision.
  • The Lunar Mystery's final revelation was incorrectly named and was not being properly replaced by certain archetypes.
  • The Eldritch Heritage feat was not requiring a skill focus when the Arcane bloodline was added through it.
  • The numbers for Attack bonuses displayed on the Abilities tab were not displaying.
  • The Hooded Champion's Panache class feature was not counting as panache for fulfilling pre-requisites.
  • The Improved Natural Armor summoner evolution was still applying its effects even when disabled.
  • Certain abilities with automatically calculated charges were not applying the "Minimum 1" parameter correctly, resulting in 1 too many charges.
  • The generated statblock for a kingdom would not show any armies after any army which did not have text entered for the "Army Commander Name" field.
  • For kingdoms, user entered army names were not being shown on the kingdom's foreign relations tab.
  • The Pistolero gunslinger archetype's "Proficient in One handed Firearms" feature was not granting proficiency in one handed firearms only.
  • The Musket master gunslinger archetype's "Proficient in Two handed Firearms" feature was not granting proficiency in two handed firearms only.
  • The Improved Flight feat was not interacting correctly with certain things which granted fly speeds (like the angelic aspect feat).
  • The Lucky Drunk's mail was not applying a luck bonus to saves when equipped.
  • The Kinetecist's Self Telekinesis, Greater power was missing a pre-req for the earlier instance of that power.
  • The Kinetecist's Expanded Element power would add a slot to take an extra blast type, even when choosing Aether for an Aether focused character. Since Aether has only 1 blast type, this resulted in an unresolvable error for the hero.
  • The First Memories trait was not correctly removing or modifying the base gnome race's SLAs.
  • The Fencing Grace feat was not applying the damage substitution when wielding a rapier in the off hand. Enjoy dual wielding two rapiers!
  • The Failed Aspirant trait had a typo in its name, "Failed Apsirant".
  • The Winding Path Renegade brawler archetype was not removing the bonus feats at 2nd, 8th, and 14th level. It was also not replacing the brawler's AC bonus special.
  • The Winding Path Renegade's Mystery of Unblinking Flame was removing the enhancement bonus to speed based on the monk's normal restrictions, instead of always applying the bonus even in armor or encumbered.
  • Winding Path Renegade Monk abilities were not being disabled when the Martial Flexibility ability was not activated.
  • Typed bonuses applied to the Attack Helper for both melee and ranged attacks were not being passed to the CMB calculations correctly. Only bonuses specifically to melee attacks were passing down, which meant some things, like the Prayer spell adjustment, were not being reflected in CMD totals.
  • The Ki pool granted by the Ki Pool rogue talent was including half rogue levels as bonus charges, instead of only the Wisdom bonus (minimum 1)
  • The O-yoroi armor was missing the Ultimate Equipment source.
  • Scrolls, Potions, and Wands made of spells with an expensive material component were not increasing their price by the component cost.
  • The Beast-Bonded witch archetype was not gaining access to their familiar based class abilities (like being able to communicate with their familiar) as though they were 1 level higher.
  • The Damned feat wasn't applying its attribute bonus.
  • Voice of the Grave was missing the APG source.
  • Fiend Blood wasn't making its chosen skill a class skill.
  • The half-elf paladin favored class bonus was increasing an aura's bonus instead of its radius.
  • The Qinggong Monk's Spring Attack ki power had the wrong description.
  • The gnome paladin's favored class bonus was increasing the die type of lay on hands.
  • The darksire amulet wasn't increasing your energy resistance if you had the scaled skin alternate racial trait.
  • The death's touch revelation was showing the wrong damage and had the wrong uses per day.
  • Buckler proficiency and light shield proficiency were showing up as selectable feats.
  • The Magaambyan arcanist's aura wasn't counting for the pre-requisite for Sacred Summons.
  • Many items were not correctly marked as not allowed for Pathfinder Society play.
  • The True Primitive's Trophy Fetish ability was not applying as a morale bonus to damage, meaning it was stacking incorrectly.
  • The Titan Mauler's Massive weapons ability was not correctly counteracting the size penalties of larger weapons.
  • The Arcanist (Blade Adept)'s Black Blade was not correctly calculating its enhancement bonus, intelligence, etc.
  • Favored Class Options which add spells to spellbooks/formula books/familiars have had their displayed name slightly tweaked, to avoid confusion with a portion of the arcanist's rules for spellcasting.
  • The Weapon Cord gear item has had its text updated to reflect the paizo FAQ that recovering a weapon so attatched should be a move action.
  • A Cavalier (Emissary) who selected Heavy Armor proficiency as one of the Cavalier class' bonus feats would not get the effects of that feat.
  • An Investigator's Inspiration pool at 1st level was being calculated as if the 1/2 level portion had a minimum of 1, but it should be the attribute modifier, not the level that has a minimum of 1.
  • The Kineticist's Blasts that are ranged touch attacks were not getting the benefits of the Weapon Focus (Ray), Weapon Specialization (Ray) or Greater Weapon Specialization (Ray) feats.
  • Archetypes which were supposed to expand the starting languages allowed based on your class were not doing so.
  • The agile weapon power, when assigned to a two-handed weapon (like the Elven Curve Blade), was allowing the Dex modifier to be multiplied by 1.5, which is specifically disallowed by the power's description.
  • Custom built scrolls and potions were not multiplying their cost by their quantity for gear values when stacked together.

Data File Authoring
  • Added the ChargeCalc.FinalMin1 and ChargeAttr.Minimum1 tags, which are variations on the existing minimum tag. ChargeCalc.Minimum1 (the original) causes the minimum of base charges (those gained based on number of HD or levels) to be 1. ChargeAttr.Minimum1 causes the number of charges from a selected attribute to be no less than 1. ChargeCalc.FinalMin1 ensures that the summ of base and attribute charges is no less than 1.
  • Added the Helper.SplExpBook tag, which can be applied to a class helper so that the spell expansion table limits itself to only those spells found in that class' spellbook. This is used for the Innate spells for the Theurge class.
  • Added several new herofields to track the amount of gear in each subcategory for wealth tracking (tGrWepVal/tGrProVal/tGrMagVal/tGrLimVal/tGrOthVal).
Aaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 19th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Is the Downloads page going to be updated soon? It's still showing 10.8 (and 10.10 for the iPad).

EDIT: OK, I downloaded the file and it says it's 10.11 (and the new stuff is there) so I guess it's just the page text that is out of date.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds

Last edited by charlieluce; December 19th, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 22nd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Is the Downloads page going to be updated soon? It's still showing 10.8 (and 10.10 for the iPad).

EDIT: OK, I downloaded the file and it says it's 10.11 (and the new stuff is there) so I guess it's just the page text that is out of date.
Thanks for noticing this! We've updated the page with the correct versions and dates.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
darkcoolone

Old December 25th, 2014, 08:45 PM
I downloaded the Pathfinder 10.11 update and then did the import but I keep getting errors because it says the package data is corrupted and need to manually download the updated data. So I have downloaded the 10.11 update again but still get the same errors when I do the import. This has causes no access to my Pathfinder characters. Please help
darkcoolone is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 26th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcoolone View Post
I downloaded the Pathfinder 10.11 update and then did the import but I keep getting errors because it says the package data is corrupted and need to manually download the updated data. So I have downloaded the 10.11 update again but still get the same errors when I do the import. This has causes no access to my Pathfinder characters. Please help
This can happen when a download gets interrupted half-way through. Can you try downloading the update manually here and see if it updates it properly?
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
darkcoolone

Old December 27th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I downloaded the 10.11 Pathfinder update manually from where you asked but Herolab Pathfinder still won't work. Here is what is says
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Package file 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\Pathcore.pkg' has corrupt contents. Please download the package again via the Updates mechanism.

I have also downloaded the Herolab for Windows 6.1 update from the same site. Still doesn't work.
darkcoolone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
darkcoolone

Old December 27th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I have downloaded the Herolab windows 6.1 and then run the file. It couldn't finish because it said the data was corrupted. There was not interruption of the download. I don't get it anytime I download Herolab and Pathfinder updates and run them they all come back and say corrupt contents. Extremely frustrated right now.
darkcoolone is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 27th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcoolone View Post
I have downloaded the Herolab windows 6.1 and then run the file. It couldn't finish because it said the data was corrupted. There was not interruption of the download. I don't get it anytime I download Herolab and Pathfinder updates and run them they all come back and say corrupt contents. Extremely frustrated right now.
Be sure you have turned off all antivirus, windows defender, and firewall software. Those can sometimes cause strange corruptions.

Also have you tried a browser for download other than IE?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
darkcoolone

Old December 28th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Herolab Pathfinder is still not working. I have downloaded the 6.1 and 10.11 update direct from LWD site using both Internet Explorer and Chrome. Antivirus has been uninstalled and Windows firewall turned off. I continue to get the below message. Today I try to download the 6.1 and 10.11 from LWD and they say they are unavailable.
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Error reading package file 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\Pathcore.pkg'

Last edited by darkcoolone; December 28th, 2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add more info
darkcoolone is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 29th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Sounds like you may need to reinstall, but I would recommend putting in a support ticket. Its the holiday season so being patient is required, however LWD support is very good and they will help you.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote