Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old September 1st, 2011, 07:06 AM
The carrion crown user file has a duplicate fear of fire special bootstrapped to a particular NPC as it has been officially entered in the base datasets.

I've adjusted my version so the NPC from the AP is referenced and bootstrapped correctly otherwise the official version uses an incorrect name for the ability. It references the shriezyx on the specials tab.

Just mentioning it to alert the data file author!
bodrin is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 1st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
The carrion crown user file has a duplicate fear of fire special bootstrapped to a particular NPC as it has been officially entered in the base datasets.
Will take a look but not 100% sure I follow what your saying actually. Most of the special abilities should/would have to be made custom as you can't assume everyone will have access to the Bestiary data set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Council of Thieves - bodrin - PF25 complete
Got this just have not had time to post it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Carrion Crown - Umarian - PF43 & PF44 submitted to ShadowChemosh
This is posted to d20pfsrd and I have been sent PF45 so need to post it up too soon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 1st, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM
That's a good point, Shadow. And one thing that I've found most time-consuming about creating new creatures.

I make a copy of every special ability a creature has (with the exception of things like darkvision, low-light vision, damage reduction and immunities). So, if a creature has the Grab ability. I do not bootstrap raGrab. I create a race-specific ability with an ID of something like rauRaceGrb that tells me this version of Grab is associated to that race only.

It's definitely interesting to look at the different .user files and see how people do things differently. It's like each file has its own personality.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM
I just looked and no creature in my CotCT Bestiary package has any bestiary sources checked, but I cannot say that I didn't bootstrap something from the bestiary that would cause errors for users without it.

I know my CotCT Ap files require the bestiary since there are some NPCs/Creatures modified that are from the bestiary in it, but I think that is OK.
ValaraukarU is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:40 AM
I opened your file last night and didn't see anything that should be a problem, V.

One thing that I noticed was that you referenced a new Source for your entries, whereas I tied mine to the "Rise of the Runelords" source that was already in the game. Not sure if that would be a problem for others or not. I included User as a secondary source, so the creatures should show up, even if the Rise of the Runelords source is unchecked.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
Is it preferred to link the existing CotCT source for my entries as well as my user source?
ValaraukarU is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
Is it preferred to link the existing CotCT source for my entries as well as my user source?
When I was helping Umarian out I had him just source mark his stuff to "Carrion Crown". I figured that players would not be looking at the monsters even if checked as I "assume" most people have HL set to only show PC races. At least my group does.

So a DM can easily find the Monster in a search and a player just should not be looking I would think.

So the point is I don't see a huge benefit from having a 2nd Source for monsters from a AP but thats me...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Quick question. In PF46 there is a Colour-Blighted Simple Template listed under the Colour Out of Space. Is this not listed because someone already did it or was it just an oversight?
Umarian is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Not sure that I understand which one you are referring to either Bodrin. Which NPC are you referring to so that I can take a look at it?
Umarian is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM
For sources, I prefer to go with whatever keeps the list in its simplest form. Folks who need the information know where the AP data is referenced, so I think using existing sources is the best way to go unless there's a legal or technical reason not to.

For my own copy of ValaraukarU's CotCT file, I'm changed the sources so that only "User" and "Curse of the Crimson Throne" are selected.

To answer Umarian's quesion, I didn't include the Colour-Blighted template as a separate entry because I was only looking at individual bestiary entries for the AP. If adding the template isn't too complicated, then I think it should definitely be added in. I'll update my list to include it. Thanks for pointing that out.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #100 Reply With Quote